Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? (8881 Views)

☠️ If Logic Is Not Everything ? Then Why Should We Rely On Science / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Will you attend shiloh? Lets just praise God. Its going to basically be praise.
I'd really love to but I won't be able to attend this year so I'd stream the live sessions
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Will you attend shiloh? Lets just praise God. Its going to basically be praise.
My response to your post that had 4 questions was incomplete so I modified it. You may have a look whenever you can
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
My response to your post that had 4 questions was incomplete so I modified it. You may have a look whenever you can
Ok will do.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
I'd really love to but I won't be able to attend this year so I'd stream the live sessions
Okay, thats also good.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 11:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:

Okay I didn't see this post earlier, let me try:

2. Those that don't believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit are only limiting themselves; they have absolutely nobody to blame for their issues.
There's no reason why a Christian should disbelieve the ministry of the Holy Spirit when this is clearly spelled out in scriptures

1. You're absolutely correct, there a so many believers who have not trained themselves to pick signals from the Holy Spirit but I'm certain that this is the difference between living an ordinary life and a supernatural one. The Bible calls Him (the Holy Spirit), the one called to go ahead of us as a counselor

Anyone who wants to learn to have the presence of the Holy Spirit real in their lives can should try to take out time. Apart from praying daily, I used to take out time on Fridays after work, sleep till 4 and then just stay on my knees in my room singing and praying in the Spirit. Needless to say, the effect was tremendous. I used to do that every week (something happened so I kind of stopped but I'll revisit praying this way soonest). I'll recommend 2 books and you may have come across them, a) 3 Most important things in your life by Mike Murdock where he detailed his experience of how he first encountered the presence of God. For him, consistency in taking out time daily to fellowship with the Holy Spirit was crucial. He recounted that God honoured his consistency and showed up

b) Listening Prayer by Mary Ruth Swope: Very powerful book as well

3. How God speaks: sometimes spectacular at other times not so spectacular. I remember once when I was so passionate about the things of God, I began to ask Him what He wanted me to do and that I didn't mind doing anything He required me to do even if it entailed full time ministry. As I was reading the scriptures, a passage seemed to jump out of its page right before me which read, "And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron" (Hebrews 5:4). The crux of that message was no one takes that decision by him or herself to Shepherd the children of God in the capacity of a full time pastor but God is the One that calls into the ministry.

I know how much I was guided by this seemingly unspectacular message.

There was another time, I was almost late for work and I was rushing to get out of the house. I don't take my laptop or flash to the office but on this day, as I was about to head out, I just heard within me, 'your flash' and I didn't understand so I ignored the prompt. But I kept 'hearing' the same thing, 'your flash'. I argued, why would I take my flash drive when I don't use it in the office so I shoved any the 'thought'. My door used to be very difficult to open back then, and this was obviously what the Holy Spirit was trying to get me to avoid but I wasn't sensitive enough to realize it was Him. I left the room and locked my door and in seconds, I got a call from my best friend then. His words, "abeg chrmn1 (not my real name, of course), bring your flash abeg it's very crucial...thanks". I had to go through the rigours of opening the door again and trust me, this time it was as if the door decided that I wouldn't open it that day. I just highlighted the 2 scenarios to point out that He talks to us in diverse ways but if you've trained yourself to hear him and respond quickly enough you begin to master the art. The easier it gets as you go along. It's just like hearing somebody speak whom you don't know, you won't know who's talking but if your best friend should call your name, you'd easily recognize his/her voice even if you can't see his/her face. That's how it is with learning to hear the guide within.

4. Just like with every art, you only get perfect by practice. You see you're not abdicating your responsibility to make decisions in your personal life by following the direction of the Holy Spirit. For every good plan you have, He has a better one. You must realize that. Apostle Paul was going to win souls in Asia when He was restrained by the inner guide. That was his (Paul's) plan. See its a partnership and I can show you countless scriptures that supports this point. Proverbs 16:9 says, "the heart of a man devices (plans) his way but the Lord directs his steps. It's a partnership so you're not standing like a pole and saying "Holy Ghost blow me to the right else I won't move". No you don't do that because you've got to live life to the fullest. You just need to pay attention to seeking His manifest presence in your life and to sharpen the your hearing from Him. He says, "He's a rewarder of they that DILIGENTLY seek Him." Let me break down the word diligently. As a starter, if you plan to do 2 hours everyday and you made it on Sunday but didn't make it on Monday, so you continued on Tuesday, it's not ideal that way. God won't be annoyed with you but it's a training you need to undergo just like the training a guy would need to undergo at the gym to grow muscles. So if you badly want to hear from Him, diligence is very key. Mike Murdock touched on this beautifully. It's a partnership. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He'll direct your paths.

So just live your life to the full, learn to seek the face of God on a consistent basis, He'll guide you in unspectacular ways but you need to pass that test by responding promptly. As you do He can trust you with more spectacular leadings and as you practice the art you become skilled at it.

Hope I answered at least a couple of your questions.

Good night dearie
Yea, you did indeed answered all of them. Thank you.

You blessed my heart. I will download the PDF copies of those books and read.
Thanks so much.

Dilligence is the KEY word.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by butterflylion: 11:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
Pls sir, i sent you a pm. Pls reply.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2016
butterflylion:

Pls sir, i sent you a pm. Pls reply.
HI Butterflylion, for some reason I don't see PMs on my email. I don't know why this is the case but let me try to PM you and we'll just take it up from there.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by butterflylion: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2016
chrmn1:
HI Butterflylion, for some reason I don't see PMs on my email. I don't know why this is the case but let me try to PM you and we'll just take it up from there.
Ok
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
butterflylion:

Ok
Alternatively you can send an email to chrmn1chrmn1@yahoo.com. God bless you.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by butterflylion: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ok. Coming right through
chrmn1:
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by butterflylion: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
chrmn1:
I have sent the mail with my other email id. Pls reply
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How can we rely on the power of God? Why is relying on the power of God so important?

Suggested answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/power-of-God.html
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Suggested answer:

https://www.gotquestions.org/power-of-God.html

Question: "How can we rely on the power of God?"

Answer: We often hear about the power of God, of His greatness and how we can rely on it to get us through difficult trials such as a job loss, a sticky divorce, bankruptcy, hateful persecutions, sufferings through a debilitating illness or loss of a loved one. So, we ask, just how powerful and great is God? And, more importantly, how can we rely on the power of God? The apostle Paul gives us a glimpse of this power in his letter to the Ephesians:

"And what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 1:19-20, NASB). The Greek word translated "greatness" is megethos which means "strong" or "great," and it appears only here in the New Testament. This word obviously wasn’t sufficient for Paul to express God’s great power, so he adds the word "surpassing" or huperballo, which in the Greek literally means to "throw beyond the usual mark" or to "excel or surpass." So, the full idea of the expression huperballo megethos is a power that is beyond measure, superabounding or surpassing power, power that is “more than enough.”

Greek authorities tell us that because this term megethos is found only here in all the New Testament, this reflects the outreach of Paul’s mind when he sought to describe this power of God, his attempt at "stretching at the seams" as he tries to pour more meaning into these words. What Paul is really telling us is that God’s power exceeds or surpasses everything. The God who not only spoke the universe into existence, but who raised Jesus from the dead, and who "put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church" (Ephesians 1:22, NASB), has power far beyond any possibility of being measured. Paul simply could not say enough about the greatness and majesty of God, and even using language as exact as Greek, he still had difficulty finding the words to express his thoughts.

So, how can we rely on such enormous power of God? First of all, the resurrection of Jesus is the great hope of all believers. Because He lives, we will live also (John 14:19). Peter said we have been "born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away" (1 Peter 1:3-4, NASB). We and what we have are protected by God's power (verse 5). No matter how weak or ill-equipped we may at times feel, we have the assurance that God "is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us" (Ephesians 3:20, NASB). Most importantly, we have the faith He has given us (Ephesians 2:8-9) to strive according to that power (Colossians 1:29), and we do so with the confidence that ultimately God will accomplish His good in our lives. We have this powerful affirmation from Paul: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28, NASB).

Finally, we remember the promises of Christ Himself in regard to the incredible power of prayer: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened" (Matthew 7:7-8, NASB).
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by notjonbellion(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

aren't you the young earth creationist undecided
LMAO! cheesy
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Jan 30, 2017
notjonbellion:

aren't you the young earth creationist undecided
LMAO! cheesy

Yes, what about it? undecided
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by notjonbellion(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, what about it? undecided
the earth ain't 6000 years brah
smiley
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2017
notjonbellion:

the earth ain't 6000 years brah
smiley

Jesus was a young earth creationist, He said God created Adam and Eve from the beginning of the world and the beginning is not billion of years after the universe and earth came into existence (See Mark 10:6). smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Of Proverbs / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED.. / Does The Christian God Actually Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.