Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma (28843 Views)

Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Buhari Too Old To Rule Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by olowo1995(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2016
pls what concern all these yeye bishop with politics if interested in politics why dont you drop your bishop pastor and join this so called politics. oh now i understand, has the level of people paying tight decrease, or members ae nk bringing offering to the church anymore. Dont b if God is angry with Nigeria through PMB and u have d chance to living healthy, my man #think
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
aoshi:

missing the point mr. Oga. Buhari is the punishment or calamity as you put it, but calamity for what? Your sins, our sins.
The archbishop said until Nigerians change their ways towards God.
Embrace the truth and reality
[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 9:48am On Nov 13, 2016
[s]
RoyalinSanity:

you are as confused as your fake pastor.

he blames buhari for the mess we are in and went ahead to say God is punishing us? if God is punishing us why blame buhari or you expect buhari to go n fight God or sue him to court?

i think intentional stupidity is what is trending right now
[/s]

balderdash

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by walosky(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Modath, 2dugged, girlbestfriend abeg make una follow me enter the other room jare

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by bcashy: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin seriously seeking for recognition.........
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by obailala(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2016
Wasnt it this same Enugu PDP bishop that publicly accused and warned Rochas of engaging in anti-Igbo activities because Rochas expressed a wish to have senator Ekweremmadu (PDP-Igbo) replaced with Uwajumogu (APC-Igbo)?... And of course, he made the statement to a gleeful and concurring crowd of IPOb/anti-APC faithfuls.

Is this the sort of man of God one should be taking seriously?.... Reminds me of a line by Fela "archbishop na miliki, pope na enjoyment." Definitely, no one would want the miliki and enjoyment taken away from him.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by SmartMugu: 9:56am On Nov 13, 2016
Nigeria is one of the nations with the most number of churches and mosques, yet the same nation is one of the poorest. Are we saying all the pastors and imams can't all pray to save this nation? If that's impossible, what's the purpose of having men of God that can't save the masses?
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by kennies12(m): 9:58am On Nov 13, 2016
This supposed bishop, u are the owner of ur opinion. I understand every single man from the east is against buhari administration.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Igboid: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2016
To me,
Buhari’s government is a punishment, and caution to Nigerians. I think that God is trying to punish us, and at the same time caution us with the present administration, for our past recklessness and mistakes as a nation.

For some Unknown reasons. The bravest and most daring of Ndiigbo always come from Anioma region. Chukwuma an Asaba man staying true to the truth, daring the consequences. Mbaka a SEner selling his soul for cheap popularity with this administration.

Bishop Chukwuma saying the truth. Buhari is a punishment to Nigerians for not saving during the bountiful days for rainy days.

2 Likes

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by layeenka(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2016
Jalubarika:
In as much as i don't like men of God who speak doom
However, on this Buhari it could be true.

Then it shows you are an hypocrite
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by AXYZ: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2016
blackpanda:

How can he condemn his benefactors Lol

You may need to Google the man. He has known wealth even before PDP Jonathan's ascendancy. He's always frank.

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by donchruzio(m): 10:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Rikidony:
Archbishop Emmanuel Chukwuma shares his thoughts on the state of the nation and expressed worries that except the right steps are taken by the present administration, to put the country on the right pedestal, the country’s woes would continue unabated. According to him, “all is not well at all, with Nigeria.

We must sound it: All is not well.
Nigeria has become a very difficult place for people to exist.

It is as if we are in captivity and we are looking forward to God’s deliverance…. In fact, Nigeria is in captivity under Buhari”.

In this interview, Chukwuma, who is the Anglican Archbishop of Enugu Ecclesiastical Province, while speaking on a number of other national issues, describes the idea of sale of national assets as shameful because, “when our forefathers acquired those assets, it was for us to build on them and not for us to sell off our birth right”.

And on ‘Wife in the Kitchen issue’, he said the President’s wife should be hailed because she, “…did not speak as a president’s wife but as an ordinary Nigerian who feels the bite of the prevailing harsh economic and socio-political situation on Nigerians.

What do you make of the current state of the Nigerian nation?

The current state of the nation is very bad, very hard, very, very much uncertain, and people are very much discouraged and living with uncertainty, given the state of the economy and the current biting economic recession.

People are really tired and confused about the present government. And one is, therefore, wandering where we are heading in this country.

It has become very difficult for the common man to make three square meals a day; and salaries are not enough to help workers to cope with the harsh economic realities. The income is getting minimal even as expenditure keeps rising by the day.

Also, the exchange rate has taken a disgraceful turn under a government that had proudly promised to make the naira equal or even stronger than the dollar.

What about the rising state of unemployment?

Many more of our graduates are still unemployed. Nothing is happening about that; it has all been wishful promises hence many of them indulge in crime, even as many workers are being relieved of their jobs. So, the situation has brought upon citizens, untold sadness and despondency. A look at our security is also nothing to write home about.

In some areas there have been increased cases of kidnapping while cases of armed robbery and terrorism have continued unabated in other areas.

However, we are grateful to God that some of the terrorists are surrendering their arms and embracing amnesty. But that notwithstanding, all is not well at all, with Nigeria. We must sound it: All is not well! Nigeria has become a very difficult place for people to exist.

It is as if we are in captivity; and we are looking forward to God’s deliverance. In fact, one can say that Nigeria is in captivity under Buhari’s administration. So, we are still praying to God to take us back to the promise land, and I know that He will deliver us.

Do you think that the change which the ruling party and Buhari had repeatedly promised Nigerians during their campaigns is still achievable by the present administration?

Well, it depends on what type of change they are trying to bring in.
I heard them promise that their version of change will manifest next year. However, the change that we see now is not a good version.

The change is of hardship and people are not comfortable at all. Right now, all I can say that is good about their sermon of change is that the situation is making Nigerians to change from their life of profligacy to prudence. To me,
Buhari’s government is a punishment, and caution to Nigerians. I think that God is trying to punish us, and at the same time caution us with the present administration, for our past recklessness and mistakes as a nation. That is why I said that it is a time of captivity – where God chose to put Nigeria into the kind of biblical captivity of Assyria and Babylon.

And until we repent from our sins, God may not rescue us. So, it is a time for everybody to repent, in their small corners, from life of wastage, wickedness and impunity; and begin to live a life of prudence, love and patriotism.

My understanding of the Change Begins with Me campaign is that Nigeria has come to a point where everybody should accept to begin to discipline themselves and adopt ways of righteousness and patriotism.

But sadly, as far as the Nigerian economy is concerned, we have only experienced evil change. We have not seen any good thing in our economy. There may be a change in attitude whereby people are now being more disciplined and cautious about indulging in impunity. That is all.

http://sunnewsonline.com/god-using-buhari-to-punish-nigerians-archbishop-chukwuma/

This is absolute nonsense , that is coming from man of GOD with such portfolio makes it laughable.

This is really crazy talks.

One think I know is... God can not punish us as the bishop have suggested , reason been that God is love and there are very good Christians in Nigeria to avert such judgement if God's yardstick for such judgement implies on availability of good Christians to say.

After all there were no 10 good Christians in sodom and Gomorrah hence its punishment by God but we have 10 Christians in Nigeria.... What is the man saying?

If we are suffering in Nigeria , it has nothing to do with God but our choices basically.

There are still honest people in Nigeria that are living above the current circumstances hence not " purnished by Bihari being the president of Nigeria"
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Slimvincent(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2016
201320142015ob:
Android phones can be so annoying. How do I explain it? I just received a notification that my Bible App needs update. Please what does the Bible need update for? Has Adam eaten another apple

U even find the BIBLE to be so special for you to even download it instead of downloading ur KORAN
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by noble2faith(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2016
I am fucking sick n tired of dis nigerian men of God. b4 buhari became president, “he is the messiah of Nigeria” as said by some men of God. After being elected, "God is using him to punish Nigeria"
angry
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by blackpanda: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2016
AXYZ:

You may need to Google the man. He has known wealth even before PDP Jonathan's ascendancy. He's always frank.

Which of Jonathan's co-looters werent rich before getting access to our treasury Still that didnt stop them!

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Werehkpe: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2016
I have stopped listening to Ibos! ALL they do is complain about Hausa's and northerners.

Thankfully, there are some that are not as myopic as the multitude.

I concluded that ANY Ibo that talks bad about Buhari is filled with HATE, BITTERNNESS and REVENGE - which was created during the civil war. The Ibos have have unforgiving spirits.

I thank God that most of the Ibos with this grudge and hatred for the Hausa are the old Ibos. The younger ones have a little bit more subtle impression. But Hatred is still in their genes and DNA. ALL Ibos need to be purges off this HATE, BITTERNESS, REVENGE AND GRUDGE
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by maasoap(m): 10:23am On Nov 13, 2016
Yes, of course. God is using Buhari to punish CAN because all slush funds that used to flow steadily to CAN under Jona has been blocked.
Thank pastor for saying the truth. grin
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Jidibia(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Noblesoul123:
Punish Nigerians for doing what? What offence did we commit
If you ask me who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by profhezekiah: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2016
A man of GOD? When d Bible says we should not condemn leaders
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by jaymichael(m): 10:30am On Nov 13, 2016
AntiWailer:
Ignorant Bishop.

They will not read wide and understand realities before misleading their followers.

God must be using Buhari to punish Egypt , Brazil and other nation in recession too

As sharing formula no dey for CAN's meeting again, The gods are angry.
And Venezuela, and Angola, even Saudi Arabia too. Maybe his "god" not my God.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 13, 2016
Though joe flopped big time, the nomad's performance is far below par!...with recovered loot/TSA proceeds/subsidy proceeds et.al, the current state of squalor appears PUNITIVE! #this is not the change i voted!!!
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by ORIGENAL(m): 11:25am On Nov 13, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s] the bishop said the gospel truth Buhari is a calamity
kiss the truth cool
gbam!! calamity to d higherst level

1 Like

Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by donshady(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
Who's that man self..?
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by DedeNkem: 11:40am On Nov 13, 2016
Your imaginary God must be a brutal psychopath to punish the whole country including children!
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by micmarvellous(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Men of God please be careful of your Utterances..

#ProudlyCatholic
I know right?, cos He's not a Catholic bishop or archbishop..
Christians tho!
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Origin(f): 11:53am On Nov 13, 2016
If you ate what is not yours and you are now vomiting it, THEN . God is using buhari to punish you.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by micmarvellous(m): 11:54am On Nov 13, 2016
Werehkpe:
I have stopped listening to Ibos! ALL they do is complain about Hausa's and northerners.

I concluded that ANY Ibo that talks bad about Buhari is filled with HATE, BITTERNNESS and REVENGE - which was created during the civil war. The Ibos have have unforgiving spirits.

I thank God that most of the Ibos with this grudge and hatred for the Hausa are the old Ibos. The younger ones have a little bit more subtle impression. But Hatred is still in their genes and DNA. ALL Ibos need to be purges off this HATE, BITTERNESS, REVENGE AND GRUDGE

And you've typed something worth reading yea?
Clap for yourself!
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Bollinger(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
the bishop said the gospel truth
Buhari is a calamity

kiss the truth cool

God is not using Buhari to punish it's citizens. Nigerians are punishing themselves for being s.tupid. You guys are just amazing. The fact is, Buhari is a psychological and social representation of Nigerians. You talk as if the guy just voted himself into power. People collectively vote for leaders who they envisage to be like them. If buhari is an illiterate, it is because Nigerians are mostly illiterate. If he is slow, it is because Nigerians are mostly slow. If he is a dullard, it is because Nigerians are collectively dull. Sometimes when you look at yourself in the mirror you might not like what you see.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by cocoduck: 12:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
Werehkpe:

Buhari is a failed man, he is an illiterate, he is God's punishment upon you bastards, I rejoice daily about the bad news coming out of the zoo called niggadom, during GEJ's period you prayed he failed, and now I am filled with hate because I am paying you back with your own coin, I am suddenly filled with hate, look, if giving you baggars a taste of your own medicine is hate, then I AM PROUD TO BE A HATER!
MAKE UNA PROGRESS NAA, MAKE I SEE. NDI ARA, LUNATICS EVERYWHERE.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by Youngzedd(m): 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
Time shall come when these church leaders will be flogged by the people.
Re: God Using Buhari To Punish Nigerians – Archbishop Chukwuma by cocoduck: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
Youngzedd:
Time shall come when these church leaders will be flogged by the people.
Did he lie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is The Catholic Church Always Used For Horror Movies? / Apostle Suleman Condemns Comedians That Joke About Jesus / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's Daughter Sophie Bags Masters Degree In Law At Atlanta. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.