Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,201 members, 7,860,305 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:13 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (642093 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyinda3(f): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2009
go to ur doctor asap. ogini??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 7:24am On Jul 05, 2009
You're actually talking to me, yeah?
Thanks for the advice I guess.

I don't think the doctor will help me any more than they already have.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyinda3(f): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2009
why? lol

i mean go tell them to tape it 4 u if it needs taping. don't do that urself
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2009
I'll buy the tape from walgreens and watch one of those do-it-yourself videos on youtube or something.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyinda3(f): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2009
watch the videos first to know what kind of tape to buy n tape btw the joints

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itgoestoeleven/3424091110/
^lol see ur twin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by C2H5OH(f): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2009
Yeah very funny. Except I'm not pale or white.

Interestingly I've buddy-taped my finger like that before. It wasn't comfortable at all. Restricts so much of the normal, regular movements I would usually do with my fingers. I would do it again. Problem is, I don't feel that it is effective.

The buddy taping would also not work for the ligs torn on my left thumb.

Yeehow it's whateva. I'll leave it like that. Maybe one of these years when I go to Naija I can have it checked out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyinda3(f): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2009
ur going to wait for yrs b4 getting it treated? undecided why u don't trust doctors here. better do something abt ur fingers b4 . . .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dominique(f): 10:24am On Jul 05, 2009
@C2H5OH
how can you possibly be living with that kind of pain for months. . .its either you're one heck of a strong guy or just plain silly.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
Holiday time for me good people. Nigerians as a general rule dont seem to take holidays for some unknown reason. Health advice to all Nairalanders, take a week off at least once every 6 months where all you do is lie by the beach in some hotel and enjoy recreative activities. The life we have is too short to run around non stop.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by femaina(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2009
Aesculapius VN offers Project Management training to healthcare professionals interested in acquiring management skills to improve their efficiency and effectiveness in healthcare delivery.

Aesculapius VN training is designed to achieve the 35 hour mandatory training required to achieve the global PMP® certification by the PMI®. Expertise in Project Management knowledge, skills and methodologies acquired during the training is applicable in all industries and is widely recognized as the greatest catalyst for career change.

The Aesculapius VN training is based on the new PMBOK IV® and has been specially designed for professionals in the healthcare industry.
Project Management case studies from the healthcare industry will be treated during the training, also over 1000 questions comparable to PMP® examination questions will be treated during the training.

Participants will learn the 9 knowledge areas and the 5 process groups of the PMBOK IV®. Participants will also learn the new 42 processes (formerly 44) of PMBOK IV. Participants will also learn industry accepted standards and documentation of their work, learn communication skills, manage scarce resources while achieving their objectives and satisfying the customer.

Project Management Training helps in ;
1 Keeping focus on service delivery
2 Delineating clear authority and responsibility
3 Monitoring and improving processes
4 Achieving hospital improvement projects e.g. deploying IT systems, pharmacy systems, case management systems
5 Aligning business processes with strategic objectives
6 Achieving each project within constraints of time, cost and quality
7 Acquiring necessary skills in leading and managing teams

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2009
kingsaf, we try not to go for promotions for things on this particular thread. You may have noticed the docs here give advice for free and not any site promotions. Start a thread for your own promotions, others have!!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emeritus153: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
Doc in the house pls, help me wit my problem. I hv been strugglin with this headache 4 long period of time. Sometimes i thought i was suffering from hiv. I did many tests includin full blood count test but 2 no avail. Recently i did hiv screening at uch ibadan. The result read nt reacting to hiv screening. Now, my problem is dat my headache is stil there and recently rashes is comin out of my body. I need ur help!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingolaola: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
Baba Balogun.
What advice do you have for me on my dandruf
2. I use t have a severe and persistent pains at my right side of my stomach. The test confrim the the uric acid is too high. 7.2 please explain to me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by loretta(f): 10:17am On Jul 10, 2009
Hello Doc,

Please am a bit confused here. I saw my period on 31st May till 4th June. On 23rd of June it now came out and lasted till 26th and stop. It now came out again on 29 and 30th after making love on 29th morning. As it is now I dont know my ovulation period. Please I need ur assistance because I am trying to get pregnant.

Thanks.

Loretta.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by NubianQ(f): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2009
Hi Doc its been ages wink

I suffer from killer headaches and it’s so bad I can’t stand light and noise. My TV is turned down all the time, I had to completely reduce the brightness of my PC and TV and it hurts when my phone rings.

I am beginning to think it’s a migraine but I am not too sure. I am practically addicted to pain killers cuz I am popping them all day everyday. Nowadays I squint a lot. Any ideas on how to get rid of this thing, Does being a smoker have anything to do with it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2009
Loretta, important you relay your problems to our sister thread where Dr Kathy will deal with it expertly. That is the Doctor in the House:ObGyn
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2009
Emeritus153, headaches that are sudden or you dont normally get needs proper investigations. As an emergency physician, I always start by doing a CTScan of the head. If that is negative see a neurologist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2009
Kingolaola, as far as dandruff is concerned, proper medicated shampoo usually helps that. High uric acid can lead to uric acid stones in the kidneys. They sometimes don´t show up on xray. You might need a CT KUB. This could also cause gout affecting your joints usually the big toe
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2009
Long time NubianQ! Always exclude any other cause for headaches before labelling it migraine. If its something you have always suffered from then see your GP for appropriate medication. Most peoples headaches are from dehydration. We dont drink enough water as a rule
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
I think thats everybody covered. Back to the swimming pool and my bottle of well earned liquid refreshment grin wink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by VINDYLOMO(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2009
Hello Dr. balogun please I had an accident in 2005 and has been receiving treatment since then. though now better off in terms of pains. But about six month ago I discovered that my urine is foaming I complained to my Dr who ask if the foaming is accompanied with smelling which I said no, which he then said there is no problem. Pls Dr. what causes the foaming, what can do to stop it and is there any danger. please helpppppp
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by doctorfit(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2009
A great thanks to you doctor in the house. We realy welcome you to for your voluntry health advice. keep it up![color=#550000][/color] cheesy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2009
Dont seem to understand what you mean by foaming in your urine, vindylomo!!! As your own physician has seen it and not concerned I would probably leave it there.
Doctorfit, thanks for your support
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by manmustwac(m): 1:15am On Jul 12, 2009
Hi my name is frank i'm based in london and i'm asking this question on behalf of my girlfriends elder sister who are both based in nigeria. She had a fybroid operation in which 31 fybroids were removed from her body 3 weeks ago.
Since then she has not been able to eat properly whatever she eats comes out and theres a lot of gas in her body. So she was put on drip since she can't dijest properly.
Her lower abdomen is always paining her and she's always running temperture and always cold. Her condition is getting worse gradually and we fear the worst.
Since she's in Nigeria and Nigerian Doctors and Hospitals are not Western standards is there anything that these Doctors here are missing that you can let me know?
Your advice would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks. smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2009
manmustwac, your girlfriend´s sister needs to see someone competent! Dr Kathy might be able to shed light on to this. There must have been a perforation in the bowel after surgery or she has adhesions following surgery. Needs more investigations
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwawunmi(f): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2009
Good Day,

Pls i din't see my period since on the 8th and i did text on 11th ans there is nothin there up till day av not see anything
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2009
Are you having unprotected sex Oluwawunmi. If so have you done a pregnancy test. Most of this queries are best referred to Dr Kathy on the ObGyn thread of Doctor in the House
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ab1989: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
Doctor please i need the help of a Cardiologist can you refer me to one in ikeja area that is on private practice . i have irregular breathing which always shoot up my blood pressure often, this will not allow me to eat well and if i eat at all i will vommitt and i always feel tired if i walk short distance or do anything. Please help me doctor. I have gone to doctors but they only gave drugs that work some days after it will come again. My e mail is orelusimodupe@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pussydot(f): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2009
hello doctor please i need ur help seriously

at this junction i feel like killing myself

last year december i notice something like a sore around my genital area

went to see a pharmacy and she prescribe gloxin for me i took it and was ok

just after two weeks this thing came again and the sore was up to 6 in number and was painful if i touch it

i took gloxin[/b] again and it went off

not quite long like a week again this thing came up again then we were in febuary

this thing came re occurring and am getting feed up with my like cos i dont enjoy my genital area anymore and the fear of having another sore again is giving me psycological problem.

LAST WEEK AGAIN THIS THING RESURFACE AND WENT TO SEE THE PHARMACY HE GAVE ME LEVOTIL[b]
, AND THIS THING IS HERE AGAIN

HELP ME DOCTOR BEFORE I KILL MY SELF

I WISH TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Balogun(m): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
ab1989, I think what you need is a physician to diagnose whatever your problem is. How do you know your blood pressure goes up. Do you check it yourself. See a physician and let them take it from there. There might be a few docs who live and work in Ikeja area. I am based in Scotland so I can´t help you on that

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.