Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 PM

Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos (1338 Views)

LASTMA Vehicle Falls While Chasing A Car From Onipanu To Maryland, Lagos (Video) / The New Look Of The Rehabilitated Independence Tunnel In Maryland, Lagos (Photos / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by patrickE1(m): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2016
I got my visa last week. From my interview, my destination is Baltimore, Maryland. From what I see from the airlines and their ticket fare, it is expensive to travel from Lagos to Baltimore. The best bargain I got is Lagos to New York.

As a 1st timer to America, my question is that, wouldn't it be an issue when I get to New York, and at the point of entry, I'm asked why did I fly directly to New york and not Baltimore as I said during the interview.

Please advice a brother.
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by kodyx(f): 2:35am On Nov 17, 2016
patrickE1:
I got my visa last week. From my interview, my destination is Baltimore, Maryland. From what I see from the airlines and their ticket fare, it is expensive to travel from Lagos to Baltimore. The best bargain I got is Lagos to New York.

As a 1st timer to America, my question is that, wouldn't it be an issue when I get to New York, and at the point of entry, I'm asked why did I fly directly to New york and not Baltimore as I said during the interview.

Please advice a brother.
It won't be an issue. when I applied,I said I was heading to new York, but ended up going to Houston and no questions were asked at poe and I have been to Houston twice and even had my visa renewed without smelling new york,which was my a seer to the vio.
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by kodyx(f): 2:37am On Nov 17, 2016
patrickE1:

Please advice a brother.
It won't be an issue. when I applied,I said I was heading to new York, but ended up going to Houston and no questions were asked at poe and I have been to Houston twice and even had my visa renewed without smelling new york,which was my initial answer to destination .
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by yale001(f): 2:57am On Nov 17, 2016
I'm a travel agent. Ordinarily, it shouldn't be an issue, but the rate of depotation at the point of entry these days is on the high side. I would advise you fly to Maryland you applied for. Then from Maryland Yi Can go wherever you like to go.
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by patrickE1(m): 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
kodyx:
It won't be an issue. when I applied,I said I was heading to new York, but ended up going to Houston and no questions were asked at poe and I have been to Houston twice and even had my visa renewed without smelling new york,which was my initial answer to destination .
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by patrickE1(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2016
Thanks sis. I appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by ekoboy: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
Shouldn't be an issue. also try the 2 airports in DC, IAD and DCA should have better rates than BWI and they are definitely closer than NY airports.
Re: Travelling To Baltimore, Maryland From Lagos by Canvisa: 5:09am On Nov 21, 2016
Hey there, it should not be an issue. When you get to JFK, if asked and only if asked, tell them you are heading to Baltimore via amtrak or greyhound. that way you show your confidence. if possible, book a Baltimore trip from JFK on the greyhound and show it to them. And if you are really going to NYC, you dont have to worry about what you said at the interview. Plans do change. if you have now changed your mind about going to B-more, then so be it. don't shwo any sign of nervous wreck. just go there and be honest. at the end of the day, they are human beings, but with a GUN grin

(1) (Reply)

Niger Bridge In Picture. / Lagos To Shaki / A Colleague Just Got Murdered Alongside Her 8 Year Old Daughter: Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.