Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

10 Biggest Alcohol Drinking Countries In Africa (number 1 Will Shock You) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Biggest Alcohol Drinking Countries In Africa (number 1 Will Shock You) (1355 Views)

Lady Saw Wall Gecko In Her Zobo Drink After Drinking (Photos) / The Way Oyinbo Describes Our Eba/pounded Yam And Egusi Soup Will Shock You / Nigerians Still Drinking Fanta And Sprite After High Court Ruling? - CNN Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Biggest Alcohol Drinking Countries In Africa (number 1 Will Shock You) by horla007: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2016
The 10 biggest alcohol drinking nations in Africa has always been a topic of big debate between us Africans, but for sure alcohol consumption in eastern Europe and south America is a culture, especially in Russian federation, Belarus and Ukraine even Germany all have a record on alcohol consumption.

In many countries people don’t always wake up to a Saturday morning the same. some get up really sober why some get up really hang overred, On this exclusive article we shall try to solve the puzzle of the 10 biggest alcohol drinking countries in Africa using a statistical calculation of the liters consumed per year.

Honestly, when i first got my hand the list i was famished, because i had some countries i never expected them on the list, but to my greatest surprise they made the exclusive list. before we deep in to the list, i must warn you that the majority of the type of alcohol consumed in most of this nations in the 10 biggest alcohol drinking countries in Africa, is very very traditional and locally made. which is not good for the human liver.

Remember excessive alcohol consumption is very harmful to your health, so keep those bottles down and you will stay around a lot longer.

So, here are the 10 Biggest Alcohol Drinking Countries in Africa

10. Tanzania-7.7 liters/year10 Alcohol drinking countries in Africa

In Tanzania 11% of alcohol consumption comes from beer, and only 0.2% comes from wine, which is actually beneficial to heart. 1.8% comes from spirits and 87% of alcohol consumption is from other types of alcohol. Tanzanians are known to make moonshine-and very traditional type of alcoholic drinks, which the local population tend to Obliged more. since virtually halve the population live below $1 per day. and the moon shine alternatives are way cheaper.

9. Botswana – 7.96 liters/year10 Alcohol drinking countries in Africa

Botswana also one of the 10 biggest alcohol drinking countries in Africa,among the alcohol consumption – 42% – coming from the “other” category. But its beer consumption is even higher, making up 57% of the total. This may be due to the high consumption of Botswana’s national beer, St Louis, though many (locals and visitors alike) say that St. Louis is worse than the cheapest light beers found elsewhere in the world. Many opt for beer imports from nearby South Africa or Namibia instead. which firmly solidifies its spot among the elite 10 biggest alcohol drinking countries in Africa.
8. Gabon – 9.32 liters/year10 Alcohol drinking countries in Africa

The favored alcoholic drink of choice for Gabonians is clear. While 10% and 22% of alcohol consumption in Gabon comes from wine and spirits respectively, 68% comes from beer. The cheapest and most popular beer in Gabon is Regab, costing from $0.70 to $2, and the lack of tax on any alcoholic beverages makes it easy to import from abroad. In-fact Gabon is a dream nation for all alcohol aficionado, because it has the cheapest priced alcoholic beverages in Africa and only second to the Russian Federation in the world.
continue here: http://www.gistsmill.com.ng/10-biggest-alcohol-drinking-countries-in-africa-number-1-will-shock-you/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Nigerian Chin-chin / Danone Nutricia Introduces Aptamil Baby Formula In Nigerian Market / Uk Used Playstation 4 & Playstation 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.