Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Hypertension - Life Style Modification - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hypertension - Life Style Modification (375 Views)

Hypertension: Danger With Blood Pressure Machines / Change Of Life Style Has Really Change Me. / Post Translational Modification Glycosylation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hypertension - Life Style Modification by lekside11: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
These are the regimen that has been found to improve the general well being and cumulatively reduces the risk of developing diseases like hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidaemia, stroke, heart attack and heart failure.
Lifestyle modification has also been shown to delay the onset of hypertension and diabetes. People who are hypertensive or diabetic who follow this recommendation are likely going to be on lower doses of drugs compared to those who do not.

Low salt diet – People who take low levels of salt are less likely to develop hypertension. In fact reducing salt intake can reduce your BP by up to 8 mmHg. Recommended daily intake of sodium is 100mmol which is about 5-6 g of sodium chloride. This is equivalent to a teaspoon of salt per day. A practical approach is by gradually reducing the amount of salt you add to your meals till you get to the recommended quantity. Never add salt to an already cooked meal. Adding a lot of seasonings to meals also increase the total intake of salt.

read more on http://medicalinfosblog..com.ng/2016/11/hypertension-life-style-modification_15.html

CC: lalasticala, dominique front page please.

(1) (Reply)

High Blood Pressure: Now We Breaking The Rule There Is A Cure For High B.p / How Social Revolution Unfolded Human Existence / Please Help,i'm 16 But My Teeth Are Still Growing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.