Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee (551 Views)

Coffee / Tea or coffee? / An Ode To Coffee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Carrot, The Egg, And The Coffee by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
So today at church, my Pastor told a story about the egg, carrot and coffee. I kind of liked it and thought I should share it, so here it goes.
A young lady payed a visit to her grandma's, after exchanging pleasantries the grandma asked her how life has been for her.In reply, the young lady started complaining about her marriage, job, finance and her life in general.All this while, her grandma was silently listening to her eventually she got up and went into the kitchen and the young lady followed her.She boiled a carrot, egg and some coffee in three different pots, her granddaughter looked confused, so she asked her grandma why she hasn't said anything.She replied by asking her granddaughter to put the pots down and take look at their contents and say what she saw,the young lady replied saying she saw hot coffee, boiled carrot and boiled egg."Good" said the grandma,"notice how soft the carrot has become, how hard the egg has become and how the water has been mix thoroughly with the coffee","yes" the young lady replied, "those are the three different reactions to any situation in life".
End of story cool grin grin
Now let me explain that; to every situation in this life humans are going to react in one of these three ways:-
1)React like the carrot i.e the situation softens you.
2)React like the egg i.e the situation makes tougher.
3)React like the coffee i.e you affect the situation.
To all the writing efikos in the house, criticize with mercy am not a writer just wanted to share this. wink cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"In Eight Months' Time" Weekly - 9 ( A Story Of Betrayal, Manipulation And Love) / Describing Things Within A Bush / Karma Is A Bitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.