Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Notepad Secret - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Notepad Secret (2159 Views)

How To Clear Or Clean Your RAM With Notepad / Yahoo Notepad / Creating Funny Viruses With Your Notepad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notepad Secret by Tini(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2007
who has an explanation for this notepad secret,when you type "bush hid the facts" on windows xp notepad and save it with the name bush or anything.then close the notepad.when you open that same saved document,you discover it is corrupt.guys try it and tell what you think.
Re: Notepad Secret by goodguy(m): 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2007
Interesting.

But if you open and resave it, it won't be 'corrupt' anymore. You'll see the text as it is.
Re: Notepad Secret by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2007
its strange though why windows had to encrypt it
Re: Notepad Secret by otoidea(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2007
whoa!!, i ddnt bliv it till i tried it,

lol

therz prolly sum facts hidden
Re: Notepad Secret by zPixel(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2007
Have seen that stuff before. It a bug in notepad, some jobless people just decided to make something out of it. The bug is triggered when you type words in the order of 4 3 3 5 try typing nnnn nnn nnn nnnnn.
Re: Notepad Secret by sholemania: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2007
wrttttttttttttttt
Re: Notepad Secret by naijafan(m): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2007
and who tha Bleep is ajagbei?!

hey, those things arent bugs. they are called easter eggs. They where put into those softwares for fun, that's all. other examples of easter eggs are as follows

in windows 98, goto control panel, display. click on the screensaver tab and select '3d text'. now, replace the default text with 'volcano'. preview and see what happens.

in microsoft office powerpoint 2003 or 2000, goto help/about
hold ctrl and shift and click on the poweroint logo. a small clip appears dat lists the names of all the developers on the powerpoint team.

there is a lil mail game that comes with outlook 2000. i've forgotten the steps to it right nw cos its so long. there's also a small car-racing game in excel. you can search for it cos i've forgoten those things nw.

there's also a windings font trick that replaces the number of one of the planes that crashed into the world trade centre with a funny illustration
type 'QQ33N' in ms word and change the font to wingdings. cheesy

there are a lotta other easter eggs out there just waiting to be discovered. this site archives some of 'em - http://www.eeggs.com found out about the site abt 1997. good luck to y'all in ur easter eggs ride grin
Re: Notepad Secret by zPixel(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2007
I guess programmers are just trying to have fun with their boring job.
Re: Notepad Secret by Uche2nna(m): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2007
zPixel:

I guess programmers are just trying to have fun with their boring job.

Is programming a boring job? I thot it was interesting
Re: Notepad Secret by naijafan(m): 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2007
nope, they are probably addin' some humour into their sometimes rather rigid tasks.
Re: Notepad Secret by zPixel(m): 6:37pm On Jan 27, 2007
@ Uche2nna,

That's just my what i think. If you're a programmer you can let us know how intersting your job is.
Re: Notepad Secret by Uche2nna(m): 6:48pm On Jan 27, 2007
I am not a programmer. I am just thinking about joining a lab that uses a lot of programming to solve biological problems sad
Re: Notepad Secret by naijafan(m): 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2007
programming is really interestin' altho to ext observers, they might think the programmer's simply a nerd. sometimes, i code and forget about two meals straight. i do coldfusion, c#.net, and formerly visual basic and c++. i dropped those when i opted out of desktop programmin' after rockin it for about 4-5yrs. programmin' is interesting folks.
Re: Notepad Secret by Uche2nna(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2007
naijafan:

programming is really interestin' altho to ext observers, they might think the programmer's simply a nerd. sometimes, i code and forget about two meals straight. i do coldfusion, c#.net, and formerly visual basic and c++. i dropped those when i opted out of desktop programmin' after rockin it for about 4-5yrs. programmin' is interesting folks.

Thnx man ***phew***
Re: Notepad Secret by zPixel(m): 7:01pm On Jan 27, 2007
@Uche2nna,

Gook luck at your new adventure.

(1) (Reply)

Iwpv2 Servers/settings For Etisalat / My Laptop Can't Recognize Any Kind Of Disc. Please Help! / Microsoft Releases Windows 8.1 Update (3.63GB To Address Operating System Lapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.