Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively (2573 Views)

10 Android Applications Draining Your Battery And Data / Effects Of Not Draining Your Phone Battery Totally / These 10 Things Are DRAINING Your Phone Battery, And You Had No Idea (MUST SEE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 8:11am On Oct 14, 2016
help me please let how to do with it stop my screen from draining my battery excessively, it's a just too much, even when it's on the lowest. It still drains my battery like water. I have even downloaded lower screen brightness app and dim it to the lowest that I can't even see because its too low. I managed to operate my phone like that but in my conclusion there it's no difference or very little different between the lowest brightness and the highest.
Please help what can I do.

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by JesusmyGod1: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2016
Lol since u deem the screen before I think it's hardware problem.

But just try this 2battery pro app, and leave your screen brightness to 0% for 24hrs I believe it will reduce.

Btw what's your phone make
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by Iphone5: 9:53am On Oct 14, 2016
JesusmyGod1:

But just try this 2battery pro app, and leave your screen brightness to 0% for 24hrs I believe it will reduce.

Should be Injoo-ry grin
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by JesusmyGod1: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2016
Iphone5:

Should be Injoo-ry grin
innjoo is a good phone
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 10:27am On Oct 14, 2016
JesusmyGod1:

It's hot2
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by JesusmyGod1: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2016
BlindAngel:

It's hot2
just do what I told u
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by Malayy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 14, 2016
your phone is dumb.. is there anything like 103%?

4 Likes

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by lafuria1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2016
Your phone is lying to you, the total % should be 100% and not more than that.
Do factory reset, I don't understand why you phone is giving wrong readings. Back up before factory reset.

Restrict background data,

Lastly if you have the means, change the battery, it's bad. Changing the battery will be the last option.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
just do what I told u
Sir I have downloaded the app and installed it, I have also given it root access. And also used it to dim my screen to 37% but not 0% as you instructed.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by MilesLamar(m): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
Iphone5:

Should be Injoo-ry grin
kikiki injoo..ry grin
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by JesusmyGod1: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
BlindAngel:

Sir I have downloaded the app and installed it, I have also given it root access. And also used it to dim my screen to 37% but not 0% as you instructed.
I said wait,24hrs
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
I said wait,24hrs
Sir during the period of the 24 hours will the phone be on and if yes, if I leave it idle won't the screen back light goes off.
Am asking because I believe that if I leave it at 0%, I won't be able to operate the phone because it will be too dark to see through. That's why am asking sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by JesusmyGod1: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
BlindAngel:

Sir during the period of the 24 hours will the phone be on and if yes, if I leave it idle won't the screen back light goes off.
just use your phone, if that percentage didn't drop quote me tomorrow
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
just use your phone, if that percentage didn't drop quote me tomorrow
OK sir, I will do as you commanded sir. I will give you a feed back tomorrow.
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by nickvanilla(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Op this ur phone dey lie pass lai mohahmed grin
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by Efisko1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2016
lafuria1:
Do factory reset, I don't understand why you phone is giving wrong readings. Back up before factory reset.

Lastly if you have the means, change the battery, it's bad. Changing the battery will be the last option.

Dat shuld be 1 of those clone produce
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
lafuria1:

Bro I have bought a new battery, the new battery normally shutdown at 50%. Can you imagine, and it's an original battery.
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by DesChyko: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
I will recommend what I use to you.

It's called System Night Mode.

I will attach screenshots so you see how it works.

1 is the home panel where you can turn it on or off. 2 is the quick access on the notification panel. Now, I use level 20 at night, which is far lower than the lowest my phone display settings has.

Other apps I will recommend are Greenify and All-in-One Toolbox. They help prevent apps from autostart and running in background.

Another thing I do is, except I'm downloading or watching videos, I put my network on EDGE.

Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by flokii: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
@OP are you sure ur phone is not d chinese variant? cos there is original and chinese version for most phones.

Do a simple google search, lookup infinix service centres close to you and take it there.. it's better and stress free for you
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by DesChyko: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
BlindAngel:

Bro I have bought a new battery, the new battery normally shutdown at 50%. Can you imagine, and it's an original battery.

Since it's a new battery, your phone is yet to calibrate it. Until then, it will read based on the old one that it is used to.
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 8:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
DesChyko:

Since it's a new battery, your phone is yet to calibrate it. Until then, it will read based on the old one that it is used to.
Sir, I what can I do for my phone to calibrate it. Please reply me sir, I I really need to know sir.
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by DesChyko: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
BlindAngel:

Sir, I what can I do for my phone to calibrate it. Please reply me sir, I I really need to know sir.

It's an automatic process.
But to speed it up, you have to fully charge, disconnect it and use it till it drops. Switch it on again and let it go off. Then charge it up again
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by BlindAngel: 8:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
DesChyko:

It's an automatic process.
But to speed it up, you have to fully charge, disconnect it and use it till it drops. Switch it on again and let it go off. Then charge it up again
Thank you very much sir. Am definitely going to give it a try.
Re: How To Stop Screen From Draining Your Phone Battery Excessively by Carlcaresophia: 8:58am On Oct 19, 2016
BlindAngel:
help me please let how to do with it stop my screen from draining my battery excessively, it's a just too much, even when it's on the lowest. It still drains my battery like water. I have even downloaded lower screen brightness app and dim it to the lowest that I can't even see because its too low. I managed to operate my phone like that but in my conclusion there it's no difference or very little different between the lowest brightness and the highest.
Please help what can I do.
Hi BlindAngel, we suggest you bring your phone to our Carlcare Service Center and ask our colleagues there to help you with your phone problem. You can find contact info of our Carlcare Service Center and its collecting points in Carlcare App (you can download the app and update the app to the newest version). If you can't find contact info, please let us know the state and city you are living in now. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Hmmm / Redmi Note 8 Pro: Great Phone For The Impressive Price / Trick:celtel Free Browsing Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.