Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Bible Negate Original Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Negate Original Sin (779 Views)

Does Evolution Negate Design? / The Original Sin / Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2016
Concept of original sin is fundamentally flawed, skewed and fraudulent (2)

In the first part of this series, I had established the fact that, religious beliefs are founded on and thrives on the concept of "original sin".

Purpose of this piece is to expose this concept as a negative psychological tool, employed by the obscurantists of God idea, to hold humans bound to religious slavery. It's unfortunate, that the captives of religion, are unaware of the obscurantic mechanism that is at work.

If a God can make you accept eternal guilt consciousness, that results from a sin that is not connected to your personal irresponsibility, then you can be held forever at the mercy of such a God.

There's a principle in theology, this principle is the foundation on which the idea of the transcendency of God beyond the definition of good and evil is built. I paraphrase it as - "privileged revelation of an infinite God". By this principle, theologians says that there's nothing known or can be known, except that which God choose to reveal by himself, to whom he chooses, and at the time he chooses.

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

How does this relate to the concept of original sin?

The generational twist to the judgement of original sin, is also as unfounded as the alleged commission of the original sin.

1. Sin and its judgment is generational (first revelation of God on sin idea)

Exodus 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
Exodus 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the children's children, to the third and to the fourth generation.

2. Sin and its judgment is not generational (second revelation of God on sin idea)

Ezekiel 18:1 The word of the LORD came to me again, saying,
Ezekiel 18:2 What mean you, that you use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
Ezekiel 18:3 As I live, said the Lord GOD, you shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel.
Ezekiel 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.
Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sins, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be on him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be on him.

According to theologians again, if the second revelation on the same idea (sin) conflicts the first one, the second revelation, becomes Supreme, and automatically becomes the final word of God, on the idea.

Based on this principle, THE JUDGMENT OF ORIGINAL SIN CAN'T HAVE EFFECT BEYOND ADAM AND EVE.

Based on logic also, if two statements contradict each other on an idea, the two statements can't define the idea truly.

Haggai 2:9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, said the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, said the LORD of hosts.

The later/second revelation of God on sin/judgment idea, is greater than the former/first revelation.

Conclusion:
the generational imputation of the judgment of the original sin (eternal guilt consciousness), can't be established biblically. There's no biblical basis for guilt, therefore, there's is no need for forgiveness from any God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 5:36am On Nov 13, 2016
Concept of original sin is fundamentally flawed, skewed and fraudulent (1)

The concept of "eternal guilt" (original sin) is common to all religions of the world, although in a varied narration.

This concept is an unnecessary and destructive causative idea of psychological condition (eternal guilt consciousness), that must be prevented and cured, with doses of rational and critical thinking.

Using the textbook of one of the Abrahamic religions, the fundamentally flawed, skewed and fraudulent basis of original sin can be unravelled.

Though the book falsely claimed that God created man as a free moral being, but there's no evidence to back this up in the bible.

Free moral being, connote that man have innate sense of morality (the dichotomous of good and evil), as defined by the culture of the society the lives in.

*Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the middle of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

If man MUST not "eat" (acquire) the innate sense and ability to KNOW and DO good and evil, how is man a free moral being then? according to biblical claims.

The unjust and baseless imputation of guilt by God idea on man, can only occur in badly cast set of a fictional movie.

Assuming the story is practicable, the exercise of free will by Adam and Eve, is just an evolvement of man to be more like God.

Didn't God say:

*Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
*Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
×Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Since God himself is both good and evil personified and does both good and evil, while will he have to find man GUILTY for the reason that man only evolved to be like him. God himself said:

*Matthew 5:48 Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Man only perfected his free moral will, just as God himself. The action of God idea, that imputed guilt on man for this exercise of free will, can be likened to the judgment of Supreme Court judge on a young man who is INNOCENT of murder case.

Judgement: I hereby find you guilty of murder of "exercise of free will", you shall be shall be killed by electrocution, but this electrocution shall not be carried out until you turn 95 years old in the maximum prison, in case you die before then, your corpse shall be burnt to ashes. BUT, if you admit before me NOW, that you committed the murder, is shall set you free, as discharged and acquitted.

This you will say is ridiculous and irrational. That's exactly the meaning of the concept of original sin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by orunto27: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2016
Happy Sunday Akintom. Your Write up is actually for the whole world to respond to. However, please know that The Bible is nothing like the works of William Shakespeare or Wole Shoyinka. The Bible has been flogged from Centuries and now unfloggedable. In fact, it's The Bible that is now flogging humans and will continue to flog humans till the End of Time. God breathed Conscience(His Spirit Knowledge of Good and Bad),into Man, so that when Man knows Bad, like in Disobedience to eat "The Forbidden Fruit", you come to"The Precipice of Life". You can't go up and can't come down. You're at the Crossroads. You can't go right, left, straight ahead or backward. This is the concept, time and feeling of Guilt. The Privileged Revelation of an infinite God: 1, Instruction was given to Adam and Eve, Don't eat The Fruit and when you eat you disobey Me and you die 2, The 10 Commandments given through Moses. When you break any of them, you disobey God and the consequence is Death for the Guilt of Disobedience. And finally, 3, Jesus(God in Flesh and Blood) came and offered humans the way, the truth and the life to get out of our Precipice and Crossroads of Guilt. And This is Prayer, The Key and Solution to Guilt and to all feelings of such spirits. Prayers therefore, is "The Transcendence of God beyond the definition of good and bad(evil)".

1 Like

Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2016
I love this
kilo4sure, lordniklaus whats your opinion on this?
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by kilo4sure: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
The idea of original sin in western theology is slightly different from that of the orthodox.
Parents who have diseases may transmit same to their children. This is how l understand original sin, and not the elaborate theology of saint Augustine et al.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
kilo4sure:
The idea of original sin in western theology is slightly different from that of the orthodox.
Parents who have diseases may transmit same to their children. This is how l understand original sin, and not the elaborate theology of saint Augustine et al.
So u are saying the parents influence the children?
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
kilo4sure:

I have always emphasized the idealistic basis of religion. Just that it's terribly an evil idea, that needs to be effectively constrained.

Religion does no good to humanity. It rather infect human with all kinds of evils.
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

I have always emphasized the idealistic basis of religion. Just that it's terribly an evil idea, that needs to be effectively constrained.

Religion does no good to humanity. It rather infect human with all kinds of evils.
"Generalisations are seldom if ever true and are usually utterly inaccurate." - Agatha Christie
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

"Generalisations are seldom if ever true and are usually utterly inaccurate." - Agatha Christie

One good, brought about by religion will be sufficient.
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

One good, brought about by religion will be sufficient.
Gnosticism for example is harmless.
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

Gnosticism for example is harmless.

It's not harmless. In as much as the whole ideological concept of gnosticism is based on assumptions, abstractions and irrational imposition of rules that are of no unique benefits.
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

It's not harmless. In as much as the whole ideological concept of gnosticism is based on assumptions, abstractions and irrational imposition of rules that are of no unique benefits.

I dont want to discuss Gnosticism with you, especially with this attitude
But i'm satisfied that u know ur irrational claim has been disproved. wink
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

I dont want to discuss Gnosticism with you, especially with this attitude
But i'm satisfied that u know ur irrational claim has been disproved. wink

Irrational claim?

You will do well to explain, point by point how you have done that.
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

Irrational claim?

You will do well to explain, point by point how you have done that.
Baba, i no get time 4 dis.
I came to your thread because i like the points presented and i want to see relevant contributions.
So don't derail your own thread, and focus on the object of this thread, since u cant figure out what's irrational about ur claim after introducing Gnosticism
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by akintom(m): 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

Baba, i no get time 4 dis.
I came to your thread because i like the points presented and i want to see relevant contributions.
So don't derail your own thread, and focus on the object of this thread, since u cant figure out what's irrational about ur claim after introducing Gnosticism

Thanks
Re: Bible Negate Original Sin by 4kings: 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

Thanks
You are welcome Sir

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/17 / Eternity In Heaven, Hell Or Earth, Which Do You Prefer? / Message To All Nigerian By An Unknown Prophet (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.