Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough (1278 Views)

3 Ghanaians arrested for subjecting suspects to jungle justice. / Lady Saved Man From Jungle Justice In Imo (Photos) / Thief Jumps Into A Canal In Festac Town, Lagos To Evade Jungle Justice. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by fingard02k(m): 5:21am On Nov 17, 2016
IHE OJOOO GBAA AFO;

“Olè! Olè!” renting the air. He runs into the compound opposite us and tries to scale the fence. Hands are clawing fiercely, trying to get a grip. Alas for him, his pursuers get a hold of him. They drag him outside the compound and out into the streets. I don’t know how, but the numbers have suddenly tripled. I don’t know if half the people there even know what crime the apprehended suspect is alleged to have committed. I don’t think they even want to know.

Then the beating begins. Somehow, his clothes have disappeared. Everyone wants to lay a hand on him. Cement blocks are smashed on his head, building lumber, stones, anything at all that is available. Soon he is bleeding, and the call for tyres is made, by whom I know not and then I remembered the very first thing my lecturer; Dr Nnamuchi Obiajulu taught me in ‘Children, Women, Illitrate and the Law’ class

That beyond and above all considerations of race, nationality or creed:

1. The child must be given the means requisite for its normal development, both materially and spiritually;

2. The child that is hungry must be fed; the child that is sick must be nursed; the child that is backward must be helped; the delinquent child must be reclaimed; and the orphan and the waif must be sheltered and succored;

3. The child must be the first to receive relief in times of distress;

4. The child must be put in a position to earn a livelihood, and must be protected against every form of exploitation;

5. The child must be brought up in the consciousness that its talents must be devoted to the service of fellow men.

And so, I asked myself, who failed? The parents? Government or society? I wanted to be numb, but my soul cried out loud for me to ignore the feeling. I am supposed to have been accustomed to pain, but I am a man who has a heart. By implication, pain has a space in my system and no matter how one tries to suppress it, it will definitely find a vent to erupt.

Like voices from the grave, the boy cry out that there “ain’t no love in the heart of the city”. The boy would have pleaded for mercy but they were seen by the bloody men of Lagos as someone that deserved to die.

I may not know what that poor boy faced in the fire; I may not know what the torture and pains he went through. But, I know that some strokes of cane or other stringent actions will have changed his life.

Yes, I know, ‘Jungle justice’ is a product of deep pain from being expressed by citizens because those who are breaking the law are going scot-free. A thief that obtained materials from another fellow at gun point walked freely and even flaunted the wealth ill-acquired to oppress his victims. Anyone who has suffered tends to be unsympathetic to such oppressor. He would definitely guillotine the head of a thief rather than handing over to the police.

I recalled the people in James Ibori’s community celebrating his genius for theft and known criminals walking away with chieftaincy titles in my native Igbo land. Even now, big thieves are in our political offices lording it over us. They steal public funds without any meaningful development in the land, yet they are not given the jungle treatment. But the poor boy suffered because he was not guarded by policemen as our corrupt politicians are protected. That is the kind of country we live in: the poor hurt the poor and the thieves smile to the banks mocking the rest of us.

The killers of the lynched boy must be brought to book. This is important because Nigerians throw caution to the wind when it comes to meting out punishment illegally. The mob killings are becoming a trend in our country. The Aluu Four were not the first to be videoed while being brutalised and killed for unproven offences. We have had similar stories from places like Lagos, Abuja, Anambra, Calabar and so on. Now this 7years old boy.

I know very few may not be able to stomach the mob action, but in such barbarity, when one stands by and watch those that commit the crime without alerting the authority, one is also shares the guilty verdict. True that one man’s voice may not make a different, but one must not wait for someone else to speak up against evil, it requires courage to condemn it and one will find that he is not alone.

The spirit of the boy victims, would surely be calling for justice. I feel I should write a poem to suppress my anger. But could poem have woken the dead from their grave? The best I expect is for government to ensure justice is done to atone for the killing of this young boy… Maka na
IHE OJOO GBAA AFO, OBURU OMENALA
[When an evil is continually perpetuated without control, it becomes a tradition.]

My name is Okeke Chukwudi Kene and I say #enough_to_jungle_justice

Author: Okeke Chukwudi Kene

READ MORE http://www.enzyhub.com/say-no-to-jungle-justice-in-nigeria-enough-is-enough/

lalasticlala mynd44 seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by fingard02k(m): 5:22am On Nov 17, 2016

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by samtee37(m): 5:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Oh!!!!! ! ... When will Nigeria stop this barbaric act.

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by kunlexy1759(m): 5:29am On Nov 17, 2016
Such a small boy... It's just a pity. Buy WHY jungle justice on a child that can b scold and counsel?
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by thesicilian: 6:30am On Nov 17, 2016
Social media activists. There were over 20 people standing and watching while that young man was being burnt like a Christmas cow and not one of them raised an objection. Its only on faceless social media platforms that voiceless lambs become roaring lions.

1 Like

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by saint047(m): 6:47am On Nov 17, 2016
There is GOD and he Never sleeps.... Justice must be served, those that did this will NEVER find peace, everything they touch will burn with bad luck.... Their heart shall find no happiness. They burnt someone's son!!!! Murdered someone's baby!!! I am soooooo angry and sad. This is inhumane and no one tried to help!!! Why?!

1 Like

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by xendra: 7:05am On Nov 17, 2016
and sometimes these people were set-up and caugth unaware y kill a person that only stole, did not kill, whereas those who killed are been arrested or walking free. now am so ashamed I'm a Nigerian. If I could change that i will.
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by Mrjosaphat: 7:06am On Nov 17, 2016
saint047:
There is GOD and he Never sleeps.... Justice must be served, those that did this will NEVER find peace, everything they touch will burn with bad luck.... Their heart shall find no happiness. They burnt someone's son!!!! Murdered someone's baby!!! I am soooooo angry and sad. This is inhumane and no one tried to help!!! Why?!
oga ABEG park well, u called it inhumane?, I laughed cos I see this niggas haven't met u at home or in a lonely road with one stainless material, beat u up, collect all that took you years to acquire and some times u will pray that they will be get caught one day, and when u prayers are finally answered, u will still come back here to cry,

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH PAIN HE HAD CAUSED TO SOME PEOPLE

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY SOUL HE HAVE WASTED

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HE HAD LEFT IN A SUICIDAL CONDITION

ANSWER :NO

SO I STRONGLY SUPPORT JUNGLE JUST I'M, AS SOME WILL STILL NOT LEARN FROM OTHERS

1 Like

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by robminds: 7:13am On Nov 17, 2016
Here is the video, if you watch it, you will cry:
http://www.robminds.com/2016/11/17/videos-young-boy-beaten-burnt-death-lagos-stealing/
Nigeria and Africa we copy foreign culture without copying how they respect human dignity and life. I feel like weeping
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by saint047(m): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2016
robminds:
Here is the video, if you watch it, you will cry:
http://www.robminds.com/2016/11/17/videos-young-boy-beaten-burnt-death-lagos-stealing/
Nigeria and Africa we copy foreign culture without copying how they respect human dignity and life. I feel like weeping

The perpetrators of heinous n babaric act shld b identified n brought to book by d police, how is heart is so harden to commit such heartless thing for goodness sake, the crowd dat watches this callous ppl killing this kid are so brutal, Lagos Govt u hv a long way to go sincerely but ur citizens are one of d most ruthless human beings in dis country. So sad n barbaric, God will punish all those watch dis killing without intervening

1 Like

Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by saint047(m): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2016
Mrjosaphat:
oga ABEG park well, u called it inhumane?, I laughed cos I see this niggas haven't met u at home or in a lonely road with one stainless material, beat u up, collect all that took you years to acquire and some times u will pray that they will be get caught one day, and when u prayers are finally answered, u will still come back here to cry,

He that has no sin should cast the stone....as for who ever that lynched that boy to death will surely suffer de consequences... Be it now till ur tenth generation... U ain't a saint,police nor judge....n yet u had the nerves n blood gushing thru ur veins with an animalistic heart ,you carted away that lil lad's soul....may you and your family members reap the fruits of this inhumane n hostile act of urs....Amen!!
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
Oh my God! cry cry cry
This is inhuman
Just what did he steal to have gone through this torture
We keep spilling blood everyday yet we pray for a better Nigeria
He must have done what's wrong but no one has the right to take his life......no one

#NoToJungleJustice
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2016
Mrjosaphat:

It always easier for them to say "No to jungle justice" when this boys never catch them for corner. These thieves will not hesistate to end anybody's life when they are in operation. When caught and handed over to the police, they are released again and continue thier devilish acts, and when the people react, some so called activists will sit in the comfort of his AC office or house (with possibly security guards) and be making noise about "say no to Jungle Justice"....They shoul all Just Shut up already!! angry angry...If I am caught stealing or casuing harm to anybody, the same justice should be meted out on me...Enough of all this pretentious behaviors abeg!.....lets face reality!!

AND THAT IS NOT A 7 YEARS OLD BOY!!..may God punish that blogger that started the "7 years old boy" rumour!! angry
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
Oh my God! cry cry cry
This is inhuman
Just what did he steal to have gone through this torture
We keep spilling blood everyday yet we pray for a better Nigeria
He must have done what's wrong but no one has the right to take his life......no one

#NoToJungleJustice

but he haas the right to take other people's life ba undecided
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

but he haas the right to take other people's life ba undecided
Did you witness him do that?
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:05pm On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
Did you witness him do that?

You didn't hear he stabbed his victim 3 times and attempted to kill 3 other people who tried to apprehend him?
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

You didn't hear he stabbed his victim 3 times and attempted to kill 3 other people who tried to apprehend him?
You must not tow in his path
Hand him over to the law enforcement agencies

No one should take life when you can't give one

Jungle justice has also taken innocent lives
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
You must not tow in his path
Hand him over to the law enforcement agencies

No one should take life when you can't give one

Jungle justice has also taken innocent lives

I pray that you never have to experience the atrocity these people can cos.... Most of them won't hesitate to take their victim's life..

Like Jack Bauer would say, "This people don't play by your rules"
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I pray that you never have to experience the atrocity these people can cos.... Most of them won't hesitate to take their victim's life..

Like Jack Bauer would say, "This people don't play by your rules"
I have been there angry....that notwithstanding, I still maintain my point
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
I have been there angry....that notwithstanding, I still maintain my point

Ok

How body? grin
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Ok

How body? grin
Body dey one corner dey chill grin

How groove na
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
Body dey one corner dey chill grin

How groove na

Which kind groove? sad....work wan kill me cry
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Which kind groove? sad....work wan kill me cry
Work by this time? Abi na night shift?

All work and no play makes Jeff a dull boy grin...free your blood jor
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
charijee:
Work by this time? Abi na night shift?

All work and no play makes Jeff a dull boy grin...free your blood jor

Na you I dey wait na to come "free my blood".. grin
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by charijee(f): 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Na you I dey wait na to come "free my blood".. grin
Hehehe grin can you withstand?
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:55am On Nov 18, 2016
charijee:
Hehehe grin can you withstand?

You know it! grin
Re: Say No To Jungle Justice In Nigeria; Enough Is Enough by BrutalJab: 4:10am On Nov 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Zenith Bank Robbers Used 'odeshi Juju' To Rob Customer At The Bank / NYSC Member Shot Dead By Unknown Gun Men (graphic Photo) / Cannibal Couple ‘ate 30 People And Served Victim’s Head On Platter Of Oranges’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.