Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture (8074 Views)

What Is Unique To Your Culture / What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by jaymantin(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
There are some of us that still like one or two things from our different cultural heritage that we are not ready to give away to civilization... I will like to know the positive aspect of your culture that you think can benefit the society at large if it is to accepted by all.

NB: please this is not about supremacy or ego, no one should be abused for his/her views
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
We dont have king

11 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Tastemoney(m): 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
The Igbo culture off apprenticeship...

15 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by 419forlife: 2:19am On Nov 14, 2016
The aspecting of trusting people even trust the devil.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Legitman22(m): 7:51am On Nov 14, 2016
The Igbo culture of New Yam Festival.

12 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
I like the culture in general- clothing, traditional wedding and folk tales

2 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by TINALETC3(f): 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by ritababe(f): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Edo,
Our Dressing.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by DesChyko: 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Lude in Ahiara, Ahiazu-Mbaise.

WHILE CIVILIZATION PREACHES MIND YOUR BUSINESS,

I love how the youths come out en masse undertake communual menial tasks like road repairs ,grave digging, e.t.c. It is considered awkward to have strangers to the lamd paid to do such.

I love our belief that 'Aku ruo ulo, a maata onye kpaara ya'. Irreapective of the wealth you're believed to have, if your compound shows no sign of it and none of your relations benefits from your bounty, you are still poor.

I love the way the elders accomodate the younger folk to ensure the passage of our rites and traditions. At every point, young people are allowed into such settings so that they can learn and discuss with their peers.

I like the way we take time to know ourselves and even foreigners inside and out. It may seem nosy but you never can tell when you will need vouching for.

Finally, I like the way we compete amongst ourselves: Age groups, Educational achievements and Resources are all avenues through which we measure up to each other so that collectively, we elevate our community level.

13 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Donlamzy(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tribal marks, even tho I no get
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by VickyRotex(f): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
Respect for elders. #Ikunle_ati_Idobale kiss

I was just telling someone yesterday, that I miss kneeling down to greet elders.

Danwo ni bibayi, dem go begin think sey you kolo. angry angry

PS: Owambe ov laive. My people too like Owambe. kiss kiss kiss

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by kidman96(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
1.The Igue Festival of the Binis

2.The absolute respect and regard every Bini man and woman have for the Oba Of Benin.
(During the burial rites of the late Oba of Benin,there was a day the Palace announced that no one should set fire to cook any food and I was surprised to see so the Binis obey. We all ate sardines,bread and butter etc. Till 5pm in the evening.
During the burial rites and coronation of the new Oba of Benin there was a ban on funerals and burial rites in Benin and people adhered.

I am so proud to be a Bini guy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Bisjosh(f): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
The way we show respect esp to elders cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by GudluckIBB(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Igue festival in Benin.

2 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Beety26(f): 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
The traditional marriage aspects of the Igbo culture cool

9 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Any girl caught Terminating Unwanted pregnancy will never marry single man.
Old men will be ur portion
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Thisis2raw(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
Am an Ikwerre man, here in Port Harcourt.
Few things I like about my culture.

1) we don't make love on bare floors
2) we don't train female door dogs (either way they disgusting to look at)

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
*Family oriented
We are very family oriented where I come from. Our men are born providers grin
The women are astute caregivers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by yeyeboi(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
EDO grin

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by RealJaneDoe: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
Edo dressing is the best

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by yeyeboi(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
ritababe:
Edo,
Our Dressing.

grin

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by mosho2good: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2016
yoruba because of their ladies that have a very big UKWU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by MidasTouche01(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
Yoruba....

Our sense of giving respect to whom respect is due... we so much belief in respect that even if I'm older than you by just a day, you must respect me..n

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
Family means Family is what i love about my culture ...there is wisdom and understanding and not just pretence for a benefit.

2 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Seunpaul01(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Everything about Yoruba culture.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Krystalzkris(f): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
the food and erigwara
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by winj: 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2016
marrying many wives
having more children than they can feed
believing in witchcraft and juju, god and religion without research
eating foods banned by world health organization
having unplanned children and then sending them to begging, street hawking and to other countries
allowing uneducated mediocre into office and then blaming them for the problems
bowing down for elderly persons just because they arrived earth before you
worshipping yeye pastors and chiefs who are remnants of primitive and uncivilized societies

the list goes on....what's not to love about 170 million people many of whom have the mental intelligence of monkeys?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by curatorX: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2016
Proudly Afrikaan!

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by curatorX: 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2016
PaperLace:
*Family oriented We are very family oriented were I come from. Our men are born providers grin The women are astute caregivers.
Gove me something, the careful giver! cool
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by DLondonboiy: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
an Edo person would love the sacrifice they put on every junction...*spits*

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How/why So Many People From Rivers State Have English Surnames / The Hamar People / African And African American Scientist/geniuses/inventors Thread :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.