Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo (52235 Views)

Why You Must Get The Book OGBANJE By Dr Caséy Amaefule / The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee / Cups Of Coffee With Four (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by DTOBS(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
teel123:
Toks i just cant get u out of my mindam love u to d moon n. back. That Eky's answer.
grin
Or your own answer.. .?
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by rachealfst(f): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
I just love the chemistry between this two. I rep Toks. Thanks for the update Doc.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Sangarara: 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
Madam Pls. Give us our daily bread.
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Shakyroh320(f): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Lol. Thanks guys .will update later today
later today doctor,plz come and finish wat u started ooo,more wisdom,merry xmas ad prosperous new year to u
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by sampz: 12:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
wow...nice write up...can't wait for d next post
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by yusufibrahim(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nice work Bro very interesting more grace to u #respect
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Doc more update plsssssssssssssss
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 8:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
Soo busy but if you insist, I will post a paediatric sized update. Lol. Thanks guys
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ekanem is silent for a moment then replies with a soft voice "I just decided to find out if you had returned from your trip since I couldn't reach you via your phone.I was worried about your dad's health ".

Ekanem moves her gaze away from him and begins to fiddle with her phone.

Toks smiles and says "really ! Is that the only reason why you came? ".

"What do you really want from me?",Ekanem replies as he looks into his eyes .

" I want the truth", he says to her .

"Will it really make a difference ? "She replies hastily and stands up from the sofa.

Ekanem goes to a corner of the living room .She sees a painting which draws her attention and as she stares at the painting, Toks walks towards her.

He comes up behind her and places his right hand on her shoulder. He then whispers into her ear "Stop doing this to us ".

"Doing what ? ",Ekanem replies with a soft voice .

Toks turns her around to face him and says " stop delaying what is inevitable Ekanem ".

"I don't understand what you mean", she replies .

There's silence in the room. He looks at her with a straight face and says " stop lying to yourself,your mouth says things which are contrary to how you feel. Your eyes say it all ".

"Hmm", Ekanem says with a smile on her face.

"Can we go for a walk? ", Toks asks.

"Okay, I could do with some fresh air", she replies.

He leads her through the back door towards the garden .Ekanem admires the beautiful waterfront which has a jetty on their way to the garden.

They decide to sit on the wooden garden bench in order to rest their legs.

"What a nice garden you have got here" ,Ekanem says to Toks.

"Thanks dear", he replies.

She looks into his eyes and says" thank you for a lovely evening".

"Thank you too. It has been great having you by my side",he replies.

Ekanem smiles in return and places her head on his well toned arm.Toks takes her right hand in his left hand .

" I love you so much Ekanem", he says to her with a soft voice.

Ekanem tightens the hand grip and replies "I love you too".

" I want you to know that I would never take you for granted, I know how far you have gone in your career and how passionate you are about impacting knowledge on others.I love you too much to ask you to give up on what you have worked so hard to achieve all these years.I will never stop you from being the best you can be", Toks says to her.

Ekanem smiles but wonders in her heart if a but would follow his statement."Is he trying to give a reason for walking away from me?" ,she says to herself.

He gets up from his chair and stands in front of her .In less than 5 seconds, he brings out a ring from the pocket of his trouser.

"He gets down on one knee and whilst looking into her eyes he says to her " I may not have it all figured out darling, I may not be the best man out there but one is certain, I don't want to live without you by my side.
You brought me out of my misery when I heard that a certain lady which fit your description has been looking for me .Will you marry this guy who is crazy in love with you?" , Toks says to her with a soft voice.

Ekanem trying so hard to hold back the tears from her eyes as he spoke to her says to him with a smile on her face ,"No one has ever understood and loved me the way that you do.Yes!!! , I will marry you. I will be by your side as you face all your challenges and achieve your dreams".

He slips the ring into her finger and takes her into his arms. "You are so beautiful Ekanem" he says to her and kisses her gently on her cold lips.

To be continued

5 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by afolwalex20(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Haba.. This is too short nau
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
I will update the last post this nite, so busy .thanks
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by yusufibrahim(m): 9:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Good lovely weldone thanks for the update. More grace to u #respect

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by yusufibrahim(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
me dey seriously. Wait for am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 6:51am On Dec 24, 2016
Lol
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Cameoluv(f): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2016
So sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by rachealfst(f): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Thanks for your time. more strength in Jesus name.
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 10:14pm On Dec 24, 2016
I dey hail u oga d doc..Weldonin u oooooo
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MZmitchelle: 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
Well done Dr Ogoh smiley I c you
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MissRelly: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2016
gud morning everybody,doc. u are going good but u promise 2 give us d last post on 23rd but no show 2day is 27th still no show,i know dat u have a life outside NL but pls try 2 fulfill ur promise,am patiently waiting

2 Likes

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nasoooooo......me ma follow talkoooo.....abeg Oga d Doc

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Temtopy(f): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
wow am speechless. dis is awesome

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by donweasley(m): 6:48am On Dec 28, 2016
Nice writeup, still waiting oooo

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Sangarara: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Dr. Is all well with you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MissRelly: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
gud even everybody,chai doctor anytin wey i do u abeg 4give nd 4get biko update na*with tears in my eyes*am patiently waiting abeg no fall eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ekanem smiles in a shy manner when he releases her from his grip .
They spend a only a few more minutes in the garden because outside is too chilly for Ekanem.

As they walk back to the house, Toks says "I hope you like our house, are there any changes you would like ?.I want you to be comfortable whenever you are in Lagos " .

"It's a beautiful house. I doubt if I want to make any changes but you could take  me on a brief tour of the house" ,Ekanem replies.

Toks takes her into all the rooms on the ground floor. She admires the interior decor .The neatness of house makes her impressed as well.

Just as they are about to climb the stairs to see the rooms especially the master bedroom and the study Toks spoke to her about, he takes her into his arms again and says " I pray that someday , God willing ,this house will have kids playing everywhere .After a year of marriage though because I want you all to myself " ,he says to her with a smile.

Ekanem laughs and says "1 year indeed when you want me all to yourself. Let's see how it goes darling ".

Toks shows her the other rooms upstairs first before taking her to the study.

Ekanem's jaw drops when they get to the study." Wow! this looks like a modern study from a catalogue", Ekanem says in excitement.

" I know how much you love to read .I got an expert in interior designing to create a a place where you would write your research papers,study and prepare your lecture notes without interruption.I wanted to show you before taking you to meet my parents earlier on" he replies .

"This is too much Toks! . I love it ! ",Ekanem says as she walks across the room.

Toks walks up to where she is and takes her into his arms.

" I am glad that you love it" he says as he looks into her eyes .

" I love you so much Tochukwu. Thank you for believing in me ", she replies with a soft voice.

"I love you more darling. I have not been able to get you out of my mind since the first day I met you at the café" , he says to her as he strokes her hair.

They both go to the master bedroom and like the rest of the house, Ekanem is thrilled by the superb decor and space .

They discuss briefly in the house and Toks takes Ekanem to her house.

There's no sign of Chichi in the living room when they return. Ekanem goes to Chichi's bedroom to share the good news with her but she finds her sleeping soundly on her bed.

Ekanem makes a cup of tea for Toks and herself .They sit beside each other on the sofa watching an old movie.

Ekanem rests her head on his right shoulder. They must have dozed off for a while because they are unaware of Chichi's presence in the living room.

Chichi taps Ekanem gently on her shoulder. Ekanem smiles when she sees the mischievous smile on Chichi's face.

Ekanem excitedly flashes her engagement ring at Chichi. Toks wakes up coincidentally and sees Chichi smiling like a Cheshire cat.

"Hi "he says to Chichi as he gets up.

"Hi prince charming ! , I hope you are not leaving on my account?"Chichi replies .

"No! I have a meeting by 7 am and it's already 2 am",Toks replies with a smile.

He gives Ekanem a hug and says" I will call you later okay, try and have some rest ".

"Okay dear" , she replies .

Toks leaves the house hurriedly and drives off in his car.

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for your concern guys , I was a bit under the weather.
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by MissRelly: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
gud afternoon everybody,cum oo doc has updated,she heard our cry last 9t nd decided 2 wipe our tears away with dis post am so happy,thank u doctor,4 giving me d right medicine GOD BLESS U
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Ogodlovely1(f): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
Aaaaw , bless you too Miss Relly
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Ogodlovely1:
Thanks for your concern guys , I was a bit under the weather.
eyaah... try and swim to the top

1 Like

Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by liljboy(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
Toks shows her the OTHER ROOMS upstairs first before taking her to the study....... okay ooooo
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by harunablezin(f): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
👍👍👍👍
Re: The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo by Hurklan(m): 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
Aaarrrgghhh, next upd8 plz !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bound For Life / Finding Love / Lessons From The World's Ugliest Woman- Lizzie Velasquez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.