Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria (49530 Views)

Dstv And Gotv To Broadcast Afrima Across Africa / Dstv Responds To A Customer Asking Why The Increase In Tariffs. (pics) / Gotv Increase In Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by cashmyles: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2016
They are in No way berra than GoTv
GoTv Ti Take over
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by willoski(m): 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
how on earth can Multichoice hold Nigeria and Nigerians hostage. Who gave them the right to monopolize this satellite shit in Nigeria. Instead of our law makers to make laws that will benefit Nigerians they're there planning to buy SUV'S worth 10 million naira each. May God help us

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
cashmyles:
GoTv Ti Take over
Gotv and DSTV are one and the same.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by daneni1(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
Well am not surprised, since Nigeria is their biggest turnover and highest sales. I think they are using a system call price discrimination in Nigerian market..
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
cashmyles:

GoTv Ti Take over
Please read it very well and modify your post
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Bgorgeous: 3:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
I Am not bothered because they won't dear
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by YhungPablo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
If dem increase Nigeria's bill.. then they ar ready to loose many customers in just 1 month
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by uvalued(m): 4:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
who cares.. i don do una decoder taitai ...i dey manage crappy startime will kick it to dstv history for free to air unlimited channels via strong decoder...dstv tongue tongue tongue
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
I have said it unlimited times without number that the only monopoly dstv has over other pay tv's is the English premier league. Let Startimes add English premier league to their boquet options and see how dstv will dissapear from Nigeria.
By the way I don't know why Startimes is delaying on achieving just that.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by wirelessfalcon(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2016
estyvino:
Where is my Startime sef!

That's why I dumped my Gotv and now rocking my Startimes. Got even NATGeo wild and now NATGeo channel. AMC Series IdX for crime. And other for just 2400 Naira. Now GoTv calls daily to ask me to hook up back. Imagine if 200,000 Nigerians dumped their day coder and dishes for just a month.
My people dem go suji... I tell u... Useless cheats.

Meanwhile enjoy Christmas extra on your bulk SMS. At www.falcontext.com

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by justmenoni: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2016
God bless you for this, why can't we even have an indigenous company that will provide unlimited and durable wireless service for the citizens, this way we won't even need to subscribe to the supposed dstv as we can watch and stream online for free.

thesicilian:
Is it by force to watch DSTV? I don't blame Multichoice. How can a nation as big as Nigeria not have its own digital satellite TV service to compete with DSTV? All we do is ship our currency abroad to purchase, without producing our own here.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by amanze15(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
TrapSoul:
Those mudaf*ckers they should leave our country

F.T.C finally
their biggest market grin i don't think so. we would still go to their and ask "please which bouquet has only africa magic and super sport 3N and 9N lol
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Abeg tell dem. Most Nigerians aren't smart enough can't they see that DStv lost more subscribers in those countries? They should follow their footstep instead of barking at least by the time DStv loose 500,000 customers like the way MTN is fighting to get her customers, they will seat up
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
this is good news to would be investors in pay satellite TV..... kwese TV was to start in Nigeria this November..they promised to air English premier league for free once you get the decoder...
I pray they see this news and come into Nigeria in the coming year.. then dstv is dead and buried...
strive mashiyiwa knows his onions and would give dstv a run for their money..
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Akaewu: 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Una go still pay....Na naija we dey.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by automatix: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
TrueHeart365:
all these so called Nigerian billionairs will not see this kind of opportunity to invest in this market.

na only oil and cement dem sabi. i don't blame multichoice sha. my decoder suppose still dey under that wardrobe. i just hope dust won't spoil it before they decide to reduce their subscription.

#boycottdstv
They want to add more channels. Just imagine. HOW many of those channels does an individual watch in a month? How many? it is not even up to 10, is it?

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by TrapSoul(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2016
amanze15:
their biggest market grin i don't think so. we would still go to their and ask "please which bouquet has only africa magic and super sport 3N and 9N lol
grin i swear they'll loose big time
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Sojebrand(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Dething:
DSTV premium =N13,900
converted to dollar by 460 per USD =$30.1

check the other countries you are talking about, convert their rate to dollar and see.

DSTV is a foreign company that remits her fund in dollars. When revenue from Nigeria is converted to dollar, it shrinks as against other African countries. So what should they do?

Please blam your government! 1 USD=#465 not a joke.

Everybody has to feel it!!
no vex o, I no say e don tey wen u sub or hear of premium amount, abeg try ask make u no. N16,140
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:
Is it by force to watch DSTV? I don't blame Multichoice. How can a nation as big as Nigeria not have its own digital satellite TV service to compete with DSTV? All we do is ship our currency abroad to purchase, without producing our own here.
gbam.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by HomeOfMe(f): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2016
DONMAYOR19:
Those mumu HOR members will not see this one now o, na our mmm them go see discuss. useless people.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by treasureunltd: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
Increase d subscription and lose the nigerian market!
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by OlujobaSamuel: 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
TrueHeart365:
all these so called Nigerian billionairs will not see this kind of opportunity to invest in this market.

na only oil and cement dem sabi. i don't blame multichoice sha. my decoder suppose still dey under that wardrobe. i just hope dust won't spoil it before they decide to reduce their subscription.

#boycottdstv
my bro dey use our own gotv adaptor plug as antenna for radio, we no even dey watch the tv again, not to mention the GO join, 2years now wey i don sub, i heard of one #400, na so i run make i try am, u no bliv sey na ait and nta be like 7 of 20channels? dose multichoice don madd
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by arsenal33: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
They take away german and french leagues and increase our fees.

only in nigeria.

AND THE NASS WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by FILEBE(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:

Bro! You said it all!

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by iliyande(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
Dething:
DSTV premium =N13,900
converted to dollar by 460 per USD =$30.1

check the other countries you are talking about, convert their rate to dollar and see.

DSTV is a foreign company that remits her fund in dollars. When revenue from Nigeria is converted to dollar, it shrinks as against other African countries. So what should they do?

Please blam your government! 1 USD=#465 not a joke.

Everybody has to feel it!!

Oga, if they can also reduce their subscription in Zimbabwe of all people with the weakest currency in the world, then I don't know what you saying.
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by rigarmortis: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
thesicilian:

Whether private or government is not the point. The point is, why can't Nigerians have their own?

the tribalism faqctor bro, SLOK is doing well overseas, but here, the people will rather patronise foreign, and the government will stiffle the life out of what is left with unfavoRABLE POLICIES, innoson motors is there, but poeple who cant even buy a car, new or second hand will kill it, just beacuse its not from their place.

now, lets say Mr wale, a visionary, does something like dstv, but cheap, chiemeka from port harcourt will say....this guy na oily stuff abeg, no be my brother, i go pay double for dstv, all these fake ppl.

therefore obinna from enugu will overhear...and think....yes...na fake....see as dem treat my uncle for alaba...he wont patronise.

and the idea will gently die......ofcos the legislooters are natural dullards and wont see the need for competition via policies
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Sike(m): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
Excluding Nigeria?!
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2016
THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA WE LIKE PATRONIZING ANYTHING FOREIGN HITV WAS FRUSTRATED OUT OF NIGERIAN MARKET BECAUSE SOME POLITICIANS HAD SPECIAL INTEREST WITH MULTICHOICE
thesicilian:
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2016
sebi there is free to air decoder, kini big deal?
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by inspbado(m): 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Thank God for my wise decision to buy an android tv box, i'm slowly cutting my dstv cord. All i need now is a correct 4g lte internet connection to make the job complete smiley

1 Like

Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Kylexy3000(m): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
Middle Finger... Phuck Them Foolz
Re: Dstv Slashes Cost Of Subscription Across Africa, Plans Increase In Nigeria by Acecube(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Not everybody knows. Strive Masiyiwa may never invest in Nigeria again...
why sir, really curious...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones Petition: Over 700, 000 Fans Want Season 8 Remade / BBNaija: The Kiss Between Bambam And Teddy A / Bbnaija: Khafi Wants To Be Evicted On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.