Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (26584 Views)

Shadows Of The Green / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by musa7m(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
For people like Soyinka America is their backyard. I can understand why you wouldn't carry Trump for head. When elders are talking keep quiet.
who and who be elder here.....wetin the trump do for me or you....way make me carry. He matter for head...(Are you flat head or oil soup eater)

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by peculiar32(f): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
MrTour:
How far with TB Joshua's prediction gone wrong.

I saw a post where he re-stated he had initially said a "Wool-man" ie a man with wool on his head will win and not a Woman lol.

lmao
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by amazingspiderma: 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
If Wole Soyinka had been silent, he wouldn't have been cooking up with all these lame excuses.

Just like PMB's certificate, it has given birth to many excuses.

To lie is so easy, to cover it up is a lot of hard work. It is even harder than a PhD thesis defense.

lessons : Never promise something you can't deliver, you will spend a long time regretting it.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by abnass1fantarai(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

"Soyinka risks jail term of three to seven years if he cuts green card"-Legal expert

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-soyinka-risks-jail-term-of-three-to-seven-years-if-he-cuts-green-card-legal-expert/171128.html

who is this Soyinka
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by mukthar2000(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
I am sure. The paid the might have pay the lawyer to brain watch people so that the we not distroy the green card. Fool u better do
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by ogbonti: 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
that is the effect of watching CNN... more than thinking for yourself. PLEASE, TEAR THE GREEN CARD LIKE YOU SAID. when and where is the green card tearing ceremony? grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
He was never going to do that, methinks. Just loud mouthed exhibitionism, and a bet on the wrong horse.

Please stop wasting our time with this green card news. He has already got his moment of grandstanding. Leave him be.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by tammie24: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:
That's the biggest lie in the world

You can destroy your green card Infront of the white with all the American police watching and they will never ask you a question or arrest you

You can burn the American flag in front of the police and nothing will happen

This is part of the 5th amendment

If someone is brave enough to bet 3 million naira, i will video myself during my green card

That lawyer should be stripaed of his practice licence and be deported to Borno state
why do we need to pay you three million to do that. Just prove it and stop make silly noises

You get green card sef?

Oshi!
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

You can destroy your green card Infront of the white with all the American police watching and they will never ask you a question or arrest you

If someone is brave enough to bet 3 million naira, i will video myself during my green card

That lawyer should be striped of his practice licence and be deported to Borno state

You got it wrong

The lawyer is right. The willful destruction of a US govt document is a crime; it's not speech that is protected by the First Amendment.

But the burning of the American flag, that is owned by an individual, is deemed by the US Supreme Court to be protected speech under the First Amendment. However, it's a crime to burn an American flag that is displayed in a government building because it is tantamount to willful destruction of government property.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by life00: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2016
Please all these funky people who call themselves celebrities should stop pulling all these their PUBLICITY STUNTS..the proff should just bring his head down 'cause we all know there aint no way he is going to destroy his Green card..#SMH
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by vislabraye(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
AGUBANZE:
We Africans just carry Trump matter for head like say America na our backyard. I dnt think its like this at Russia or the far Eastern Europe

You think so ?
Many Nigerians are happy cos they just don't like Obama .
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Mileslamar1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2016
hmmm
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by VajanahDischaj(f): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
dre11:

"Soyinka risks jail term of three to seven years if he cuts green card"-Legal expert

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-soyinka-risks-jail-term-of-three-to-seven-years-if-he-cuts-green-card-legal-expert/171128.html

4k him!! Wole tear that card!!! how many countries has the United States not destroyed with weapons of war?
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Damfostopper(m): 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

That lawyer should be striped of his practice licence and be deported to Borno state
go to the white house and burn the flag na.... just hiding behind the keyboard to type Nonnsense
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by amanikondo: 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
AGUBANZE:
We Africans just carry Trump matter for head like say America na our backyard. I dnt think its like this at Russia or the far Eastern Europe

It is like that in Europe.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Emassive(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Don't waste data on this people that sold their heart to their Fulani masters since 1914.... wole soyinka's attitude is a typical Yoruba default setting
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
See Black man bragging about tearing a Card that you cant produce; a card that you begged b4 dem gree give you undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by AMUNSI23(f): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
No yoruba no 2face no 2face no yoruba.that is why they put naija in tumoil.you can ask obj or Tinubu sorry timnubu or tinubu anyone you call him
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by OlaoChi: 8:19am On Nov 12, 2016
AGUBANZE:

it's not even like this in Canada.

africa just has too many crazy people
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by OlaoChi: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2016
Emassive:
Don't waste data on this people that sold their heart to their Fulani masters since 1914.... wole soyinka's attitude is a typical Yoruba default setting

I don't think you know history. Yoruba have always been the biggest opposition to fulani in Nigeria
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by chyboyfrank(m): 10:51am On Nov 12, 2016
pls sir prof Wole Soyinka tear this green card make we see.
Maybe the validity of ur green card is the original cause of naira to dollar depreciation.
Yoruba and noise making are like amala with ewedu soup!!
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Dare2Try(m): 11:10am On Nov 12, 2016
Nobody force Mr loud mouth to make promise of tearing his green card if Trump win, so he should be a man and keep his promise, weather jail terms or not e no concern us
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Emassive(m): 12:59am On Nov 15, 2016
Just like you are all against Fayose's anti Grazing law... Hypocrites that claim to be one thing but still curse someone else for doing it right the same. Smh.
NB: Am not insulting you in anyway
OlaoChi:

I don't think you know history. Yoruba have always been the biggest opposition to fulani in Nigeria
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by OlaoChi: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
Emassive:
Just like you are all against Fayose's anti Grazing law... Hypocrites that claim to be one thing but still curse someone else for doing it right the same. Smh.
NB: Am not insulting you in anyway

I support fayose's anti grazing law

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Emassive(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2016
OK (Peace)
OlaoChi:

I support fayose's anti grazing law

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Don't Scream (PDS) / Why Do Most Nigerians Fail To Pronounce These Words Correctly? / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.