Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) (50516 Views)

See Photos Of World’s Tallest Man With World’s Shortest Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by ogashman(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2016
looking at their dress...that is the traditional attire of the gbagyi people from abuja,Kaduna,Niger and nassarawa states.

1 Like

Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:

And why would I do that?

Yay! The Donald Trump curse has been lifted. cheesy
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
priceaction:
Many people don't know the extent our politicians, the rich, and the elites go through to get powers ,money and fame and yet they say nothing like witches and wizards. I was laughing when the owner of this forum always say witches and wizards don't exit. But I could remember that the time the oba of ota died few months back and there was curfew and rites imposed on the town from 9pm. To my amazement all the shops and offices closed early including nairaland office.
I wonder why he didn't wait for the ritualists and the priests to tell them that there is nothing like wizards and witches in what they are doing.
Then he should wait for the results. Cowards forming atheist.
Small small on him abeg..aimokan lo n se..
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Standing5(m): 7:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
priceaction:
Many people don't know the extent our politicians, the rich, and the elites go through to get powers ,money and fame and yet they say nothing like witches and wizards. I was laughing when the owner of this forum always say witches and wizards don't exit. But I could remember that the time the oba of ota died few months back and there was curfew and rites imposed on the town from 9pm. To my amazement all the shops and offices closed early including nairaland office.
I wonder why he didn't wait for the ritualists and the priests to tell them that there is nothing like wizards and witches in what they are doing.
ha ha ha . . .
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by wassade: 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
priceaction:

Punch on his face cheesy ;P
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by agrovick(m): 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
Fifty shades of unbelievable.
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Topmaike007(m): 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:
Somewhere in the land of the risen sun
I can see that u don't have what to say... Say na how igbo attire be dat.. Is it not pple from sarki dat use That attire
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Tobitrueman(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2016
HolyHero:
the guy wants 6 pack

Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by lastmessenger: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
edebemba:

That mortar is the type you see displayed along Lagos/lbadan expressway and around Shagamu. It is likely that this magical art took place in that location where kids are chained to logs for weeks without food as punishment for putting hand inside soup pot reserved only for madam.
chai see finishing
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by bahaushe1: 9:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Very common among ' Buzaye' of Nothern Nigeria and some parts of Niger Republic. Had fun watching it while growing up.
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
Haute:

Yay! The Donald Trump curse has been lifted. cheesy

I cast another one......
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by MayhorE(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
sebi na him wan marry
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by docmoses(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
priceaction:
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by hexy40: 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:
the dressing, the Mortar & Pestles... any of those looks like that of the igbos?
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:

I cast another one......
Just when I was about hugging you for being nice. I think I'll just hug an electric pole instead. cheesy
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
Haute:

Just when I was about hugging you for being nice. I think I'll just hug an electric pole instead. cheesy
Well.......that will not be a very clever idea but whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by dreamteam5: 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
this are gwari people. They do this for fun, i wonder why some people jst keep insulting themselfs here.
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:

Well.......that will not be a very clever idea but whatever rocks your boat.

Chai! What a cruel thing to say to a friend. You know what? I changed my mind, I'm hugging you; not the electric pole.

*hug* *hug* *hug*

Now you can't "unhug" me. tongue cheesy
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
Haute:

Chai! What a cruel thing to say to a friend. You know what? I changed my mind, I'm hugging you; not the electric pole.

*hug* *hug* *hug*

Now you can't "unhug" me. tongue cheesy
I am not heartless hugs are good for the soul
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:

I am not heartless hugs are good for the soul

I've been dying to hear the highlighted. Now I can stop fearing for my life and go to bed in peace. cheesy
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
Haute:

I've been dying to hear the highlighted. Now I can stop fearing for my life and go to bed in peace. cheesy
All sorts happen to people in their sleep ..
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Collins0609(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Men don suffer
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by ifeomaekol(f): 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
sarrki:
where in the land of the rising sun?
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:

All sorts happen to people in their sleep ..

OMG! Please don't go there. I need a good nights rest after a fruitful but stressful day. Don't rob me of that, Raine. Stop scaring me. cheesy
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by slimfresh(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2016
Jokerman:
The colour of the wrapper would define the ethnicity of these people.... cool. ...

Awon iya osogbo...
I don't mean to be a throll but your reasoning is extremely insipid..... So yourubas give that kinda scream? Play flute to such tune as did in the video?.... Stop making comments that will make people bash you instinctively, it's not a must you comment you could simply read through the coment instead of advertising to the whole world that you're a simpleton.
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Jokerman(m): 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
slimfresh:

I don't mean to be a throll but your reasoning is extremely insipid..... So yourubas give that kinda scream? Play flute to such tune as did in the video?.... Stop making comments that will make people bash you instinctively, it's not a must you comment you could simply read through the coment instead of advertising to the whole world that you're a simpleton.
tongue wink... oo dun... grin
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by mickool(m): 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pounding his destiny away..God!!pls help Africa to see light before the second and final coming of ur son, our savour Jesus Christ. Amen
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Haute:

OMG! Please don't go there. I need a good nights rest after a fruitful but stressful day. Don't rob me of that, Raine. Stop scaring me. cheesy
Too late ....I am all up in there oh wait that does not sound right

Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by piecesprince(m): 12:36am On Nov 17, 2016
am just passing by no comment
broseme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wom7lrnWBKA

What is going on here? Is this a kind of tradition or what? Pictured above are women using mortar and pestles on a man.

How safe is this?

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/photos-of-women-using-mortar-pestles-on.html
Re: Women Pound Food On A Man With Mortar & Pestles (Video, Photos) by ghost123: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2016
broseme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wom7lrnWBKA

What is going on here? Is this a kind of tradition or what? Pictured above are women using mortar and pestles on a man.

How safe is this?

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/photos-of-women-using-mortar-pestles-on.html

That us the gbagyi tribe and ethnic group from the northern part of nigeria... Dominating kaduna nassarawa abuja kogi and niger states... That act is a way of showing strength in a man it is performed during festivals and yam is what is actually being pounded in the mortar to make pounded yam. The tribe is one among few credited with cultivating the largest amount of yam tubers in nigeria.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbos And Yorubas: A Cultural Comparison. / Beautiful Igbo Names For Baby Boys And Girls / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.