Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

An Ode To Nepa - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Ode To Nepa (426 Views)

LIFE ( An Ode To Life) A Poem Written By The Award Winning G -the African L'yion / An Ode To 150CEFA By Godwin Henry Osaigbovo Pa Shakespeare / Poetry: Onile Gogoro (an Ode To The Skyscraper) - Rotimi Daramola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Ode To Nepa by Lightspeaksblog(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2017
Civilized or Uncivilized

Educated or Uneducated

Lekki or Opeki

Island or Mainland

Whatever you term yourself

We are all victims of one expression

UP NEPA!!

More like chants or chorus; it never dies

Since time immemorial.

After 30 secs. of undying chants from old & young; strong & feeble

The power gets interrupted (or in Lagos terms- NEPA takes the light)

Like the saying goes—

‘too many cooks spoil the broth’!

Faces turn gloomy

The woman that tried to garner charge on her phone has this disgusted look on her face that reads ‘oh Lord, deliver me from this country oo’

The Ibadan descent welder with his signature accent and his characteristic tribal marks, who was about to accord NEPA with accolades in his local parlance, let out a heavy-lasting sigh ‘ko ni da fun awon NEPA. ise ti mo fe se ba yi…ah olorun sa nu mi’

The glued-to-television kids who are pretentiously curious as to whether Maya Dela Rosa will accept Sir Richards proposal (which she should, based on logistics) are in turn frustrated, and in same vein, abuse NEPA ‘idiots, later you will see them with their flat yansh cutting peoples light’ …. [ if all these curses directed at NEPA hasn’t changed a thing or even, hasn’t added a single MegaWatt, why can’t we start blessing them when they take light…who knows things might change, just saying tho’ ]

It’s 5 days towards the end of the month, we’ve barely had light for 2 weeks, yet, able-bodied men, usually in groups of 3’s, kitted up in their ash overall with black leather boots and demeaning looks are seen across the street… please click the link to continue reading . Big love to all Nairalanders cc Seun lalasticlala https://lightspeaksblog./2017/04/09/my-nepamy-lagos-my-story/

(1) (Reply)

The Steel Jacketed Messenger Of Death. / Am The Reflection Of My Own Self. / Journey To Italy, Episode One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.