Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Asset Vs Liability - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Asset Vs Liability (701 Views)

Limited Liability Company Incorporation / How I Registered My Private Limited Liability Company With Cac Online With 40k / Requirements For Incorporating A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asset Vs Liability by PreciousG1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 02, 2009
What investments in Nigeria do you think are assets or liabilities?

Is your house/building an asset or a liability? A lot of us cannot tell the difference between an asset and a liability in our investment choices and that is why, we make some wrong investment decisions.

I'll like us to list investments and categorize them into Assets and Liabilities with reasons.

Personally, I think a house or a building is both an asset and a liability. If you live in it, it is a liability because you'll spend money from your "pocket" on repairs and upgrades. If you don't live in it and it gives you a positive cash-flow, then it is an asset.

By positive cash-flow I mean after payment for repairs and upgrade, you still have some money left as "profit" from the rent.

Next time I'll list more assets and liabilities.
Re: Asset Vs Liability by PreciousG1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
Welcome again.

Today I'll like to talk about a liability that most of us like to acquire. We may be aware that it is a liability, but we are still compelled to acquire it. I'm talking about our cars or automobile.

It is always taking from your pocket and never putting anything back in it. Except you are using it for public transportation. Yes, it is a "necessity" and a liability.

But it can also be an asset. If you know how to make your money work for you and pay for your car expenses before tax, then it will help you make more money without taking it from your income after tax.

Good luck in figuring out how to make your car "not-a-liability."
Re: Asset Vs Liability by rexdmx(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
are you reading a lot of rich dad poor dad?

(1) (Reply)

Loss Of Property Is An Eye Opener / Fund Your Alertpay Account Or Make Alertpay Payments At The Cheapest Price / Corporate Sponsorship For A Youth-centred Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.