Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) (851 Views)

10 Android Applications Draining Your Battery And Data / Effects Of Not Draining Your Phone Battery Totally / How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) by naijaspice: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2016
This things drain your phone battery without your knowwledge… They may seem harmless but trust me they do damage to your phone battery

1. Improper Charging
If you let your phone drain completely, you may be reducing the capacity of its battery. Instead, try to keep your phone at around a 50 percent charge.

2. Charging It in the Case
Your case can cause your phone battery to overheat during a charge. To prevent this, try to get into the habit of removing the case and placing the phone on a hard surface where the heat can dissipate away from the phone.

3. Bright Backgrounds
Yes, your phone’s background can affect battery life. Choose darker backgrounds to extend capacity.

4. Background Apps
You don’t need to have apps open to lose battery life. Check for apps that run processes in the background; close any that you don’t need.

5. App Settings
If you use an app that checks the internet for updates every 10 minutes, you’re sacrificing battery life. Configure apps so that they perform these background actions less frequently.

CONTINUE READING>>> http://thehubngr.com/2016/11/16/things-draining-phone-battery/
Re: These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) by Whizpeter(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
naijaspice:

3. Bright Backgrounds
Yes, your phone’s background can affect battery life. Choose darker backgrounds to extend capacity.

Darker backgrounds save battery on only Amoled screens... If your phone uses TFT or LCD capacitive screens, then it doesn't have any effect on it!

1 Like

Re: These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) by duwdu: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Whizpeter:

Darker backgrounds save battery on only Amoled screens... If your phone uses TFT or LCD capacitive screens, then it doesn't have any effect on it!

This is correct, I believe.

For the sake of my own set of eyes, though, I prefer dark themes if available in my apps/backgrounds.

P34c3

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Now Lets You Watch Received Videos Without Downloading / Infinix Hot 4 Pro In Ilorin / Need Tecno M6 Screen 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.