Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Is NIPOST Cheating Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is NIPOST Cheating Me? (834 Views)

How Safe Is NIPOST? / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story! / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hello, I placed an order on Aliexpress and used my P. O. Box address as my collection point. But to my surprise when my goods arrived I got a call from a man who introduced himself as a dispatch rider

He opted to bring the goods to my address but I refused, I told him that I would prefer to pick it up at the post office. I delayed a bit but he kept calling and using his credit, he said he will wait for me until I came. All these extra mile he was going all because of my own property made me suspicious so I said he should simply drop my goods and leave it at the office but he said he would return it back to where the other location where he got it from, so I didn't say much again

When I got to the post office I met other staffs there, he was there too and he handed over my order to me. It was some necklaces o had ordered which was very light. He still demand for some money from me.

I have a feeling this money was to cover the cost of phone call and his effort. The money was not much but I didn't need the extra protocol, I usually pick up my stuff direct instead. How can I bypass such next time, is it even possible?
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Zdoh(m): 6:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Is a Nigeria normal way. You bettet keep comply.
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Zdoh:
Is a Nigeria normal way. You bettet keep comply.

So no way around it? Thanks all the same
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by zukky79: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2016
Next time you get a call from them, quickly let the person know that you will pick you package yourself, and that you don't have any money to give anybody. Put a little hostility in your voice. This will let them know that you are a "bad market".

Abeg, which bank card u dey use shop? And what's their exchange rate? My bank don stop online dollar transactions.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
zukky79:
Next time you get a call from them, quickly let the person know that you will pick you package yourself, and that you don't have any money to give anybody. Put a little hostility in your voice. This will let them know that you are a "bad market".

Abeg, which bank card u dey use shop? And what's their exchange rate? My bank don stop online dollar transactions.

I did but it didn't work.

Try online method e.g. PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Payoneer or if you are lucky to have a Gtb $$ account, you are good to go
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Im2Busy2Bother: 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
zukky79:

GTB ($100 limit per month) 320/$

ACCESS Visa Card ($200 limit per month) 325/$

UBA ( $100 limit per month) 320/$

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Im2Busy2Bother: 6:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

I did but it didn't work.

Try online method e.g. PayPal, Payza, Skrill, Payoneer or if you are lucky to have a Gtb $$ account, you are good to go

Tip the postal guys. Not too much. Be their friend. If they get to know you they won't be looking out to get anything from you

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Tip the postal guys. Not too much. Be their friend. If they get to know you they won't be looking out to get anything from you

I will definitely try this, thanks
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by warrenweste(m): 12:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Pidgin2:

I will definitely try this, thanks

The money they requested is the normal parcel clearance fee which is very much legal and yea if you reallly wana be getting tons of orders from them then tip them often,at times when am not around my postman keeps my order for me for weeks and even more than tha smiley

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by warrenweste(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

Which of their cards,i mean uba is it the africard or visa or mastercard ?
Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Im2Busy2Bother: 1:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
warrenweste:

Which of their cards,i mean uba is it the africard or visa or mastercard ?

I'm aware of MasterCard. I don't know if the others are applicable

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Cheating Me? by Macaulish(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Im2Busy2Bother:

ALL are NAIRAMASTERCARD or Preferable IF you have a Domiciliary Account.

FCMB too join, but I don'tknow their rate.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do With #500,000 / A 2weeks Professional Interior Design And Decoration Training / Gtbank Has Changed Their *737# Transaction Method!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.