Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Don't Starve Your Spirit! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Starve Your Spirit! (799 Views)

Which Christian Worship Song Up Lift's Your Spirit Most?? / Programe Your Spirit For Success- Pastor Chris / Your Spirit Will Produce What You Say - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Starve Your Spirit! by Joagbaje(m): 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby (.

Man is a spirit, and the human spirit feeds on the Word. Little wonder the words of Jesus in
Matthew 4:4: “, Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.”

To the one who’s born again, God’s Word is the essential
nourishment for spiritual growth and development. The more of it you take in, the faster you’ll grow spiritually and the quicker your faith will develop.

Our opening verse says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” Not to feed on the Word is to starve your spirit, which in
turn results in spiritual malnourishment that could make the body vulnerable to adversity and the attacks of the enemy. So, make the conscious effort to feed your spirit with God’s
Word; let your appetite for it be insatiable. Avail yourself the opportunity to consistently learn the Word of God, and esteem it more than your necessary food.

God’s Word is to your spirit what physical food is to your physical body. Thus, as you consciously and constantly feed your spirit with the Word, you’re energized from within!
Suddenly, you’ll observe changes in your soul, in your body and other areas of your life. Your mind will become productive, fruitful, renewed and filled with thoughts and
ideas of success and possibilities.

Confession
Dear Lord, your Word is food for my spirit; it’s the light by which I see, and the guiding lamp unto my feet! I take heed to your counsel and instructions today, for they are life unto me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Job 23:12
Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

1 Peter 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby
Re: Don't Starve Your Spirit! by Zikkyy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ Okay smiley
Re: Don't Starve Your Spirit! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
very good
Re: Don't Starve Your Spirit! by Tsammy: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2011
A starved Spirit has no direction, no illumination, so get the Word enough to feed the Spirit enough to get enough direction and illumination.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Bible Contradictory / Imagine A World Without Radical Islam / Your View On Chiftency Title: What Is The Bible Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.