Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture (8078 Views)

What Is Unique To Your Culture / What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Mujaheeeden: 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
kenonze:
Any girl caught Terminating Unwanted pregnancy will never marry single man.
Old men will be ur portion
Lies

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Ojugunrege(f): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
our swag...the language & the way we talk....gesticulate...

our dressing....I'm loving the agbada & the way it's currently being embraced even here in PHC cheesy

eyin temi....se wa? kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Adeyemi0(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
Yoruba.. RESPECT

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
Our food mehn! #proudeyenakwaibom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by zicoraads: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Tiv Swange dance cool

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by aalangel(f): 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
Food like African Salad, etc...apart from that, they have absolutely nothing else to offer.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Ohafia War Dance (Igbo: iri agha); I love those heaving chests and muscles grin..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by komek(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
Anioma way of dancing and also our ' Akwa Ocha". I love Akwa Ocha to the moon ..and our mothers and sisters are beginning to add swag to the dressing..
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by temhab(f): 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
I love everything about us
Proudly Ogun /Abeokuta

2 Likes

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by lilAZeeZ(m): 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
kanuri marriage an our traditional dance GANGAKURA
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Alexbrain(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
OWERRI
I love our soup "Ofe Owerri" with pounded yam.
I love our bongo music.
I love our beautiful woman and good looking men.
I love how we celebrate the arrival of a new born baby.
I love our traditional marriage ceremony, it is always joyful to apart take in it.
I love how we put "Nda" before the name who ever that is older as a sign of respect including our parents. This is specifically to NEKEDE people. And they say Igbos don't have respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Alexbrain(m): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
The Ohafia War Dance(Igbo: iri agha); I love those heaving chests and muscles grin..
Me too. And surprisingly that dance is difficult to perform bt really look simple and unique when done by the Ohafia people.
Proudly Igbo
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by matrixme(m): 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2016
The omoluwabi ethos. That is why the igbos cannot fully understand the Yoruba tribe. The omoluwabi ethos is embedded into every Yoruba person born from a good home. Prevents you from doing a lot of things. It's funny you can't really list all what it entails, as you just know.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by eshic(f): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
Igbo kinds of food,traditional attire,marriage and their democratic system of governance etc
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by eleshin(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
The language, fashion, social outings,Morality, religion .... Infact everything. I'm a proud Yoruba from the city of Lagos.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
I love our rich delicacies, cultural attires and our Chinese - like language #i rep Ibibio #proudlyAkwaCross

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by internetpo(m): 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2016
The Igbo food, traditional marriage and general pride regarding our heritage
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Mblem(m): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2016
1. our girls 2. our food 3. our traditional attire 4. our packages (dressing and swag) 5. our language 6. our hardworking attitude

......the list is endless. ######proudly Ibibio. Akwa Ibom state
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by cupidhero(m): 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
The Ohafia War Dance (Igbo: iri agha); I love those heaving chests and muscles grin..
grin
Ogo ndi ikom!
I love the ekpe dance and ito odu.
I love the culture of showing honor to great men when they die by bringing in their coffin through the roof of their house instead of passing it through the door.
Spartans got nothing on my ancestors.....while other African men were busy twerking...
Ohafia men were making war songs and sung wars with the drums they beat....drums weren't the only things that got beaten....their enemies hear am.
cool

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Sard(m): 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2016
winj:
marrying many wives
having more children than they can feed
believing in witchcraft and juju, god and religion without research
eating foods banned by world health organization
having unplanned children and then sending them to begging, street hawking and to other countries
allowing uneducated mediocre into office and then blaming them for the problems
bowing down for elderly persons just because they arrived earth before you
worshipping yeye pastors and chiefs who are remnants of primitive and uncivilized societies

the list goes on....what's not to love about 170 million people many of whom have the mental intelligence of monkeys?
Same trash y'all usually write here on Nairaland.
We've so many threads highlighting the negatives of Nigeria and Nigerians.. Go and express your damned opinion there.
For once, we're to say something positive about this country and her culture; if you've got none to say, kindly stay away from the thread! Is it too much to relax and say something positive?
Peace!

@Op.. I'm Yoruba, and I love the respect, and wedding traditions the most about my culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by holyfather(m): 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
winj:
marrying many wives
having more children than they can feed
believing in witchcraft and juju, god and religion without research
eating foods banned by world health organization
having unplanned children and then sending them to begging, street hawking and to other countries
allowing uneducated mediocre into office and then blaming them for the problems
bowing down for elderly persons just because they arrived earth before you
worshipping yeye pastors and chiefs who are remnants of primitive and uncivilized societies

the list goes on....what's not to love about 170 million people many of whom have the mental intelligence of monkeys?
You really think you're making sense huh.
Na only you waka come... Everyone else is "primitive and uncivilized"
Mstcheww
Smh for some kids.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by jaymantin(m): 11:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Naso, naturally built with original fufu and hardwork...don't mind those steroid users..nice one
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by jaymantin(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
cupidhero:

grin
Ogo ndi ikom!
I love the culture of showing honor to great men when they die by bringing in their coffin through the roof of their house instead of passing it through the door.
Spartans got nothing on my ancestors.....while other African men were busy twerking...
Ohafia men were making war songs and sung wars with the drums they beat....drums weren't the only things that got beaten....their enemies hear am.
cool
Those are way of life that makes u want to be a good person at all cost, not as we have today
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by jaymantin(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
Tastemoney:
The Igbo culture off apprenticeship...
I totally agree with you...it has and still helping a lot of Igbo's...
If only we all can take away our bigotted reasonings and inculcate the good sides of our culture...it will go a long way.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:01am On Nov 16, 2016
jaymantin:

Naso, naturally built with original fufu and hardwork...don't mind those steroid users..nice one
Hahahaha @ original fufu..

cupidhero:

grin
Ogo ndi ikom!
cool
One bottle of Alomo Bitters for you grin..

@ bold words, are you for real shocked?
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by lonelydora: 7:07am On Nov 16, 2016
The business acumen in our Igbo culture.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by olamickel(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2016
The language it self.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by humblemikel(f): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by humblemikel(f): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2016
OPS PLEASE WILL U SPONSOR MY TRIP THIS XMAS TO ALL PART OF NIGERIA
I REALLY NEED TO WITNESS ALL THIS THINGS I'M READING HERE
PROUDLY AKWAIBOMITE, THE HOME OF HOSPITALITY. tongue
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by Akbaba3310(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
jaymantin:
There are some of us that still like one or two things from our different cultural heritage that we are not ready to give away to civilization... I will like to know the positive aspect of your culture that you think can benefit the society at large if it is to accepted by all.

NB: please this is not about supremacy or ego, no one should be abused for his/her views

Who no go like their culture? It should have gone this way " what other culture outside yours do you think can benefit the society at large". For me sha "Swange and the Ohafia dance step are special". Food: (Edikainkon and Oha) The Fattening Room as practiced then is marvelous.
Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by cupidhero(m): 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Hahahaha @ original fufu..

One bottle of Alomo Bitters for you grin..

@ bold words, are you for real shocked?
Yes. Thats how my grandfather was buried. His coffin was brought in from the roof instead of the door.
Made a lil mistake in my earlier post.... it is "ite Odo" (pot of odo) and not ite odu.

1 Like

Re: What Aspect Do You Love About Your Culture by gregyboy(m): 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
I like d binis traditional food dat is egusi nd pounded yam make more sense wen cooked on occations

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know How/why So Many People From Rivers State Have English Surnames / Interprete This Emojis Into Yoruba Proverbs / The Deity We Call 'arobinagu" In Igbo And What He Represent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.