Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? (8882 Views)

☠️ If Logic Is Not Everything ? Then Why Should We Rely On Science / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 8:56am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Not just him, good for the world and even heaven.

I doubt that. The world is shit. So he's obviously a shit messiah.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
I love you too kiss

(that's a holy kiss grin)
You dont need to specify, i know. The spirit here is mature.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Satan is the Messiah.
For how long will you go on like this?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

You dont need to specify, i know. The spirit here is mature.
I just wanted to be a little comical. That's why I added that linegrin
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by deezzle(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
which God? The one you asked to steer clear of your affairs? Is that the God you want to save you from the perils of life? How would He steer clear from your affairs and still guide your affairs to ensure they all turn out right?

Which God please?

So bimbo odukoya, myles munroe and the poor corper...the Christians killed by isis and boko haram...the many children dying from diseases deserve to die because God ignored them for telling him to leave their affairs?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 9:07am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
There's no such thing as the power of God, the power of Satan however, is a very potent something.
Let me introduce you to someone who can tell you about the power of satan better, because you are an amateur.

Stephen Dollins. A forner satanist. A HIGH PRIESTof a grotto. Google him.

He had the power to summon demons to carry out assignments. Thats how powerful he was in the Kingdom of darkness.
But one day, he discovered that there was a higher power out there.

Ms Free, you never see anytin.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

For how long will you go on like this?
For a very long time, believe that.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:
David prayed that the first son he had with Beershaba not die, God said No.

Apst Paul prayed that an infirmity, be taken away from him, God said, No.

Moses prayed to enter the Promised land, God said No.

These are not mere men, yet God still said no to them, how do we come to the place of accepting No as an answer? Pls everyone.
I cannot overemphasize the importance of learning to listen to the Holy Spirit and hearing from Him. Our whole chtistian life depends on it. It's only in very few occasions God would say 'no' to a request but if you have been praying for something and it doesn't seem to be forthcoming, you can wrongly assume that God doesn't want you to have it, when in reality you have not learnt to put your faith to work to receive from God. Yes God may say 'no' but it's in rare occasions and there would be cogent reasons for that but how would you know if you have not trained your spirit to communicate with God, in which case you begin to make assumptions?

And when I talk about communicating with the Holy Spirit, I'm not talking about just praying and then assuming in your head that God said this or that. It's very clear cut. The Bible says God spoke to Moss as a man speaks to his friends. You get information of specific things that would happen in the near future and sure enough you'd come to see those things happen. Accurate information that you couldn't have cooked up in your heard, you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Let me introduce you to someone who can tell you about the power of satan better, because you are an amateur.

Stephen Dollins. A forner satanist. A HIGH PRIESTof a grotto. Google him.

He had the power to summon demons to carry out assignments. Thats how powerful he was in the Kingdom of darkness.
But one day, he discovered that there was a higher power out there.

Ms Free, you never see anytin.
Oh! Please, spare me the nonsense.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Pls dont go. We do not need you. You'll just take up yhe seat and occupy space. Sit at home, no quwams.

undecided embarassed You just called me matter. No wahala sad.

I don't need your punkass to gain access God. The Church is in my heart. I can pray. So shove your thoughts up your asss.

Lord forgive me for the outburst...just wanted to bring the levels to this human cry cry
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:
Hello Christian Soldiers, pls ignore Hopefullandlord.

Pls. Pls.. Pls... Pls....
No Christian shd feed this virus.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalm:1:1

Ungodly, Sinner, and Scornful.

The Spirit working in and through him is here to scorn, sneer, to cast aspersion on God and doubt in the minds of young Christians.

No matter how reasonable his comment is, pls discipline yourself and ignore it. Satan is not worth your response.

Maranatha.

Pls go to church.

this post of yours doesn't do you any favours

readers can see that its your defense mechanism that's being activated

you're going through cognitive dissonance and attempting to cover it by burying your head in the sand

all my posts here makes sense

and yes!! you're right about me being here to cast doubts, in the mind of not just Christian but every theist out there, I'm a religion skeptic

I want them to question their religion without fear, I'm not interested in them dumping their religion but searching for the truth deep and hearing rebuttals

what are you afraid of? that I'll expose how empty your religion is?

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by freecocoa(f): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2016
DeLioncourt:

I doubt that. The world is shit. So he's obviously a shit messiah.
Depends on how/where you looking at the world from bro, give in to Satan today and watch your life change. cheesy
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
Put it all on God all you want but let me give you the true picture of things. Man decided to do it all by himself and the situation in the world today is the result.

If the state of the world today is as per God's will, then He would not ask that we pray that "His will should be done on earth as its done in heaven".

I read one thread were an atheist painted a picture of his father allowing a stranger rape his 2 year old daughter whilst he was outside cleaning his car but the father did nothing to prevent the stranger even though he was inside the house.

You see that's a wrong perspective. The right way to look at it is, the father was outside the house because he would not let his father in. The stranger went in because he carelessly left the door open, and raped his daughter and then he turned to blame his father even though he still sternly disallowed him from coming close to his house after the incedent

That's exactly what you guys are doing

my question here is very simple and while I'm sure this post of yours makes sense, it doesn't answer the question

I'm not putting anything on god in my post

my question is....

"Do you believe that God could ever forsake you? What would that look like? Can you describe for me any scenario at all which would constitute God forsaking you?"
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2016
deezzle:

So bimbo odukoya, myles munroe and the poor corper...the Christians killed by isis and boko haram...the many children dying from diseases deserve to die because God ignored them for telling him to leave their affairs?
I'll make it as simple as possible. That you are a Christian does not preclude you from life's issues. That's why it's important to live a spirit filled life. You see a lot of Christians have the tag, 'christian' but that's not all there is to it. You need to be tuned to the Spirit. When such tragic occurrences happen to children of God, He was trying to get their attention but they were not listening to Him. The normal way to die as a Christian is the way Moses died. God told him, his time on earth was up. That was how Archbishop Benson Idahosa and Kenneth Hagin of blessed memory died. They called their families and blessed them and then transited. I told you I was going to break it down as much as possible. It's just like saying, as a man, you will automatically have children. You know that's not the case. if you don't have sexual intercourse and if you have issues like low sperm count, you wouldn't experience what a normal, regular man should experience. (sorry this was the best analogy I could get off the top of my head, hope you get the point though)

So it's not the tag 'christianity' but is the Holy Spirit actively guiding you. As a Christian, you can be caught up in so many things and ignore the voice of the guide that's with us. That's why I still maintain that beyond all the nice stuff in the Christian faith, the most crucial factor is fellowship with the Holy Spirit.

Now to my previous post, right from the time Adam decided to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil till present, man runs the world and has taken the attendant responsibility for the happenings in it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

my question here is very simple and while I'm sure this post of yours makes sense, it doesn't answer the question

I'm not putting anything on god in my post

my question is....

"Do you believe that God could ever forsake you? What would that look like? Can you describe for me any scenario at all which would constitute God forsaking you?"

For God to forsake me, it would mean that He no longer is involved in my affairs. But thankfully the Bible says, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by DeLioncourt: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Depends on how/where you looking at the world from bro, give in to Satan today and watch your life change. cheesy

Nah...I'm good. He can go eat a d*ck
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

this post of yours doesn't do you any favours

readers can see that its your defense mechanism that's being activated

you're going through cognitive dissonance and attempting to cover it by burying your head in the sand

all my posts here makes sense

and yes!! you're right about me being here to cast doubts, in the mind of not just Christian but every theist out there, I'm a religion skeptic

I want them to question their religion without fear, I'm not interested in them dumping their religion but searching for the truth deep and hearing rebuttals

what are you afraid of? that I'll expose how empty your religion is?
I like it wen i ignore demons. not you hopeful. Am refering to the entity inside of you.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
iyke926:

undecided embarassed You just called me matter. No wahala sad.

I don't need your punkass to gain access God. The Church is in my heart. I can pray. So shove your thoughts up your asss.

Lord forgive me for the outburst...just wanted to bring the levels to this human cry cry
Thats why i said, stay home and pray nah. Why go and take up space for nothing?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Oh! Please, spare me the nonsense.

Ms Free. Have you googled Stephen Dollins?

When you do, come back and tell me Satan has power.

Btw, i dont understand the nonsense you are talking about.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
I cannot overemphasize the importance of learning to listen to the Holy Spirit and hearing from Him. Our whole chtistian life depends on it. It's only in very few occasions God would say 'no' to a request but if you have been praying for something and it doesn't seem to be forthcoming, you can wrongly assume that God doesn't want you to have it, when in reality you have not learnt to put your faith to work to receive from God. Yes God may say 'no' but it's in rare occasions and there would be cogent reasons for that but how would you know if you have not trained your spirit to communicate with God, in which case you begin to make assumptions?

And when I talk about communicating with the Holy Spirit, I'm not talking about just praying and then assuming in your head that God said this or that. It's very clear cut. The Bible says God spoke to Moss as a man speaks to his friends. You get information of specific things that would happen in the near future and sure enough you'd come to see those things happen. Accurate information that you couldn't have cooked up in your heard, you know.
Okay, What you mean is, When we ask for something and the answer is No, we should be able to know in the place prayer?

Bros, there are somany 'believers' who
1. Don't hear the Holy Spirt.
2. Don't believe the Holy Spirit speaks to people.
3. Don't know when the Holy Spirit speaks to them.
4. Can not differetiate between the voices in mind and the voice of the Holy Spirit.

But, they are believers, in these cases, how can they know when then answer is NO.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
For a very long time, believe that.
What could have happened? I really wish you can soften up a little bit and let love come in.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
I just wanted to be a little comical. That's why I added that linegrin
And, i got you.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 2:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
deezzle:

What is dead to you? What does it mean to die?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Ata girl.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
For God to forsake me, it would mean that He no longer is involved in my affairs. But thankfully the Bible says, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)
Dearly beloved, responding to hopefullandlord is like pouring water on a smooth stone. Leave him to his demons.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by echodrum(m): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
How can we rely on the power of God? Why is relying on the power of God so important?
the power of God is the power in you. You can do anything through the power of God in you. So first of all you have to understand and acknowledge that you have a tremendous power in you body, Then learn how to apply it and Heaven will be your starting point.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by dabrightt: 4:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
claremont:
Nigerians are very religious people,it's such a shame that we haven't translated our passion for religion into any tangible benefits for the country. We all claim to be so religious, and yet, we are so morally corrupt and mentally backward. The countries that gave us this religion have long since abandoned it, and they are prosperous as a result.
God will save you from the manipulations of deamon attacking your destiny
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Dearly beloved, responding to hopefullandlord is like pouring water on a smooth stone. Leave him to his demons.
you see my dear, the kingdom of God is not in words but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power. A million words on NL would do nothing other than bring about a million rebuttals. I have personally decided to start interceding intensely for them, and I'd implore every christian NLander to do same. Cheers and have a great time. Hope you had a good time in service today
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
you see my dear, the kingdom of God is not in words but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power. A million words on NL would do nothing other than bring about a million rebuttals. I have personally decided to start interceding intensely for them, and I'd implore every christian NLander to do same. Cheers and have a great time. Hope you had a good time in service today
Yes dear. Service was great. Yours?
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 9:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Yes dear. Service was great. Yours?
wonderful as always
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by Anas09: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
chrmn1:
wonderful as always
Will you attend shiloh? Lets just praise God. Its going to basically be praise.
Re: How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? by chrmn1: 10:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
Anas09:

Okay, What you mean is, When we ask for something and the answer is No, we should be able to know in the place prayer?

Bros, there are somany 'believers' who
1. Don't hear the Holy Spirt.
2. Don't believe the Holy Spirit speaks to people.
3. Don't know when the Holy Spirit speaks to them.
4. Can not differetiate between the voices in mind and the voice of the Holy Spirit.

But, they are believers, in these cases, how can they know when then answer is NO.
Okay I didn't see this post earlier, let me try:

2. Those that don't believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit are only limiting themselves; they have absolutely nobody to blame for their issues.
There's no reason why a Christian should disbelieve the ministry of the Holy Spirit when this is clearly spelled out in scriptures

1. You're absolutely correct, there a so many believers who have not trained themselves to pick signals from the Holy Spirit but I'm certain that this is the difference between living an ordinary life and a supernatural one. The Bible calls Him (the Holy Spirit), the one called to go ahead of us as a counselor

Anyone who wants to learn to have the presence of the Holy Spirit real in their lives can should try to take out time. Apart from praying daily, I used to take out time on Fridays after work, sleep till 4 and then just stay on my knees in my room singing and praying in the Spirit. Needless to say, the effect was tremendous. I used to do that every week (something happened so I kind of stopped but I'll revisit praying this way soonest). I'll recommend 2 books and you may have come across them, a) 3 Most important things in your life by Mike Murdock where he detailed his experience of how he first encountered the presence of God. For him, consistency in taking out time daily to fellowship with the Holy Spirit was crucial. He recounted that God honoured his consistency and showed up

b) Listening Prayer by Mary Ruth Swope: Very powerful book as well

3. How God speaks: sometimes spectacular at other times not so spectacular. I remember once when I was so passionate about the things of God, I began to ask Him what He wanted me to do and that I didn't mind doing anything He required me to do even if it entailed full time ministry. As I was reading the scriptures, a passage seemed to jump out of its page right before me which read, "And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron" (Hebrews 5:4). The crux of that message was no one takes that decision by him or herself to Shepherd the children of God in the capacity of a full time pastor but God is the One that calls into the ministry.

I know how much I was guided by this seemingly unspectacular message.

There was another time, I was almost late for work and I was rushing to get out of the house. I don't take my laptop or flash to the office but on this day, as I was about to head out, I just heard within me, 'your flash' and I didn't understand so I ignored the prompt. But I kept 'hearing' the same thing, 'your flash'. I argued, why would I take my flash drive when I don't use it in the office so I shoved any the 'thought'. My door used to be very difficult to open back then, and this was obviously what the Holy Spirit was trying to get me to avoid but I wasn't sensitive enough to realize it was Him. I left the room and locked my door and in seconds, I got a call from my best friend then. His words, "abeg chrmn1 (not my real name, of course), bring your flash abeg it's very crucial...thanks". I had to go through the rigours of opening the door again and trust me, this time it was as if the door decided that I wouldn't open it that day. I just highlighted the 2 scenarios to point out that He talks to us in diverse ways but if you've trained yourself to hear him and respond quickly enough you begin to master the art. The easier it gets as you go along. It's just like hearing somebody speak whom you don't know, you won't know who's talking but if your best friend should call your name, you'd easily recognize his/her voice even if you can't see his/her face. That's how it is with learning to hear the guide within.

4. Just like with every art, you only get perfect by practice. You see you're not abdicating your responsibility to make decisions in your personal life by following the direction of the Holy Spirit. For every good plan you have, He has a better one. You must realize that. Apostle Paul was going to win souls in Asia when He was restrained by the inner guide. That was his (Paul's) plan. See its a partnership and I can show you countless scriptures that supports this point. Proverbs 16:9 says, "the heart of a man devices (plans) his way but the Lord directs his steps. It's a partnership so you're not standing like a pole and saying "Holy Ghost blow me to the right else I won't move". No you don't do that because you've got to live life to the fullest. You just need to pay attention to seeking His manifest presence in your life and to sharpen the your hearing from Him. He says, "He's a rewarder of they that DILIGENTLY seek Him." Let me break down the word diligently. As a starter, if you plan to do 2 hours everyday and you made it on Sunday but didn't make it on Monday, so you continued on Tuesday, it's not ideal that way. God won't be annoyed with you but it's a training you need to undergo just like the training a guy would need to undergo at the gym to grow muscles. So if you badly want to hear from Him, diligence is very key. Mike Murdock touched on this beautifully. It's a partnership. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He'll direct your paths.

So just live your life to the full, learn to seek the face of God on a consistent basis, He'll guide you in unspectacular ways but you need to pass that test by responding promptly. As you do He can trust you with more spectacular leadings and as you practice the art you become skilled at it.

Hope I answered at least a couple of your questions.

Good night dearie

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Of Proverbs / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED.. / Does The Christian God Actually Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.