Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. (8966 Views)

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / My Sad And Funny Lagos Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 15, 2016
Differents thoughts have been running through my mind on the eve of the d day.

I thought about the bus i will be in, to the people i will meet in the bus. My mind and brain was accumulated with beautiful experience i will encounter on my way to the most populous state in Nigeria.
Actually on 13th of November is the first day i'm going to lagos on my own, other times i went with private bus from school and we followed through epe to lagos island down to Eko hotels but today is different, as i will be the one taking care of myself and this time am going through mainland to island, so you can imagine my teething problems and fears as JJC.
So it all started as i went to Asaba from onitsha to board a bus going to lagos. Yes i went to Asaba cuz of cheap fare, winks.

Our journey started well, no disappointment from the car(the young shall grow), we reached Ore around 12pm.

Seriously the bus almost left me at Ore as i was busy buying banana, suya and drinks... Mehn i was really farmished.
We continued our journey though we witnessed traffic conjestion at berger abi beggar, passengers jst dy confuse me with names.

Finally i saw myself at mile 2 as the driver told me that i can get a cab going to island from there... Com see as i dy ask pple question... Em jst dy give me monosyllabic ansa... Nawaoo.

Eventually i took a bus down to CMS.. Thanks to the fearfully and wonderfully made Conductor wey con epp with direction.

When i was inside the bus, in my front was seated an old woman and a beautiful lady and i realized that in time, this beautiful girl will shed all the beauty and will eventually look like the old woman.. aaah, it's nt fair naaa, i had to take a picture of both of them.. No worry i will attach it here.

Immediately i stepped out from the bus, the first thing that caught my eyes was the big double clock that hung on a "church like" building.... Woow i shouted in my mind. It's nice gaaan

So i went to a woman selling gala, drinks, snacks and junks and asked her the direction to Eko hotels and suites, the ansa wey d woman gv me no be here oo.. U no dy greet person? Abi greeting no dy ur brain... Chuoo.. Me wey dy stranded go remember greet?

Finally oo she jst pointed to one direction and i followed it, crossed fly over and entered anoda bus to Eko hotels.

I reached there and my contact person said i should come to dover hotels in lekki phase 1. Imagine!!! Pity me now broda, where do i know in lagos that i will be suffering like this?... Shaa i ask around and i was directed to enter bus to "i dont really know".
Our journey to unknown (4 me) started and pia pia pia, conductor begin shout 4 me that i should come down here.. For God's sake, am just a cool, calm, no noise guy (if grammar dy like dat). Just then i stepped out and found my way to lekki phase one gate where i met bike pple and i asked one of them to take me to dover hotels and he said the amount is 300... Nawaoo inside small lekki na im u wan take 300 abi u wan carry me enter Atlantic shuoo. I jst managed to pay d 3h bt mehn e painnn me well, as i come down i noticed say the hotel can be trekked.. Mtcheww, i for use my leggedese benz locate am through my phone map naa, i believe say na my dialect mak the bike increase price for me...u never can tell shaa.

Finally, after all the whole waka na peninsula hotel i com sleep dat day, and as God may have it my main contact person from one of the top oil and gas firm called me and i was given my draft ( no ask me hw much) and conference materials which go com make my life sweet as i go flex myself eeeehh. To know book no be small thing joor bt 4 me na normal thing. Thanks to God and the good pple among the "hnmmm" ones that made my life easy in Lagos state... No man's land... Anyway the place fine shaa.... Winks.. Bye... Silverbird on my mind...

Re: My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 15, 2016
U get luck say Dem no tell u aahhhhhh enter here,folo here. U for heram.. Nice journey

Re: My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 15, 2016
Lol......you didn't experience Lagos madness at all...had it been you enter bus to go to A and they carry you to Z.... then you'll experience Lagos and Lagos sef will experience you..
Re: My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2016
smithsydny:
U get luck say Dem no tell u aahhhhhh enter here,folo here. U for heram.. Nice journey

I hear am tire bt i have to ask a lot of guys around
Re: My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 15, 2016
deeMarc:
Lol......you didn't experience Lagos madness at all...had it been you enter bus to go to A and they carry you to Z.... then you'll experience Lagos and Lagos sef will experience you..

Thanks to God my brother... Dat one for don piss me off like madt

(1) (Reply)

Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! / Stuck In Brazil / Photo Of Bad Road In U.K. Brings More Photos Of Bad Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.