Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November (2440 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this?

Arsenal: 83% (10 votes)
AZ Alkmaar: 16% (2 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Bayern Munich Vs Arsenal : UCL (5 - 1) On 4th November 2015 / Lyon Vs Liverpool [1 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November / Newcastle United(1) Vs Manchester United(2) On Wednesday 4th March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Cristalz(f): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2009
In Group H, Arsenal welcome AZ Alkmaar to the Emirates for the return leg of their UCL tie. Arsenal currently top the group with 7 points, while AZ Alkmaar have got 2 points.

Arsenal had the chance to get a win during the 1st leg at the Almaarderhout stadium, but blew it in stoppage time when AZ Alkmaar got an equalizer to end the game at 1-1.
In seven competitive home games against Dutch opposition, Arsenal have only posted two victories. However, after their 2-0 victory against Olympiacos on Matchday 2, Arsenal are looking for another long run of unbeaten home games in the competition.
The Gunners are in good form however, banging in a lot of goals in the EPL.
Striker Robin Van Persie is one to look out for, as a good amount of those goals have resulted from his impressive left foot. Eduardo is also available for Coach Wenger's strike force. Nicklas Bendtner is out injured, and will not play on the night.
Captain Cesc Fabregas will, as usual, head up the midfield. Andrei Arshavin should start; his striking abilities will be required to ensure the Gunners get a home victory. Song, Diaby, Ramsey, Eboue and Nasri are available midfield options for Wenger to choose from.
Denilson, Walcott and Rosicky are all injured.
Defensively, Arsenal will have to keep things tight to ensure there will be no repeat of what happened at the Almaarderhout. With Tomas Vermaelen, Gael Clichy and William Gallas in back, chances of that do seem less than likely, but still anything could go wrong.
Manuel Almunia is back though, and will take over from Vito Mannone who was the goalie during the 1st leg. That is definitely a relief for Arsene. Bacary Sagna is a good choice for the back line as well.
Arsenal have got home advantage. As things stand, they will need to use all the skill they possess and avoid defensive mistakes to win this and seal their qualification for the KO rounds.

AZ Alkmaar showed great determination in the 1st leg when they pressed relentlessly to get their equalizer. However as they come to English soil, one has to remember that AZ have lost all four previous games in England, conceding 12 goals. Still, this could be different.
AZ Alkmaar are not in the best of forms though, having won only one of their last 6 games in the Dutch Eredivisie. They won't have it easy at the Emirates on the night.
Jeremain Lens and Moussa Dembele are names to look out for in attack.
Midfielder David Mendes Da Silva - the man that got the late equalizer in the 1st leg - is another one to look out for.
If AZ Alkmaar show the same resolve they showed at the Almaarderhout and manage to keep a tight defense, they might.  .  .just might get something at the Emirates.
Chances are quite slim though. It's a fully firing Arsenal squad they are up against at home.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by FBS: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2009
A draw, no? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by bammy(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2009
A win , Yes for AZ. . . My dutch boys.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by allboyz(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
4 nil to L'arse

Nasri to get a Goal!

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by ritchboy(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
This game has 7 nil written all over it
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by kaypumpin2(m): 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
It's high time we erased the "Koeman" curse.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by HNIC(m): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
Any score would do, 2-0,3-0, let's just win.But if the score becomes 'comfortable', we should pull out the big guns
and rest them for the weekend.
We are playing Wolves,
But. . . . , . . .
Like we have seen so far,
no more small teams in the EPL
Any stuttering, they will take advantage!
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by edoyad(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
Crizzle said we should watch out for RVP's impressive left foot. I was just thinking that the Funny thing is about 4 of his league goals were right footers. One foot striker indeed cool
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by yousouph(m): 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
Surely, no repeat of the 1st leg here. Maximum SHI SHI to AZ Akmar.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by harmeenut: 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
@ Yousouph
Maximum SHI SHI to AZ Akmar.

REPETE - MAXIMUM SHI SHI TO az akmar cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Cristalz(f): 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
edoyad:

Crizzle said we should watch out for RVP's impressive left foot. I was just thinking that the Funny thing is about 4 of his league goals were right footers. One foot striker indeed  cool

Cristalz:

Striker Robin Van Persie is one to look out for, as a good amount of those goals have resulted from his impressive left foot.

This is why students fail in school. grin
I said, look out for Robin Van Persie; a good amount of goals have resulted from his impressive left foot. Note ''good amount''.
I did not say, 'look out for Van Persie's impressive left foot.'

Grammar/interpretations aside, bottom line is the dude does have an impressive left foot. Quit looking for something to criticize.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by dominique(f): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
this should be an easy win for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by edoyad(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2009
shocked shocked
Crizzle are ye alright ? Criticize whom or what ? I was alluding to the fact that RVP has been scoring with his right foot which is a surprise to even myself who has always regarded him a left footed striker.

May be the way i ended the post with the"indeed" line caused you to misconstrue the whole post but it wasn't directed at your red nose in anyway.
That's why i told you to stay away from Agassi in in the 90's that guy was bad for you. sad
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by edoyad(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2009
@dominique (pronounced dominikwe), what are you finding here ? Better go back to Lubumbashi where you're from.
The type of discussion we have here is too complex for you and you could suffer permanent brain damage which no doc in Owerri will be able to fix. angry
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by slimshay(m): 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
eyin omode yi, make una no fight. i will arrange english tutorials for you ehn. se gbo? grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by MrCrackles(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2009
Topic. . . .
I predict a resounding Arsenal win!
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by FBS: 1:09pm On Nov 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic. . . .
I predict a resounding Arsenal win!

grin. hmmmm
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by MrCrackles(m): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
FBS:

grin. hmmmm
Are you surprised grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by FBS: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2009
MrCrackles:

Are you surprised grin
Yep. Very surprised. . . grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Arabambi1: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Yousouph & Harmeenut

you left a word i would have loved in the statement.
it should be "Operation MAXIMUM shishi" grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Cristalz(f): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2009
@edoyad
I apologize. . .on behalf of my red nose as well. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by v3: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2009
@Cristalz

GF, u should be a mod on my forum!!! grin

Regarding the match, Le' arse 4- AZ-Azmaak 0

cool cool
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by edoyad(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2009
^ v3 be warned, MOD Poachers will be shot . angry

@Criz, red nose apology accepted.

@gooners, Gaelic Clichy out with stress fracture in the back. sad
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Cristalz(f): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2009
What's a stress fracture? grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Borat1: 9:58am On Nov 04, 2009
I expect arsenal to book passage tonight. I mean it just goes to show the strength of the english teams.
3 already through, with 2 games to spare
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by v3: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2009
@Edoyad

I and cristalz have discussed the "terms of agreement" so i'll officially unveil her/him as my latest acquisition

You're free to visit/take a look @ my forum. . .though it's still in it's early phase

http://www.phoenix.byethost11.com/

Whats a "stress fracture". . .Wenger has gotta be kidding me!!! grin shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by eyonigger(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2009
crizzle was this match played yesterday? You stated 3rd.
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by v3: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2009
@eyo
no mind d him/her grin , na butter-fingers syndrome dey do am grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by Cristalz(f): 10:58am On Nov 04, 2009
Mindeth me not o. . .guess my mind was just fixed on 3rd. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
lets just go out there and win tonite. as in WIN!!! as in beat somebody ehn!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by HNIC(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
Quick team news. . . . .
Samir Nasri to start! cool
Re: Arsenal Vs AZ Alkmaar [4 - 1] On Wednesday,4th November by HNIC(m): 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2009
same team against spurs except
eboue comes in for sagna
nasri in for bendtner
gibbs in for clichy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Look-a-like Of Christiano Ronaldo! See For Yourself... / Chelsea Loss To Man. City Not A Big Deal / Rooney's Gone Looney

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.