Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? (1576 Views)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Collecting Stuff With The Left Hand / Yoruba Man Allegedly Refuses N5m Cheque Because It Was Presented With Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2016
So today I was watching this indomie advert, and decided to go and buy because I was hungry, and it would bring me closer to winning 100 thousand.

I carried my 150, and went to a store close by. The woman was talking to another woman, before I called her attention. She eyed me, but gave me the indomie I wanted.

Time to give her her money. Naturally, I put my hands in my pocket and brought it out. I'm left handed, so I gave it to her with my left hand.

I swear the woman almost slapped me. She screamed and cursed me in english and whateva language she was speakin. She called me a bastard and said I have useless parents. I couldn't reply because, well, she is way older than me and I was too stunned to even think of anything.

I eat, write, hold remote, collect money, wash plates, slap my younger sister, all with my left hand. So I don't understand why I can't give someone money with my left hand.

This isn't even the first time. Some time in church, I put my offering with my left hand. If Yu know the number of people that went to meet my parents eenh... So I began wondering. Will God not accept my offering because I used my left hand? Or will the indomie woman have to throw the 150 away because I used my left hand?

What is so awesome about this right hand?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by ibkgab001: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2016
Culture= Tradition ==Doctrine

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Raydos: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2016
That's foolishness!

is left hand not part of our body? undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by remi1444: 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
no big deal in using our left hand buh karma got you ma....for slapping my wife your sister.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by dingbang(m): 5:39am On Nov 25, 2016
I won't blame the primitive mentality of a category of nigerians

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2016
Masikay:
So today I was watching this indomie advert, and decided to go and buy because I was hungry, and it would bring me closer to winning 100 thousand.

I carried my 150, and went to a store close by. The woman was talking to another woman, before I called her attention. She eyed me, but gave me the indomie I wanted.

Time to give her her money. Naturally, I put my hands in my pocket and brought it out. I'm left handed, so I gave it to her with my left hand.

I swear the woman almost slapped me. She screamed and cursed me in english and whateva language she was speakin. She called me a bastard and said I have useless parents. I couldn't reply because, well, she is way older than me and I was too stunned to even think of anything.

I eat, write, hold remote, collect money, wash plates, slap my younger sister, all with my left hand. So I don't understand why I can't give someone money with my left hand.

This isn't even the first time. Some time in church, I put my offering with my left hand. If Yu know the number of people that went to meet my parents eenh... So I began wondering. Will God not accept my offering because I used my left hand? Or will the indomie woman have to throw the 150 away because I used my left hand?

What is so awesome about this right hand?

Babe, you fall my hand!

You couldn't reply cos she's older. That's the problem elderly people in Nigeria have. They believe being old gives them a free b*tch-pass.

Screw age! Insult me, I'd insult you back. Insult my parents, start digging your grave.

To answer your question, I find it strange why Nigerians emphasize not collecting/giving items with your left hand. I don't see anything wrong. It's just a hand!

If it's that bad, then, they should cut it off. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Raydos:
That's foolishness!

is left hand not part of our body? undecided

My brother, I tire o!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2016
MsDelilah:

Babe, you fall my hand!

You couldn't reply cos she's older. That's the problem elderly people in Nigeria have. They believe being old gives them a free b*tch-pass.

Screw age! Insult me, I'd insult you back. Insult my parents, start digging your grave.

To answer your question, I find it strange why Nigerians emphasize not collecting/giving items with your left hand. I don't see anything wrong. [size=18pt]It's just a hand![/size]

If it's that bad, then, they should cut it off. angry

grin.. The woman get luck say no be you she be wan slap
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2016
Masikay:

grin.. The woman get luck say no be you she be wan slap

I swear o! I don't suffer fools gladly. angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2016
Masikay, is that you, the profile picture?

You're pretty biko. #NoHomo

I want that gown angry
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 25, 2016
MsDelilah:
Masikay, is that you, the profile picture?

You're pretty biko. #NoHomo

I want that gown angry

grin... No way
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
There's nothing wrong with the left hand, I'm equally left-handed.

Culture makes people stüpid – that's the simple explanation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 29, 2016
Just know you should not give, receive or great with left and put it to practice. It's bad luck. angry

Kids of nowadays!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Cuddlebugie(f): 1:18am On Nov 30, 2016
It's no news that being left handed is considered negative in this part of the world. How many times have i been told i'm the odd one out? I've lost count.
We are living in a right handed world, you know.

It's a good thing you didn't trade words with her. You respected her even when its obvious she doesn't deserve an iota of respect. That shows how refined you her. Unfortunately, same can't be said of her.

She no sabi vex sef. She for troway the money or she for dash you
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by rakabuba001(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2016
Cuddlebugie:
It's no news that being left handed is considered negative in this part of the world. How many times have i been told i'm the odd one out? I've lost count.
We are living in a right handed world, you know.

It's a good thing you didn't trade words with her. You respected her even when its obvious she doesn't deserve an iota of respect. That shows how refined you her. Unfortunately, same can't be said of her.

She no sabi vex sef. She for troway the money or she for dash you
indeed we are living in a right handed world...it takes the grace of God for me to weild a pair of scissors and so many other things.
Re: What Is Wrong With Our Left Hand? by Franky826: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2016
undecided

As in eeh, I have never heard, read or seen where God cursed the left hand. Aren't all of God's gift perfect? The discrimination is just much.
Was left handed while growing up. My people beat me till I learnt to use my right.

Yet even now my left instincts still kick in. Like brushing, sweeping, or using a spoon with the left, washing, etc

This matter should be critically reviewed Abeg sad

(1) (Reply)

HELP Me Learn Esan!! / Why Do Pirates Wear Eye Patches? / Rihanna Posts Pictures Of Herself At Illuminati Shrine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.