Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. (748 Views)

Liz Anjorin ON Why She Left Christianity For Islam / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity / Ashura:Commemorating The Martyrdom Of Imam Hussain (as) in the Month of Muharram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
According to the dictionary a martyr is a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.

According to Islam a martyr is one that dies while fighting in the way of allah (my interpretation-fighting infidels) , while a Christian martyr is one that dies for refusing to renounce his or her religion.

Question: Who is a martyr between  these two groups?
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2009
Stop being a goon, the word 'martyr' was invented/founded by the christian, that is the English
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Frizy(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Abuzola

You still dey here. grin

Na wa.

Good to see your post.
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
what is the islamic word for martyr?
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shahid
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
Or shaheed, whichever the spelling
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2009
Please explain it to me. Don't use deception pls. You can cite examples too.
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
Explanation my foot, you already said it all, check ur first post
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
You sound a bit harsh, cuz of religion? Anyways, you said the word martyr was invented by christians, what do we then call those muslims that bomb theirselves in the middle-east? are they muslims martyrs who die while trying to spread the religion of peace while trying to kill?
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 4:43am On Nov 03, 2009
You can say that again, Even the word suicide bombing does not have a place in islam, suicide is forbidden in islam, According to the dictionary - suicide is the killing of oneself alone, but the nature of the bombing by the mujahidun is not to kill themself but rather use theirselves to inflict death on unbelilevers by sacrificing themselves to kill multitude of unbelievers, from the short explanation you will see that suicide is a different scenario compare to what they label the muslim, is just tantamount to a warrior who goes in the midst of the enemy and bravely slay a dozen of them and eventually get killed

The word shaheed in English does not Exist likewise the word for warrior who sacrifice themselves to inflict death to the enemy does not exist in English language. Hope you get it
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 6:39am On Nov 03, 2009
Is the killing of oneself and others islamic? That explain why some people loathe islam. They cannot come to term with this formula of spreading the faith when the people who they have killed have already died. Could it be that they do it because of the promise of al-janna. It looks like riding on the back of innocenyt people to obtain heaven. If that is the case, how can I then, become a Muslim. My heart is soft to the point I cry sometimes for sinners who have gone astray. I had to intercede in prayers for them that they may know the God that saves man from the burden of sin. What do think about those Christians who died refusing to denounce their the religion?
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2009
Have you even read the Quran, if you know what has been prepared to unbelievers you will never laugh again,

Islam is the true religion thats why the jews and christian are at front war with the muslim,

Question: who are suffering in Palestine, tell me the only state that remain occupied by its neighbouring country if not palestine, Benjamin Netanyahu Israel PM said they will never allow Palestinian develop its own army,

the Palestinian economy is controlled by Israel ranging from custom to airport down to monetary value

Israeli military are the one policing the west bank, imagine in a sovereign state

thousands of palestinian homes are being demolish and jewish settlement are built in the west bank and east jerusalem

Israel forcefully annexed Jerusalem as part of Israel in 1963 though no country gave recognition, home to muslim 3rd holiest shrine and most of its inhibitant are muslim

Israel has erected a barrier wall diving West bank and east jerusalem separating people from their families, farms and place of work,

i can go on and on, the genesis of the concurrent jihad which inshaAllah i will take part soon is as a result of the oppression and injustice, even Bin laden acknowledge it,
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by luvola(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2009
@ abu - y cant u start yur suicide bombing here in nig because 72virgins await u.i pity u if u der try it here .u wil learn frm boko haram sect leader leader because e is burning in hell right now
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2009
You must be stupid, Do you think muslims are that coward to just start massacring people for no reason, even if i want to start i will start with you, *hiss*
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by luvola(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2009
@ abuzombi - u ar a fool if u dont start yur jihad
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2009
You are a riff raff for comprehending ironically
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by muhsin(m): 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2009
Hey, dexmond, the confutionist? You still dey? wink
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Muhsin

I am not a confusionist. I don't think there is anything bad in investigating a religion to know whether it is from God or not. What if Islam is right afterall, then, I'm finished. Moreover, men have done the same to the bible but are yet to make any impression. Lets look more into the words of allah and his messenger and see if there is eternal life in it. cheesy
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by luvola(m): 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2009
allah is fake
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by Abuzola(m): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
Feeble brat, you can say that again
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
Allah the God of the Jews is the supreme God, while allah of Muhammad is a fake. Abuzola, what do you say about the perfect example in muhammad. While I was studying more of Islam, i noticed that a new word-thighing(not the way it is interpreted but the meaning of Anobi's actions). I know you know the meaning. Can you allow a 52 year old man to thigh your God-given six year old daughter. If you say yes, then you may be considered an incurable sinner, and if you say know, you are a very bad muslim who does not follow the sunnah of rasulillah.

God save Abuzola.
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by luvola(m): 11:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ abuzombi - wil u marry my 10yrs old sister ,
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by luvola(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ abuzombi - wil u marry my 10yrs old sister ,
Re: Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. by dexmond: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
@Luvola
please modify the word "abuzombi" thnks for your understanding

(1) (Reply)

30 Reason To Avoid Being Angry And Argumentative / From A Muslimah To Wahhabi/Salafi Extremists: Muslims Against Wahabism/Terrorism / Welcome To Our Two-in-one Nikah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.