Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? (798 Views)

To The Elect Of God. / The Elect Lady / Who Are The People Trying To Deceive If Possible, Even The Elect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Obalende: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
A very sensitive topic in Christianity. Few pastors today will wish to take the hard core Calvinist position that Christ died for the elect ONLY. I take the view that the elect were foreordained to RECEIVE SALVATION AS A MUST & that through them the rest of the world hear and believe.

Hard core calvinist proponent quote verses such as:

",  to give knowledge of salvation to His people"
",  God chose you from the beginning, "
", , And He shall say to those on His Right Hand side,",  that they should proceed into their inheritance prepared for them before the world began.
",  He hath not appointed us to wrath but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ"
",  And as many as were ordained to eternal life believed"
"You are of your father the devil"

More neutral verses for the more netral position holders are: "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" Hard core Calvinists say that "the world" here means the elect in the world but I disagree. So what is your view?
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
This can be to anyone that chose to be part of it.
No one come to the father and will be casted away
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Obalende: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2009
"No man can come to me unless the Father who hath sent me draw him".

So it is the Spirit that draweth man to come.
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by ttalks(m): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
Obalende,were u able to read the articles in the link I provided?
How did you find them(that's if u've read them)?
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Obalende: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2009
Obalende,were u able to read the articles in the link I provided?
How did you find them(that's if u've read them)?
i tried to read them but the articles were too wordy - it was tending towards that God appointed some to heaven and others to hell which i disagree with strongly.; the guy has no authobiography so I dont give much credibility to such guys.
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Easypizzy(f): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2009
And he said unto them, Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by ttalks(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2009
Obalende:

i tried to read them but the articles were too wordy - it was tending towards that God appointed some to heaven and others to hell which i disagree with strongly.; the guy has no authobiography so I dont give much credibility to such guys.

Yeah, the articles are very lengthy(he himself attested to the fact that some of them were up to 40-50 pages as he wrote them).
But,really,if one has the time;they're worth taking time out to read.

As regards your disagreeing with what the articles were tending towards, I think u should check out his understanding or belief about hell.
Maybe then,u'll see reason to why some things are the way they are.
Re: Salvation For The Elect Only Or For All? by Obalende: 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
chrsitians, is salvation for all or for the elect only?

Some people say its only for the elect, the rest are damned.

(1) (Reply)

Its Supernatural With Sid Roth / Don't Starve Your Spirit! / Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.