Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

"Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism (1618 Views)

The Woman Who Birthed Modern Christian Pentecostalism / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ishiamu(m): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2016
We are now mentally lazy and our ability to reason scientifically has been incapacitated.

The Nigerian Pastor won't talk about Usain Bolt or Serena Williams.

The Nigerian pastor wont talk about Steve Jobs or the young people in Silicon Valley reshaping our world.

They won't talk about young American scientists spending endless hours in search of a cure to a disease that's predominantly in the Tropical African Region.

The Nigerian pastor won't talk about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie or Ben Okri. In every corner of the world, there exist young men and women who have defied all odds and become successful through hardwork, creativity and dedication... The Nigerian pastor wont talk about them......neither will he ask his members to emulate the spirit of these individuals.

He would rather talk about sister Agatha who got a job she WAS NOT THE MOST QUALIFIED FOR because she prayed and fasted in line with their church programme. Or Brother John who became a millionaire because he used all his salary as a seed in the church. Or Papa Miracle who he laid his hands on and 3 of his children got admission in the university Or Mama Esther paid her tithe and her business started growing everywhere across the nation......no business plan, just boom, everywhere.

This has led to a new breed of mentally lazy young people who now see God as a rewarder of mediocrity. To the Nigerian Pastor, the only way to prosper is by paying your tithe and sowing seeds in the church.

So they will never talk about those who have through hard-work and dedication placed themselves on the world map.

No......the Nigerian god only blesses the first 30 people that rush to the altar to drop N100,000 as seed.

The Nigerian god abhors hard work and creative thinking, He only gives to those who sow seeds and offerings......and those who shout "I am a millionaire" every morning and do nothing the rest of the day.

You want The Almighty to come down and help you use the talent He gave you and bless you because you are going to church to shout "Daddy, I receive it" You are all jokers.

Can someone tell these jokers that irrespective of your creed, faith or religion, blessings and favours follow you once you start using your talent and become useful to your society"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by sirfee(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2016
Correct guy,Africans are too religious with so many superstitious and fetish beliefs.They now worship their religious leaders,they belief in heresy neglecting and rejecting the real truth.I belief in God but I'm not religious and I don't go to church.You can call me a theist I don't care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Pastafarian: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2016
good one

1 Like

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by luckyz4rea(m): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2016
ishiamu:
We are now mentally lazy and our ability to reason scientifically has been incapacitated.

The Nigerian Pastor won't talk about Usain Bolt or Serena Williams.

The Nigerian pastor wont talk about Steve Jobs or the young people in Silicon Valley reshaping our world.

They won't talk about young American scientists spending endless hours in search of a cure to a disease that's predominantly in the Tropical African Region.

The Nigerian pastor won't talk about Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie or Ben Okri. In every corner of the world, there exist young men and women who have defied all odds and become successful through hardwork, creativity and dedication... The Nigerian pastor wont talk about them......neither will he ask his members to emulate the spirit of these individuals.

He would rather talk about sister Agatha who got a job she WAS NOT THE MOST QUALIFIED FOR because she prayed and fasted in line with their church programme. Or Brother John who became a millionaire because he used all his salary as a seed in the church. Or Papa Miracle who he laid his hands on and 3 of his children got admission in the university Or Mama Esther paid her tithe and her business started growing everywhere across the nation......no business plan, just boom, everywhere.

This has led to a new breed of mentally lazy young people who now see God as a rewarder of mediocrity. To the Nigerian Pastor, the only way to prosper is by paying your tithe and sowing seeds in the church.

So they will never talk about those who have through hard-work and dedication placed themselves on the world map.

No......the Nigerian god only blesses the first 30 people that rush to the altar to drop N100,000 as seed.

The Nigerian god abhors hard work and creative thinking, He only gives to those who sow seeds and offerings......and those who shout "I am a millionaire" every morning and do nothing the rest of the day.

You want The Almighty to come down and help you use the talent He gave you and bless you because you are going to church to shout "Daddy, I receive it" You are all jokers.

Can someone tell these jokers that irrespective of your creed, faith or religion, blessings and favours follow you once you start using your talent and become useful to your society"
I like and wholeheartedly appreciate your out of the box thought as a against the normal! But i will categorically say that it is not the church's business talking about Usain Bolt, Mark Zuckerberg or whoever!

Of course this people are a great success by the world's standard! But as long as God is not acknowledged and worked in and through these people their success is infinitesimal or zilch before God!

Pastors and co are really misleading people as you have rightly said not for the people's ake but for their own selfish whim!

There's no place in scripture where Jesus told believers and pointed at successful people who never accepted Him that we should follow or think creative or act successfully as they do in ignorance of Christ!

Emphatically, it is not the church's business talking about anything except to live totally and wholeheartedly for Jesus!

1 Like

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ishiamu(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2016
mynd44, seun, lalasticlala move this to FP for more opinion

cc hahn mizmycoli omenka
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Wilgrea7(m): 11:03am On Nov 14, 2016
OP is right to a large extent. most pastors won't talk about mahatma Ghandi or Albert Einstein or Muhammad ali and how they became what they were... simply because they are not followers of their religion.. i really wish people can see beyond the concept of religion and instead start seeing God as he really is
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2016
hmmm bitter truth.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2016
luckyz4rea:

I like and wholeheartedly appreciate your out of the box thought as a against the normal! But i will categorically say that it is not the church's business talking about Usain Bolt, Mark Zuckerberg or whoever!

Of course this people are a great success by the world's standard! But as long as God is not acknowledged and worked in and through these people their success is infinitesimal or zilch before God!

Pastors and co are really misleading people as you have rightly said not for the people's ake but for their own selfish whim!

There's no place in scripture where Jesus told believers and pointed at successful people who never accepted Him that we should follow or think creative or act successfully as they do in ignorance of Christ!

Emphatically, it is not the church's business talking about anything except to live totally and wholeheartedly for Jesus!
what do you mean by " do in ignorance of Christ"?
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by luckyz4rea(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
Babacele:
what do you mean by " do in ignorance of Christ"?

That Jesus is not acknowledged as the essence of existence and the ability behind every achievement!
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by hahn(m): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
luckyz4rea:

That Jesus is not acknowledged as the essence of existence and the ability behind every achievement!

Lol. You mean a Jew that could barely read or write and who's existence 2000 years ago is yet to be ascertained is behind your achievement?

undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ishiamu(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26,
Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland,
Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas,
tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel,
Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage,
Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001,
talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd,
princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja,
cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme,
vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas,
Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare,
iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine,
bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest,
Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever,
DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta,
ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab,
coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe,
Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar,
cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam,
Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101,
InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne,
Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki,
Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount,
whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman,
juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels,
An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek,
vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow,
ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla,
Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby,
mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36,
Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy,
majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre,
Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92,
izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony,
mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404,
byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever,
swagaholic, frehage, joshalpha, repogirl,
timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi, coltpython, fanficgirl, genea, serialgist, woodcook aressa, omenka/progressive01, modath, sarrki
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
Pathetic set of people. How does Christianity affect you.

What verse in the bible does it say that God only blesses the first 30 people to drop N100,000. Social media keeps giving audience to inconsequential rants by deluded people. Quote the bible verse that says it or forever hold your peace. Christ is our only standard, not any pastor.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ishiamu(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2016
ishiamu:
omobs, banmee, Nulasco, Vshock, pacino26,
Tobitrueman, pulsa, ucheokpara100, nairoland,
Eleniyan15, Pushas, richylee, Sirmuel1, Pushas,
tizblink, vickvilles, nabiz, sanyaboy, frajoe2reel,
Pedrop, ikbnice, Amusaopeyemi, Hage,
Naimolawale, Nulasco, achi4u, sweetyme001,
talk4free Guseh, TonyeBarcanista, Sarhyd,
princetigris, kuuljay, BiafranPrince, bet9ja,
cindybella101, AkpanUnanam, melodythatsme,
vickvilles, Milonis,
gensteejay, dadebayo1, csamii, Pushas,
Maduawuchukwu, MORNDEW, hardniola, Klare,
iamDiabolic, dollyjuke, ceekanMgazine,
bank2k4real, Peezzy, Beamborla, bemyguest,
Penielme, yhemsy62, Nafizzey, faaiz4ever,
DDeliverer, Izonpikin, dollyjuke, adediranta,
ThundrCork,
jking001, freeze001, OmoAjowa7, leofab,
coolestdude01,
MaziOmenuko, signature2012, zeberebe,
Amberon, Teespice, freeage7, Almajiri1,
ArodeTsolaye, megawax8,
otokx, HIGHESTPOPORI, FoxyFlow, johnstar,
cromz, HemmanuelRichy, Gchimez, eunisam,
Nicholas007, Pushas, Bizibi, Obas101,
InformedLola, Reyginus, TheFreeOne,
Shininstar30, zibi5, jamace, dadebayo1, Okikiki,
Sagealveen, ucheokpara100, ElCount,
whirlwind7, Akeem1759, byrron, 400billionman,
juman,
newbornmacho, percyshelu, Yemidaniels,
An0nimus, sanandreas, Hisduchess, Thoniameek,
vickvilles, csamii,
AnonyNymous, harrysjones, adonshow,
ALAYORMII, Oyimeoyimemua, annnikky, Babzilla,
Revolva, harrysjones, raziboi, goldenruby,
mira4u, M4gunners, Klare, Alfred234, eddyj36,
Mhizdiva, banmee, ouigy99, francizy,
majekdom2, teeghurl, danwilliams4u, kayusre,
Blessedward, sixtus3606, Ymodulus, SnowJay92,
izzou,
niggi4life, sunnyside16, dmanj, Vickertony,
mrkayusfit, corruptboss, goddys,druboon404,
byrron, dadebayo1, snaketail22, faaiz4ever,
swagaholic, frehage, joshalpha, repogirl,
timilehin007, joeekuns, Enahi, coltpython, fanficgirl, genea, serialgist, woodcook aressa, omenka/progressive01, modath, sarrki

views please
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by izzou(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2016
Psalms 127:1

That's all I can contribute to this matter.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ikbnice(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
Religion was introduced to use in other to automate our backwardness in Africa. We are just too religious to make any meaningful impact in the world. We consider quest foe knowledge as being 'satanically' guided and may steer us away from God. Despite this, so called men of God obviously milk us everyday yet we ignorantly or stupidly believe they are doing the right thing as pertain to their calling. May God help us see with our brains.

1 Like

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2016
luckyz4rea:

by scientists or so called Christians? Let us reason from your perspective because you seem to be appropriating Christ which is impossible no matter the claim and the politics of owning this universal essence in form of a religion. Scientist, though too emperical, have promoted truth which is Christ more than the so called Christian fathers who forced a Galileo to drink hemlock for speaking the truth, another manifestation of Christ, about the shape of the earth. Or is it the modern day clergy that are nailing Christ to the cross daily by their deliberate complicated approaches to serving a ever easily accessible God? how do u acknowledge Christ essence and his being the ability behind all achievement? by mere speech or action? Christhood is a title for the highest stage of consciousness here on earth and which Jesus attained and which he consequently set as a standard to enter into the kingdom of God,
and not a deity as being promoted by the churches. Ain't wr misinterpreting the ' I am the way,the truth and Life and no one goes to the father except through me' injunction especially when placed with 'all must carry his cross' instruction from the master himself? Isn't those who do the will of the father rather those who shout his name shall enter his kingdom? Let us study the true Christ.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by luckyz4rea(m): 6:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Babacele:
by scientists or so called Christians? Let us reason from your perspective because you seem to be appropriating Christ which is impossible no matter the claim and the politics of owning this universal essence in form of a religion. Scientist, though too emperical, have promoted truth which is Christ more than the so called Christian fathers who forced a Galileo to drink hemlock for speaking the truth, another manifestation of Christ, about the shape of the earth. Or is it the modern day clergy that are nailing Christ to the cross daily by their deliberate complicated approaches to serving a ever easily accessible God? how do u acknowledge Christ essence and his being the ability behind all achievement? by mere speech or action? Christhood is a title for the highest stage of consciousness here on earth and which Jesus attained and which he consequently set as a standard to enter into the kingdom of God,
and not a deity as being promoted by the churches. Ain't wr misinterpreting the ' I am the way,the truth and Life and no one goes to the father except through me' injunction especially when placed with 'all must carry his cross' instruction from the master himself? Isn't those who do the will of the father rather those who shout his name shall enter his kingdom? Let us study the true Christ.

By your question i mean He is the beginning centre and end of every decision. It may not be literarily as this now but that is my greatest aspiration as it is in Phil 2:5-9. There's uniqueness and excellence in Christ in daily living. i desire to humble myself (to come to the end of myself) in obedience before Him to be used actively to solve life matters that will definitely not be mine but for others as done by Jesus and in so doing deliver people from the claws and jaws of sin to be united with Christ rather than the rule-keeping and unproductive life with no purpose!

Need I say that I'll only respond to inquisitive criticisms that will expose fallacy or heresy and that may end up enlightening anyone than respond to insultive or condemning comments!
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by otemanuduno: 6:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Don't blame the pastors, because they are the anointed men of yahweh(Satan). So what do you expect Satan to minister to them? Satan ministers deceit to them and they've got to minister the same deceit to their members.
I pity those who give all their lies and talents worshipping yahweh(Satan), the god of Yacob(deceiver)
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Sirmuel1(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2016
The people that brought religion to Africa, are even surprised at the way we practice it here, I keep saying this, if Jesus or Muhammed was a black man, no one will give a damn about them!

1 Like

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2016
luckyz4rea:

By your question i mean He is the beginning centre and end of every decision. It may not be literarily as this now but that is my greatest aspiration as it is in Phil 2:5-9. There's uniqueness and excellence in Christ in daily living. i desire to humble myself (to come to the end of myself) in obedience before Him to be used actively to solve life matters that will definitely not be mine but for others as done by Jesus and in so doing deliver people from the claws and jaws of sin to be united with Christ rather than the rule-keeping and unproductive life with no purpose!

Need I say that I'll only respond to inquisitive criticisms that will expose fallacy or heresy and that may end up enlightening anyone than respond to insultive or condemning comments!
no insults at all as you have provoked an awesome conversation that would emancipate our minds therefrom and make us learn about the real Christ that 'died' for the whole world. Your last post is very clear and unusually awesome n beautiful too,for you get such response from true mystics alone. I'm humbled please. May love that knoweth of no fear hallow us. Warmest regards.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2016
otemanuduno:
Don't blame the pastors, because they are the anointed men of yahweh(Satan). So what do you expect Satan to minister to them? Satan ministers deceit to them and they've got to minister the same deceit to their members.
I pity those who give all their lies and talents worshipping yahweh(Satan), the god of Yacob(deceiver)
I'm confused sir. The pastors maybe ignorant but.... Satan, YAHWEH? how sir? please educate us.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2016
ishiamu:

views please

A wise man once told me that one should work so hard as if everything depends on his sweat alone, & equally have faith in God knowing all good things come from him. I also have a lifelong philosophy that's says life is about 99% perspiration and only 1% inspiration.
Lao Russell equally said that God will work with us but not for us, and St Paul rightfully said that faith without good work is as good as dead.
The earlier Nigerians, and the entire African race as a whole realise that things are never going to change by mere praying, God would only crown efforts not sloth and mediocrity, the better for us all.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 9:36am On Nov 15, 2016
hahn:

Lol. You mean a Jew that could barely read or write and who's existence 2000 years ago is yet to be ascertained is behind your achievement?

undecided
sorry Jesus was highly educated and even today's standard , the best professors in our conventional universities are apprentice to him. He was an Essene an advanced sect that has determined most of the innovations you enjoy today. From mysticism, healing, philosophy, human management, theosophy, astrology, egyptology etc all the knowledge were made available to Jesus hence his saying that all power s on earth and in heaven had been given to him. im sure you are aware of the 3 wise men or magi who were present at his birth , his being taken to Egypt and the missing 25 years of his early life in the christain bible but which are well documented by his family. He spoke Greek fluently in his earthly presence which means he could only have been educated to be able to speak the then elite language. If you have any contrary facts, please let us learn from them.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by amicable09(f): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2016
otemanuduno:
Young man, excuse me please, who is Yahweh?

I feel like typing vernacular now to express the kind of shock this post of yours just threw me in!

Babacele see what you have made me to see o!
The god of Yacob kwa? The deceiver grin grin grin
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by luckyz4rea(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2016
Babacele:
no insults at all as you have provoked an awesome conversation that would emancipate our minds therefrom and make us learn about the real Christ that 'died' for the whole world. Your last post is very clear and unusually awesome n beautiful too,for you get such response from true mystics alone. I'm humbled please. May love that knoweth of no fear hallow us. Warmest regards.

Thank you! All glory to God! I'd gladly respond to all questions as the Lord helps me.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Babacele: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2016
amicable09:

Young man, excuse me please, who is Yahweh?

I feel like typing vernacular now to express the kind of shock this post of yours just threw me in!

Babacele see what you have made me to see o!
The god of Yacob kwa? The deceiver grin grin grin
oh my .....Ami dear trust me I think you are about to learn a new thing or teach sombori something 'new'. so sit and let us listen. I know you are doing great even if you couldn't go for your cousin's nuptials in PH.

1 Like

Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by rattlesnake(m): 11:53am On Nov 15, 2016
luckyz4rea:

u are not reading the Bible well....
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ishiamu(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
mynd44 lalasticlala seun do the needful please
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by luckyz4rea(m): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2016
rattlesnake:
u are not reading the Bible well....

Clapping for you that reads it more as seen in your comment!
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by BodyKiss(m): 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2016
Omudia:
Pathetic set of people. How does Christianity affect you.

What verse in the bible does it say that God only blesses the first 30 people to drop N100,000. Social media keeps giving audience to inconsequential rants by deluded people. Quote the bible verse that says it or forever hold your peace. Christ is our only standard, not any pastor.

This rant should be channeled towards those greedy Christian pastors who gratify themselves with this act.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by ujahfabian(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2021
Are you the author of this piece?

If yes, can you please share your email address?

Thank you.
Re: "Africa Is Currently Experiencing Another Form Of Slavery Through Pentecostalism by Samunique(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2021
@The OP.

The way you feel about something doesn't make it good or bad.

The way only way to determine whether something is good or bad is not by assumptions, feelings or personal opinions but realities.

Going by what you wrote in your post, it simply could mean that Christians are the less intelligent people, most unproductive, laziest and poorest etc.

But looking at the realities on ground, you're not right, though still have some points but, not enough to place the failure of a continent on penticostalism or Christianity.

In fact, you cannot stay far away from the church and determine what's going on there. Christians are one of most intelligent people on earth, hard working and productive and very successful.

The Bible is the best book, when it comes to being hard working and productive. "Faith without work is dead says the holy book !

Churches are not all about clapping and dancing, they have other things like, business seminars, skill acquisition programs, health enlightenment, enterprenuership programs and many others things.

Now, let me ask you this sincere question, is possible to count an hundred successful people in our world today without Christians or religious people?

If that's not possible, pls don't put the blame for the failure of an individual or a continent on a particular sect of Christian faith, it's irrational, bias, malicious, and nothing but an expression of personal opinion, bitterness and unwholesome perceptions born out of misunderstanding and, maybe hatred in most cases, not the true reflection of the realities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Incredible! Joshua Iginla Dashes A Destitute Woman Brand New House In Botswana / Is It A Sin For A Pastor And Christians To Do Plastic Surgery? / Photo Of A Child Made To Recreate Jesus' Crucifixion, Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.