Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Reasons For Unanswered Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons For Unanswered Prayers (702 Views)

8 Things You Should Know About Unanswered Prayers / Unanswered Prayers / I Feel Bad For My Unanswered Prayers ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by yommyuk: 6:01am On Nov 16, 2016
If our loving, omnipotent Father really does desire to meet His children’s needs, then why do some go unmet? Let’s look at a few key reasons why we may lack essentials.

WE DON’T ASK
If this seems elementary, it is. And yet it’s astonishing how many people fail to bring their concerns to God. Some say, “Oh, He has too much to do to worry about my little problems.” Nonsense! Our Father is a very personal God, who cares deeply about everything that affects His children. In fact, Matthew 10:30 says He even knows the number of hairs on our head. So of course we should share with Him the details of our life.

DOUBTING GOD
It’s a tragic mischaracterisation to go before the omnipotent, sovereign God of the universe and essentially say, “You aren’t big enough to handle my needs.” James 1:8 describes such a person as “double-minded” and “unstable.” When you approach God, do so knowing that He can meet your needs.

DON’T ASK SPECIFICALLY
At times we pray and pray about something; a particular emotional pain, perhaps without seeing any change. The reason may be that we are focusing on the symptom rather than the actual need. As you continue talking to the Lord about the situation, you may discover the root need is something you have not even considered.

The heavenly Father wants to meet all of your needs. If you cannot see Him acting on your behalf, be sure to take a critical look at yourself from His perspective. Then ask yourself, is it possible that I could be standing in the way of God’s intervention?

James 4:3
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Matthew 21:22
And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

James 1:6
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Matthew 7:7
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Mark 11:24
Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by StandingOvation: 6:04am On Nov 16, 2016
Sin can also lead to unanswered prayers... You want to know how dangerous sin is? Sin will cost you more than you are willing to pay, keep you more than you are willing to stay and take you farther than you are willing to go.

1 Like

Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by Amberon11: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2016
And you left out the most important - Sin.

The prayer of a sinner alone is an abomination to God. Meaning that God does not even hear the prayer of sinners.
Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by Pastafarian: 7:03am On Nov 16, 2016
And you left out the most important - the supposed saviour you're praying to may not exist?
Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by yommyuk: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
The actual category of people I am targeting with this post are the born again, Holy Spirit filled, mature Christians. The aim was to help in fine tuning our communication with God.

Everybody knows that sin is an hindrance to prayers
Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Another reason is

IGNORANCE:
Most times when we pray, we do not really understand what we are praying for. The problem with most Christians are...when they pray to God for something, they are always expecting God to answer them mysteriously or by miracle.....most times, God sends people like you to answer your prayer, not even angels... it may be in form of a message or information, and when you act on them, you just get what you asked for. God is a miracle worker, but he's not a magician. Sometimes what you need is just direction......and you ll find yourself at the right places.

PRIDE/ATTITUDE
This is a very critical part. Some pple can pray and fast for 40 days just for God to answer their request yet their attitude towards their neighbour is not worthy of being called a Christian.....you ll hear them say things like....I just hate that man, he thinks he's the only one that has money..I don't need your help, my God is able.....some will even say I can't be begging him, if he's not ready to help someone, God will bring someone else.......the list is endless... That type of attitude alone can send helpers away from you. Some pple are even ENEMY MAKING MACHINES....they are prayer warriors but can insult any living creature....pple like this may never stop fighting battles....because by the time you tell God to deliver you from your enemies, you have already produced fresh ones....and God is God....he will always deliver you..Bible says His hand is not short to save....he will always save you....and the end you ll never stop fighting and if you continue fighting, you can as well say, your prayers have not been answered yet...the answer is simple......change your attitude....Prov16:18 ...pride goes before a fall
The bible also says...my people perish for lack of knowledge....

Finally...........I reccomend 2 prayer points for everyone. Whenever you ask God for anything.add
1- let your will be done
2. Lord direct my path
May the Lord help us all
Re: Reasons For Unanswered Prayers by yommyuk: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
bodysoul:
Another reason is

IGNORANCE:
Most times when we pray, we do not really understand what we are praying for. The problem with most Christians are...when they pray to God for something, they are always expecting God to answer them mysteriously or by miracle.....most times, God sends people like you to answer your prayer, not even angels... it may be in form of a message or information, and when you act on them, you just get what you asked for. God is a miracle worker, but he's not a magician. Sometimes what you need is just direction......and you ll find yourself at the right places.

PRIDE/ATTITUDE
This is a very critical part. Some pple can pray and fast for 40 days just for God to answer their request yet their attitude towards their neighbour is not worthy of being called a Christian.....you ll hear them say things like....I just hate that man, he thinks he's the only one that has money..I don't need your help, my God is able.....some will even say I can't be begging him, if he's not ready to help someone, God will bring someone else.......the list is endless... That type of attitude alone can send helpers away from you. Some pple are even ENEMY MAKING MACHINES....they are prayer warriors but can insult any living creature....pple like this may never stop fighting battles....because by the time you tell God to deliver you from your enemies, you have already produced fresh ones....and God is God....he will always deliver you..Bible says His hand is not short to save....he will always save you....and the end you ll never stop fighting and if you continue fighting, you can as well say, your prayers have not been answered yet...the answer is simple......change your attitude....Prov16:18 ...pride goes before a fall
The bible also says...my people perish for lack of knowledge....

Finally...........I reccomend 2 prayer points for everyone. Whenever you ask God for anything.add
1- let your will be done
2. Lord direct my path

May the Lord help us all

I love the bold. God bless u wink

(1) (Reply)

Popular Lagos Pastor Cruises Around In Rolls Royce Phantom (photo) / 20 Top Richest Pastors In The World… See How Many Nigerian Pastors Made The List / Trinity From God Or Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.