Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 (3190 Views)

Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda / Just In Honda Pilot 2007 With These Faults / Stabilizer Silencer In Honda Accord 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good evening Car gurus,

Please my trusted car gurus, I noticed my Drive sign started blinking yesterday, today I changed my gear oil with Mobil 220 but the blinking still occurred...

Any need to worry?

Awaiting your helpful comments
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by abolore80(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
make sure the oil is a recommended type. Otherwise it may tell on your gear. The cause of the blinking D drive is as a result of a solenoid attached to your gear which has gone bad. That's what you need to change. Is your speedometer working?
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by mokset123: 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
kayceekleans:
Good evening Car gurus,

Please my trusted car gurus, I noticed my Drive sign started blinking yesterday, today I changed my gear oil with Mobil 220 but the blinking still occurred...

Any need to worry?

Drain and put Honda DW1 transmission fluid. Hondas need a specific transmission oil.
I have driven the 2004, 2005 and 2006 Honda accords
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
abolore80:
make sure the oil is a recommended type. Otherwise it may tell on your gear. The cause of the blinking D drive is as a result of a solenoid attached to your gear which has gone bad. That's what you need to change. Is your speedometer working?

Yes it's working
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
mokset123:

Drain and put Honda DW1 transmission fluid. Hondas need a specific transmission oil.
I have driven the 2004, 2005 and 2006 Honda accords

Thank you
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by mayor2013: 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
kayceekleans:

Thank you

Are you scared of buhari? if you are drain out that nonsense mobil oil and use the recommended transmission oil called "DW1" if you are not scared of buhari, continue to use your palm oil angry

1 Like

Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by OPUSDEI1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
OP, you should take your vehicle to a standard workshop and have it scanned and properly diagnosed. Various issues can cause a blinking D light and Your changing the ATF to Mobil 220 will only result to bigger problems in future.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2016
kayceekleans:
Good evening Car gurus,

Any need to worry?

accord 2012 what engine type? What you need first is a scan. If in lagos come for a free scan. 08033910382.

After that the scan will point to a defective part. (solenoid, pressure switch, speed sensor) replace part and blinking goes.

It's as. Easy as that.

Meanwhile you will have to drain completely the palm oil you have poured into yor transmission. It is not health and will cause damage slowly.

1 Like

Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

accord 2012 what engine type? What you need first is a scan. If in lagos come for a free scan. 08033910382.

After that the scan will point to a defective part. (solenoid, pressure switch, speed sensor) replace part and blinking goes.

It's as. Easy as that.

Meanwhile you will have to drain completely the palm oil you have poured into yor transmission. It is not health and will cause damage slowly.

Ivtec
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
kayceekleans:

Ivtec

processing......... error error error
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by diportivo: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
kayceekleans:

Ivtec

Bros,u need to know much more about ur car o...cos dats why someone can recommend Mobil 220 (only God knows what is) to u and u will agree to av it poured in ur transmission

Honda for dat matter cry

U don't even know if its an i4 or a V6

Ivtec bawo shocked
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
diportivo:

Bros,u need to know much more about ur car o...cos dats why someone can recommend Mobil 220 (only God knows what is) to u and u will agree to av it poured in ur transmission

Honda for dat matter cry

U don't even know if its an i4 or a V6

Ivtec bawo shocked

It's an i4
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by Itulah(m): 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
It could be electrical related. Check for a broken or faulty wiring from any of the Transmission sensors harness connector otherwise known as plug.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kingreign(m): 10:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
kayceekleans:
Good evening Car gurus,

Any need to worry?

Your location?

If you're in Abuja, I MAY assist you to scan and also give you advice on what to do.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Update

I noticed this issue on Wednesday, changed the oil on Thursday but when I driving home that Thursday the blinking continued... From Friday till now it has not blinked...

I will check for the oil advised...

Thanks all...
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by stealth2: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
Well from experience, the blink is usually caused by a faulty speed sensor. I think you should run a scan before buying oil.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kingreign(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2016
stealth2:
Well from experience, the blink is usually caused by a faulty speed sensor. I think you should run a scan before buying oil.

Not always. Even a shift solenoid malfunction can cause it
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kayceekleans(m): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2016
kingreign:

Not always. Even a shift solenoid malfunction can cause it

The blinking just started again
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
kayceekleans:
Good evening Car gurus,
Any need to worry?
kayceekleans:

Just scan the transmission.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by kingreign(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
kayceekleans:

Scan that transmission.
Re: Blinking 'D' - Drive Sign In Honda Accord 2012 by sultaan(m): 3:23am On Nov 18, 2016
That Honda is about to bite the dust running on Mobil 220 gear oil.

Gbese loading

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!Honda Accord 2005 V6 For Sale / Honda Accord 2005 Reving High Rpm / Unbelievable - A Man Has 5,000 Cars Worth N2.3 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.