Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Original Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Original Sin (1176 Views)

The Concept Of Free Will And Original Sin / Original Sin: The Conflict Between Catholic And Pentecostal. / Bible Negate Original Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
What is the original sin?

Can somebody explain this to me?
Re: The Original Sin by Aaronsrod: 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
MrPresident1:

DISOBEDIENCE. This is clear.
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
Aaronsrod:

DISOBEDIENCE. This is clear.

Explain please grin
Re: The Original Sin by sisisioge: 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
Lack of intelligence is the original sin...hallelujah!
Re: The Original Sin by Aaronsrod: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
MrPresident1:

Explain please grin

It is simple. No obedience=No protection from Gods Law. If we disobey Satan will take us.
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
I need more contributions on this topic, indepth contributions please. I want to understand what is meant by 'Original sin'.

OLAADEGBU, Petra1, Goodmuyis, your help is needed here...
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
There is no such thing as original sins (which is why Christ came down on earth, to break this cause and set us free from sins. All the hardship God allegedly placed on Adam, aren't we suffering it here in Nigeria because of Low GDP and HDI?...)

According to the book of Genesis (the only book that accounts for this), this happened 7000years ago when God was done with creation (in 7days) and Adam and Eve disobeyed him (original sin). So he placed eternal curses on them.

Now something doesn't add up here. A simple Google search will tell you that the earth is 4.543 billions years (lord have mercy grin).

Is the world 10000years old?

No

how long has homo sapiens been here?

6 million years.

I have brought this issue up and some christian folks say I should take the book of Genesis literally. If Genesis is discarded, then bible is flawed, there is no original sin and Christ dying on cross signifies nothing. The word of God cannot be flawed, it is accurate and factual.

I serve a perfect God! #Deist
Re: The Original Sin by petra1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
MrPresident1:

But you said you're not a christian . It's a christian question . It has to do with fall of adam
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
petra1:

But you said you're not a christian . It's a christian question . It has to do with faklvof adam

I believe you have gotten me wrong. I am a CHRISTIAN.

However, I have no business with the organized religion called Christianity.

Please help with the question, what is the original sin?
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:
There is no such thing as original sins (which is why Christ came down on earth, to break this cause and set us free from sins. All the hardship God allegedly placed on Adam, aren't we suffering it here in Nigeria because of Low GDP and HDI?...)

According to the book of Genesis (the only book that accounts for this), this happened 7000years ago when God was done with creation (in 7days) and Adam and Eve disobeyed him (original sin). So he placed eternal curses on them.

Now something doesn't add up here. A simple Google search will tell you that the earth is 4.543 billions years (lord have mercy grin).

No

6 million years.

I have brought this issue up and some christian folks say I should take the book of Genesis literally. If Genesis is discarded, then bible is flawed, there is no original sin and Christ dying on cross signifies nothing. The word of God cannot be flawed, it is accurate and factual.

This is very interesting and enlightening. Truly, the earth is over 6billion years old, while the story of Adam and Eve is just about 6,000years old. The secret lies in the figurative interpretation of the Bible. All esoteric texts are written in arcane language, and need special keys to be decoded. For example, the writings of a consultant neurosurgeon or a Nuclear Physicist, would look like gibberish to the uninitiated/unlearned in that field.

The problem of our low GDP and HDI is biblical, Black people all over the world occupy the the lowest rung of every Human Development Index. How is this so?
Re: The Original Sin by MuttleyLaff: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
MrPresident1:
When Adam sinned, sin entered the world.
Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned

- Romans 5:12

Local adage will say ''ilu ti oni ofin, kosi ese''
loosely translated as '' a crime is non-existent and not committed until a law is broken''

Sin didnt enter the world until God's express and implicit command was broken (i.e. Romans 5:12, Genesis 3:3 and Genesis 3:6)
Now, it is this that is referred to as original sin, albeit there is a precursor to it

petra1:
But you said you're not a christian . It's a christian question.
It has to do with faklvof fault of adam

MrPresident1:
However, I have no business with the organized religion called Christianity
Would you call and consider yourself to be a nigger as well?

MrPresident1:
Answered and explained above
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
MrPresident1:

This is very interesting and enlightening. Truly, the earth is over 6billion years old, while the story of Adam and Eve is just about 6,000years old. The secret lies in the figurative interpretation of the Bible. All esoteric texts are written in arcane language, and need special keys to be decoded. For example, the writings of a consultant neurosurgeon or a Nuclear Physicist, would look like gibberish to the uninitiated/unlearned in that field.

The problem of our low GDP and HDI is biblical, Black people all over the world occupy the the lowest rung of every Human Development Index. How is this so?

Why would God chose to confuse people?

Everybody interprets that bible differently hence the confusion
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:

God is not confusing anyone, you find Him when you search for Him with your whole heart. When you want a BSc, you go to a university, if you want to know God, you have to search for Him.
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
MrPresident1:

God is not confusing anyone, you find Him when you search for Him with your whole heart. When you want a BSc, you go to a university, if you want to know God, you have to search for Him.

you are right.
Re: The Original Sin by MuttleyLaff: 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:
1+6=7 or 6+1=7
5+2=7 or 2+5=7
3+4=7 or 4+3=7
7+0=7 or 0+7=7
8-1=7 or 9-2=7
49/7=7 or 70/10=7
7x1=7 or 2x2+3=7
1+1+1+1+1+1+1=7
1+2+3+1=7 etcetera

7, is open to quite a number of interpretations depending on the capacity level

Until one drops dead, every day is a school day.
You live and learn. You learn something new every day

MrPresident1:
God is not confusing anyone, you find Him when you search for Him with your whole heart.
When you want a BSc, you go to a university, if you want to know God, you have to search for Him

onyenze123:
you are right
God is not a God of confusion
God takes no pleasure in confusing any who diligently search and seek Him
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
1+6=7 or 6+1=7
5+2=7 or 2+5=7
3+4=7 or 4+3=7
7+0=7 or 0+7=7
8-1=7 or 9-2=7
49/7=7 or 70/10=7
7x1=7 or 2x2+3=7
1+1+1+1+1+1+1=7
1+2+3+1=7 etcetera

7, is open to quite a number of interpretations depending on the capacity level

Until one drops dead, every day is a school day.
You live and learn. You learn something new every day

God is not a God of confusion
God takes no pleasure in confusing any who diligently search and seek Him

well, The Christian God confuses me
Re: The Original Sin by Niflheim(m): 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
@op,

The Original Sin(Greek version)---Giving fire of the Elite(gods) to the masses!!!

Original Sin(Scientific version)----Christians eating grass like goats!!!

Original Sin(Ku Klux version)----White woman sleeping with black man.

Original Sin(Christian version)----Trying to become intelligent by reading books
Re: The Original Sin by MuttleyLaff: 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:
Well, The Christian God confuses me
The Christian God confuses you, right?
Christian God confuses, how is that not surprising
Re: The Original Sin by petra1(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
MrPresident1:

However, I have no business with the organized religion called Christianity.

I answered already . It makes reference to the fall of man through Adamic sin.
Re: The Original Sin by petra1(m): 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
onyenze123:

No

6 million years.

The Bible didn't deny the fact that the earth is nillions of years old and that the story of genesis is just about 7000 years. The original sin for our race is linked to Adam . Other generation had their own sin
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
petra1:

The Bible didn't deny the fact that the earth is nillions of years old and that the story of genesis is just about 7000 years. The original dun for our race is linked to Adam . Other generation had their own sin

You mean Adam wasn't the first man as written in Genesis?
Re: The Original Sin by MuttleyLaff: 7:48am On May 01, 2017
petra1:
The Bible didn't deny the fact that the earth is nillions of years old and that the story of genesis is just about 7000 years.
The original dun for our race is linked to Adam. Other generation had their own sin

onyenze123:
After Adam as a parent template, commited the original sin,
new human beings created after Adam have defects or flaws inherited due and from the ''disobedience'' original mistake or sin
Subsequently other generations soon started missing the mark, hitting the wrong mark thus sinning
(e.g. murder, adultery, incest, stealing, idolatry etcetera)
Re: The Original Sin by Nobody: 7:55am On May 01, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

After Adam as a parent template, commited the original sin,
new human beings created after Adam have defects or flaws inherited due and from the ''disobedience'' original mistake or sin
Subsequently other generations soon started missing the mark, hitting the wrong mark thus sinning
(e.g. murder, adultery, incest, stealing, idolatry etcetera)

Adam wasn't the first man
Re: The Original Sin by petra1(m): 8:36am On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:

There is a long gap between genesis 1:1 and genesis 1:2 it's a gap of millions of years or more . God didn't creat the earth empty . The earth became empty . He created a whole civilization and social system . That world was ruled by lucifer . He led people on earth in the first rebellion and the world was destroyed . That led to genesis 1:2.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens;
God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it,
he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:

The verses below showed how the earth became empty

Jeremiah 4:23-26
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;
and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled,
and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man,
and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness,
and all the cities thereof were broken down
at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

1 Like

Re: The Original Sin by MuttleyLaff: 8:45am On May 01, 2017
onyenze123:
Adam wasn't the first man
Adam was the first man of his kind
and that Adam's kind is homo sapiens
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
There is no such sin as the original sin.

Adam or the leadership of Israel and Eve or the masses or people of Israel, Negroes, partook out of the forbidden fruit, idolatry, and became utterly depraved and corrupted, so God sent them out of Eden, that is the pleasant land, the land of Israel and its environs in the middle east, like King Nebu they were devolved along with their dispersal, they lost their crown and their senses.

They have continued to reincarnate in their depraved state until their sin is fully paid for, as Daniel said, to finish the trangression.

When their sin is fully paid, their eyes will be opened again, and their wisdom will be restored back to them, and their throne will be given back to them.

This is what Netanyahu meant when he said Israel is returning back to Africa in a big way
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Who is Adam, and Eve?
Adam means leaders
Eve mean followers

Leaders and followers make up a society, and we all are their children.

The whole society got corrupted due to idolatry, it became a snare and it trapped them. God sent them many prophets to show them the way out of the trap, but they were unwilling and obstinate, they were content in their depravity, they refused to repent, it is the way of idolaters, idolatry keeps you firmly locked down with satan, only the grace of God can save you. He gave them His grace many times, but they were stubborn.

Eventually, there was no more remedy, except the invocation of the clause of punishment in the covenant He signed with them.

He dispersed them and devolved them. Today thry are in darkness, oppressed and buffetted on every side, they are poor hungry and naked, they are the lowest on every comparable HDI on the planet, just like He told them they would, if they forsook His law.

Their carcasses is the meat of the birds of the air and the beasts of the field.

This is the story of the Negroes, the original Israelites of the Bible. And Ancient Egypt (Ham), and Assyria (Shem) Isaiah 19:25

But He has had mercy on them, He has redeemed them.

Praise God forever! Amen, and Amen, and Amen cool
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Adam was the first man of his kind
and that Adam's kind is homo sapiens

Yes, you are right that Adam was the first man of his kind. No, you are wrong that Adam was the [I]first Homo sapien[/I]

Adam was the FIRST MAN created in the IMAGE of God. He was the FIRST MAN to have access to the Word and Nature of God, this access made him a living soul. Adam was the FIRST man that God breathed into. They were all kinds of men, mankind, until the separation of Adam from the park. And Adam's mandate was to create more men in the image of God, to civilise mankind with the knowledge of God; the knowledge of God is civilisation.

Birds of the air, beasts of the field, cattle, serpent, creeping things, these are all kinds of men, mankind, that Adam was given the mandate to civilise, according to the command to go into the world and multiply.
Re: The Original Sin by MrPresident1: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
MrPresident1:
Who is Adam, and Eve?
Adam means leaders
Eve mean followers

Leaders and followers make up a society, and we all are their children.

The whole society got corrupted due to idolatry, it became a snare and it trapped them. God sent them many prophets to show them the way out of the trap, but they were unwilling and obstinate, they were content in their depravity, they refused to repent, it is the way of idolaters, idolatry keeps you firmly locked down with satan, only the grace of God can save you. He gave them His grace many times, but they were stubborn.

Eventually, there was no more remedy, except the invocation of the clause of punishment in the covenant He signed with them.

He dispersed them and devolved them. Today thry are in darkness, oppressed and buffetted on every side, they are poor hungry and naked, they are the lowest on every comparable HDI on the planet, just like He told them they would, if they forsook His law.

Their carcasses is the meat of the birds of the air and the beasts of the field.

This is the story of the Negroes, the original Israelites of the Bible. And Ancient Egypt (Ham), and Assyria (Shem) Isaiah 19:25

But He has had mercy on them, He has redeemed them.

Praise God forever! Amen, and Amen, and Amen cool

A great prophetic thread.
Glory to God forever and ever and ever, Amen

(1) (Reply)

The World Is Going To End In September - David Meade / This Is How Most Ethiopians Dress When They Go To Orthodox Churches / The TRUTH That Will Set You Free (john 8:32)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.