Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President (1060 Views)

Breaking! Donald Trump Set To Be Removed As U.S President Today / The World's Poorest President Who Gave Out His Salary as Charity / Donald Trump To Forfeit $400,000 Annual Salary As President (see Why) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Nov 11, 2016
The newly elected POTUS, Donald Trump says he would turn down U.S. Presidential salary if elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56SxICbH1i8

Trump: "No Salary For Me As President"

President Trump has promised to do many things if he is elected as a president. And his first change may happen from the early beginning. As we know, the then-Republican presidential frontrunner declared he would forego a presidential salary of $400,000 if elected, and would not seek outside contributions to his campaign.

Trump, the front-runner for the Republican nomination in the 2016 race despite having no political experience, was asked at a town hall-style meeting in Rochester, New Hampshire, if, as president, he would roll back generous pension and healthcare benefits given to members of Congress.

"The first thing I’m going to do is tell you that if I’m elected president, I’m accepting no salary, OK?” Trump said. “That’s no big deal for me. I won’t take even one dollar. I’m totally giving up my salary if I become president”.

Trump, who built his fortune as a developer, real estate mogul and reality television personality, was listed on Thursday at No. 405 on Forbes magazine's list of the world’s billionaires, with a fortune of $4.1 billion. Shortly after announcing his candidacy in June, Trump said his net worth was more than $10 billion. Herbert Hoover, who made millions of dollars in mining before becoming president in 1921, and John F. Kennedy, who came from a wealthy family, both donated their presidential salaries to charity.

And in case you all are wondering that this is some fake story-it’s not. Here is a video proof:

And this is why they don’t want him, because he CAN'T be bought and WON'T go along with their "corrupted stuff" to ruin our Country. This is AWESOME President Trump.

http://donaldtrumpnews.co/news/trump-no-salary-president/

Do we have anyone who is magnanimous enough to make this statement in Nigeria? I know of one, my pastor W.F. Kumuyi of Deeper Life Bible Church. He does not draw any salary from the church coffers. smiley

1 Share

Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by kinibigdeal(m): 12:37am On Nov 11, 2016
OLAADEGBU!! Its been a while. Trump will surprise the expectations of many haters
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by delectablegyal(f): 12:46am On Nov 11, 2016
This guy is fond of saying crap.

Guys, check my dp, i have a surprise package for you there.
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Nov 11, 2016
kinibigdeal:

OLAADEGBU!! Its been a while. Trump will surprise the expectations of many haters

The many haters are now doing what they know best - rioting and protesting. I can only blame it on the influence of the mainstream media who has misled them into thinking they are fighting for a just cause. undecided
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by ekanDamie: 1:05am On Nov 11, 2016
he has successfully ran his empire, he deserves to run a state
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by Kentura(m): 2:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Sound the Trumpet.. We won! make mistake dash me just ya one month salary..
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by eezeribe(m): 4:33am On Nov 11, 2016
OK
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by ihimiray(m): 6:21am On Nov 11, 2016
delectablegyal:

what is d surprise package undecided, if u don't use ur pussy as ur dp I refused to be surprised, mention me when u do
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
delectablegyal:

Can you explain what you mean by saying he is fond of saying crap? undecided
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
ekanDamie:

he has successfully ran his empire, he deserves to run a state

That is a good sign that he can successfully lead his nation to greatness. I wish Nigeria has people who have the same qualification and intention.
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Kentura:

Sound the Trumpet.. We won! make mistake dash me just ya one month salary..

He worked hard to get himself into that position. He did not have to depend on donations from fat cats to run his campaign. If you work hard you will not have to depend on handouts from corrupt politicians.
Re: Trump Says He Would Not Get Salary As U.S. President by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

OK

It seems you are not that impressed, no? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Five Things To Know About Trump's Jerusalem Decision / Muslim Outrage At French Attempt To Delete Koran Verses / Expect Mother Of All Wars If . . ., Iran Leader Warns Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.