Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary (1130 Views)

Donald Trump Said He Takes Hydroxychloroquine To Prevent COVID-19 / I Didn’t Know My Lawyer Paid Prostitute $130,000, President Trump Says (photo) / Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by centvin008(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Republican president-elect Donald Trump has said he will not accept a salary for being president.

Questions have swirled concerning what'll happen to Trump's income in the wake of his winning the 2016 US presidential election, CBS News reported on Friday. 

Trump said at a September 17, 2015, event in Rochester, New Hampshire: 'The first thing I'm going to do is tell you that if I'm elected president, I'm accepting no salary, okay? That's not a big deal for me.'
Someone on Twitter asked Trump in a Q & A session, a video of which was posted on Trump's Twitter account on September 21, 2015: '@realDonaldTrump, will you forgo the presidential salary if elected?'

Trump answered: 'As far as the salary is concerned — I won't take even one dollar. I am totally giving up my salary if I become president.

In the same video, Trump said he was 'totally self-funding' his campaign and said that he 'won't take money other than the small stuff'.  
However, he later started fundraising for both himself and the Republican National Committee, Business Insider pointed out.

As of Friday, Forbes estimates that Trump's net worth is $3.7billion.

Herbert Hoover, who made millions of dollars in mining before becoming president in 1929, and John F. Kennedy, who came from a wealthy family and became president in 1961, both donated their presidential salaries to charity.

The US Code says on its website: 'The President shall receive in full for his services during the term for which he shall have been elected compensation in the aggregate amount of $400,000 a year, to be paid monthly, and in addition an expense allowance of $50,000 to assist in defraying expenses relating to or resulting from the discharge of his official duties.'

Lalasticlala
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3928978/I-won-t-one-dollar-Donald-Trump-said-NOT-accept-400-000-president-s-salary.html

1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by Edwinmason(m): 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2016
atleast something good about trump
Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by Tunami(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hmm dats gud. Hope Mr anti kwaruption is hearing what his counterpart from America is about to do?

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by phlamesG: 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
Trump the real O.B.O

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by dunkem21(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Trump will disappoint Zombies cheesy

But Trump check am na. . 10% of that money go fit sponsor Wailers mega end of year party grin
Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by NIGHTMAREOO7: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
God used this to distabilize afonja and their master boooharry
Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by inforesource: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2016
It seems you didn't read the post very well. Our president is not from a rich background, he is a poor man. Only rich kids who become president can forgo their salary.

Our Baba needs his to feed his cows.

Tunami:
Hmm dats gud. Hope Mr anti kwaruption is hearing what his counterpart from America is about to do?

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by dunkem21(m): 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
I have always championed calls for a successful businessman to take over affairs of this country. .

Repeatedly, Otunba Mike Adenuga has been shown to me.
Re: Donald Trump Has Said He Will NOT Accept The $400,000 President's Salary by KingRex1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Not like our politicians that only go in for the monetary benefits

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Close To Causing Revolution In Iran / President Of Guinea Physically Beats Up Minister For Embezzling COVID Funds / "Cannibal" Is On The Loose - Meet General Armageddon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.