Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? (1321 Views)

The New Ooni Of Ife Meet With OAU Sug President / Have A Chat With OAU Vice Chancellor(prof. Omole) / Someone Should Please Fill Me Up With Oau Fee Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Jarus(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
I have heard much about the beauty of the Ahmadu Bello University campus. I have heard much about the flowers. I have heard much about the sceneries. I have heard such debate as ABU being more beautiful than Ife.
So when I had the opportunity to visit the school a couple of months, my expectations were high. To my surprise, I was utterly disappointed. I thought I did not see the campus well, I was there again over the weekend on a private assignment.

To compare ABU with Ife in aesthetics is comparison abuse.
I finished from Ife and I dare say ABU campus is not half as beautiful as Ife. The structure are too old-school, the road network can't stand near Ife's, even the so-called flowers, Ife beats ABU hands down.

Like the Yoruba would say, eniti ko de oko baba elo mi rii lonso wipe oko baba ohun lotobiju(It is he who has not seen another man's farm that says his father's farm is the biggest). From what I saw, even Unilag is more beautiful than ABU.

In terms of size, of course, I cannot comment on that because I did not and cannot go round the campus, but I will rely on what I read on Wikipedia that ABU is the second largest University in Africa, so I will agree it is bigger than Ife, but to compare it with ABU in terms of aesthetics is an abuse of comparison.
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by lawrence83: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
For sure, great Ife stands out.
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by adebayo201: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
lawrence83:

For sure, great Ife stands out.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Witi(m): 7:19am On Nov 03, 2009
ABU is just a clear photocopy of Great Ife simple
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by bighead1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
and so what na the beauty we go chop
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2010
^^Abi O.
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Tunsbobo(m): 11:48am On Nov 30, 2010
Anybody who deems it fit to compare the greatness, aesthetism and the architectural perfection of OAU with the mediocrity and ugliness of ABU should have his/her head examined. Oau stands out among all universities in Nigeria and remains the best!
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by bejay1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2010
OAU which means Oba Awon Universities.(King of all universities) and will remains great forever.
Greatest Ife
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Jarus(m): 7:24am On Dec 01, 2010
Tunsbobo:

Anybody who deems it fit to compare the greatness, aesthetism and the architectural perfection of OAU with the mediocrity and ugliness of ABU should have his/her head examined. Oau stands out among all universities in Nigeria and remains the best!
Easy o. ABU is not bad o, in everything.
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Chartey(m): 11:24am On Dec 01, 2010
u guys must be sleeping or sumfn. abu has more beautiful structures than oau. oa
u ke?
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Olami099(m): 11:50am On Dec 01, 2010
chartey,leave dem make dem dey talk trash.eni ti oba ni iru eni ko le moyi eni
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by Rasulullah: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
A B U, here we come
Re: Who's Comparing ABU With OAU? by ccollins(m): 5:25am On Dec 02, 2010
Who told u OAU is da best.Visit convenant uni and see beautiful structures,lols.

(1) (Reply)

Nursery School Search In Surulere: Help / Oou Post Ume Result / Get 100% Sure Success In Ur Toefl,sat,gre,gmat,ielts:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.