Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Grandma Cant See Or Walk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grandma Cant See Or Walk (787 Views)

Grandma Accidentally Buys Adult Book For 6-year-old / Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grandma Cant See Or Walk by mekstaniac(m): 7:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
I know sometimes life pushes us to have certain inhumane thoughts but then, everyone have their story to tell...

My Grandma who is abt 90 now cant walk or see. Few years back she woke up one morning and complained abt having pains on her legs. It kept getting worse and worse and about 3 years ago, she stopped walking and was confined to a chair. She's been carried around to do virtually almost everything but eating. All these while she had her sight. She was spending time in various relative's homes especially her kids. Some 5 months back, she was brought to PH from Anambra to stay with us a while. 2 months ago she started losing her sight and as I type this with tears in my eyes, she's gone blind.

She was always praying for her legs to com back from the dead and you know the story. Sometimes she tells God to take her life because she has become a burden to relatives. For about a week now its been worse. She keeps praying for death saying its unbearable not to walk and be in darkness all day long. Its really sad

Just had to share this. . .
Re: Grandma Cant See Or Walk by midolian(m): 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
The bringer of death is not deaf. Death will come soon. Do not worry
Re: Grandma Cant See Or Walk by dfrost: 6:19am On Nov 17, 2016
Whatever the case or outcome, enjoy her while she's still alive. Cherish every moment with her because those are the memories that will stick with you forever. My regards to granny.

1 Like

Re: Grandma Cant See Or Walk by tee59(f): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2016
I really pitied her condition, infact cry 4 her. Pls show her love and affection. Don't neglect her. Make her happy no mata d condition. Dose gud memories wil be remembered whn she has passed on.

1 Like

Re: Grandma Cant See Or Walk by TalentManager: 7:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
What's sad about this ? undecided I am happy for her that she's alive and on her behalf in all things I say give thanks .
Are you guys the only one ? Take each day one at a time and get a way to manage the new old age development or move her to a private care home . Why all this messy attitude and self pity write up ?My grandfather was blind too after 90 but withGod he was in a good spirit , please grow up .
I doubt you guys are believers

1 Like

Re: Grandma Cant See Or Walk by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2016
It is well with her. Since she still has her sense of hearing, if you are a Christian cheer her up by playing good old gospel music she can connect to, also read the bible to her often, help her grow spiritually so that you can be sure she will be in heaven when God eventually calls her. Be of God cheer, it is well with her

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Family Founded On Love Or Money? / ok / Does Family Background Really Affect One's Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.