Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living (6133 Views)

How Do I Resign From Npower Scheme? / Dear 2017 Beneficiaries, If You Know You Already Have A Job, Resign NOW. / N-Power: Why We Introduced The "Resign From Program" Button On Your Dashboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 17, 2016
Ghh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by lekkie073(m): 5:36am On Nov 17, 2016
am just curious to know which problem u solved da has no scientific proof

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 17, 2016
Lalasticlala, help me move this out of cooler na.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Jobsdome: 8:05am On Nov 17, 2016
Leaving when ovation is 'highest'

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Jobsdome:
Leaving when ovation is 'highest'

I don't understand what you mean by quoting the 'highest'.

I will keep winning arguments, cos this is my field. But they want me to look as a fool at all cost. Though, once they can't reach their goal of 'winning' me, sack is inevitable.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by SoNature(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2016
For me, this story is incomplete until you tell us the kinda job u do and what problem u solved.

Help us to help you...we no b witches and wizards to decode what actually happened. Good advice comes with better understanding of the situation.

On the other hand, using an insulting word like "daft" in the office is totally unacceptable.

Whether or not you finally quit, please stop using it in the office because such words are only allowed at the motor parks grin

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2016
SoNature:

For me, this story is incomplete until you tell us the kinda job u do and what problem u solved.

Help us to help you...we no b witches and wizards to decode what actually happened. Good advice comes with better understanding of the situation.

On the other hand, using an insulting word like "daft" in the office is totally unacceptable.

Whether or not you finally quit, please stop using it in the office because such words are only allowed at the motor parks grin

I will modify the post to include the full story because I have decided to quit. For using 'daft', that is the most appropriate word if you know what the person did. Please check the modified story back in 10 minutes time.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by lekkie073(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

I will modify the post to include the full story because I have decided to quit. For using 'daft', that is the most appropriate word if you know what the person did. Please check the modified story back in 10 minutes time.
oga ade...30mins don elapse......where is d modification

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Bujumbura(m): 10:15am On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

You want to resign and ride OKADA undecided

Are you from Benue or Kogi grin

Your case no be here at all

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2016
This will be interesting.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by sabichele: 10:31am On Nov 17, 2016
There are but better ways to absorb tension at place of work than trading offensive words. Mind you, no one is indispensable to any organization as it is now. Your major challenge is "ego" ; which has killed so many a great career.

There are officially polite ways to say someone is a daft than to be very raw at it! Haba! The person was mandated and authorized by the management to review your "not-proveable solution" and you resorted to calling the management's representative daft in your report to that same management? Mehn! Your case strong!

You can't experience a rosy moment all time long in any organization, but learn to enjoy and endure the thin and the fat moments while they last. Perhaps, i personally think you would be better off on your own because, even if you get another job, what makes you think similar incidence won't happen?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by TheNonce: 10:40am On Nov 17, 2016
grin

Nna men abeg just go buy helmet and crash gear........ride on!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by DrayZee: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

We are waiting oh..
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Emmysteve(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2016
What's that work you do that must be scientifically proven?
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by selch(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Incomplete story, what exactly do u do, how much are u paid,? Look if ur paid above 120k per month and ur thinking of becoming okada man, Hmmm all I can say is, come to ikorodu find river and wash ur head 7 times,,,,, cz e b lyk d whinch wey swear for u strong die!!! During dis era, u want to trow ur bread away and start, what? In fact where is ur mum,? She must hear this!!!! But do what ever makes u happy bro

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by freezyprinzy(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2016
I couldn't even read d post properly was roflol
This shit is funny mhen. grin

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by sabichele: 12:12pm On Nov 17, 2016
selch:
Incomplete story, what exactly do u do, how much are u paid,? Look if ur paid above 120k per month and ur thinking of becoming okada man, Hmmm all I can say is, come to ikorodu find river and wash ur head 7 times,,,,, cz e b lyk d whinch wey swear for u strong die!!! During dis era, u want to trow ur bread away and start, what? In fact where is ur mum,? She must hear this!!!! But do what ever makes u happy bro

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have die oooo cheesy grin
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Sirfrederick(m): 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
Keep fighting the good fight and do mind your words so they won't have anything against you. The Lord is your strength.

Invest 7.4k and make 36k in less than a week.
Check my signature for details
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Gbengageorge: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
I will advice you to think twice before leaving that job. Do you have the okada on ground, if you do, try using it to work on Saturdays and days that you are not at work. There are lots of graduate doing okada work but, will you be able to tolerate the insults on the street. Consider self development project like certification exams which can make more you employable and alternatively send your CV to other companies, you may be lucky to have one that will even pay you more. One last thing, if you have spare money like 100k or more, register with MMM and be collecting 30% or even more monthly, you will thank me later. I am a beneficiary, and my job is still going on one side. you can call me for more info 08067527794
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by cjeriia: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

Abeg wey d modified post naa. 4 hrs don pass already oooo
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by amicable09(f): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lol. This thread is just funny grin grin grin

OP, here's what I could deduce from your post. Correct me if I'm wrong...

* You're a dispatch rider
* You're so good at riding bikes that you now feel it's time you began riding for yourself (Being your own boss).

But, what is scientific about an okada Is it the repair? Are the parts of the bike from China? Did you use parts from Japan instead? grin

I'm sorry but whatever it is, resign if you have resorted to using foul language at your place of work. Better to resign than have them fire you. Or you could request for leave so as to clear your head for a few days, it may be stress.

Whatever you do next, stay out of trouble.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by 1runm0le(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
smiley
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by DrLee(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
Just thinking how a manager will want to resign to start riding bikes undecided the are different kinds of managers sha

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by elmisti(m): 2:54pm On Nov 17, 2016
amicable09:

* You're a dispatch rider grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
* You're so good at riding bikes that you now feel it's time you began riding for yourself (Being your own boss).

But, what is scientific about an okada Is it the repair? Are the parts of the bike from China? Did you use parts from Japan instead? grin

I'm sorry but whatever it is, resign if you have resorted to using foul language at your place of work. Better to resign than have them fire you. Or you could request for leave so as to clear your head for a few days, it may be stress.

lma0
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by amicable09(f): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2016
elmisti:

lma0
Lolz.
Abeg o! All those big grins are yours, not mine grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by DjAndroid: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
Flight07:

I will keep winning arguments, cos this is my field. But they want me to look as a fool at all cost. Though, once they can't reach their goal of 'winning' me, sack is inevitable.
that's why you have to bow out now that the ovation is still high.

Moreover, if you feel that okada business is more lucrative, go ahead with it, ignore what people might think about you.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Kayoski(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lalasticlala this one pass my power o..

The Story is just disjointed... I think its better you start the okada business and dont forget to use science to navigate through danfo drivers, fuel tanker and trailers...

Good luck
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by fm7070: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
leave their bloody fvcking job and move on with your life.
you will do better for yourself without them.
Nigerian youth is not and should not be treated as object of ridicule.
however, how far with their salary package.
It is tempting? if Yes, stay. If No, run commot
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by GreenBobo: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
For the records, you are totally 101% replaceable. Most people usually are. So don't get it twisted. It is understandable to feel good about oneself, but definitely not at the expense of another person (there are about 7 billion people on earth, more than 160 million people in Nigeria alone).
I cant seem to find what you solved that could not have been solved (conventionally or otherwise). I am not trying to belittle you, I am just stating the obvious, btw, I must commend your high self esteem and worth.

You have to be professional with whatever happens at your workplace. Keep sentiments aside. Everything you narrated has a heavy dose of sentiment in them.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
I have modified the story.
Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
GreenBobo:
For the records, you are totally 101% replaceable. Everyone usually is. So don't get it twisted.

And who tells u I said I'm not replaceable? I don't know why understanding a simple sentence becomes a problem.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Resign And Ride Okada For A Living by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
amicable09:

* You're a dispatch rider

I have modified the story. My farm is located away from town. We have staff quarters. But the road linking the farm is bad. So it's easy manoeuvring the road with bikes. That's how I became a good rider. I transact a lot in town, and move around with ease.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P&g Recruiting For Manager Hire For Graduates / Current Vacancies At Lagooz Schools / SHELL Industrial Training 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.