Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Flash Fiction Entry - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flash Fiction Entry (423 Views)

Scared. A Flash Fiction / BELLA - A Flash Fiction Love Story / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flash Fiction Entry by Akposb(m): 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Father had just one decision to make but he couldn’t imagine the consequence that would follow even if he already knew the likely result. He couldn’t have dreamt of such a moment. He had three menacing men standing beside him in front of his car all in a lonely inter-state road surrounded by a thick forest. I was in the car with my younger brothers while my mum sobbed quietly in the front passenger seat. Father was still trying to negotiate with the men but its efforts so far were futile. After some time, he came to stand by the left hand side of the back passenger door.

‘’ Sir, we have no time’’ one of them barked.

Father stood up quietly and opened the door. He asked me to come down and I obeyed immediately. As if he was inspired by my prompt response, he led me to where the men were standing. I looked up at my father and could see that tears were almost coming out of his eyes. I was brought back from that momentary suspense into reality by the rough handling of one of the men.

‘’ Thanks for your cooperation’’ one of them said.

‘’ You can now go’’ another urged him on.

Without as much as a backward glance, father walked back to the car and drove away. I was too shocked to understand the fact that my father had just left me in the hands of total strangers. I was about to break into tears when one of the men bent down to face me.

‘’ Don’t cry now, you will soon be back home with your father’’ he said.

I shooed my fears into silence and followed them into the forest. It was two days after I saw my family again.
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=761
Please vote using that link. If you use an Android phone, use browser and tap on the blue icon to like through facebook. Please just try until the number increases.

(1) (Reply)

Poem Titled “life” By Balogun O.M / An Ode To Nepa / This Title Is Much.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.