Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Miranda Episode 1 - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Miranda Episode 1 (723 Views)

The Fame (episode 1) / (episode 1) Memoirs Of A Lagos Runs Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miranda Episode 1 by Sandra23(f): 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2016
Miranda. episode 1

O M G ! This place is certainly larger than I imagined. Too many activities were happening at a time. People rushing off to various classes, girls laughing loud, others showing PDA (public display of affection). I felt so lost.
I had no friend to inform me of when registration begun fully and it was two weeks overdue. I messed up forming 'miss solo'
Whew! I was finally done with a phase and decided to get a bottle of water at the cafeteria. As I walked in, a table of 3 guys seemed in such a haste. They almost swallowed their plates in a hurry. I chuckled. 'University of Kareo was truly a place to be'.

S N A P !!
I remembered I was directed to the library to get a list of books I would be needing. It was also an opportunity to take a good look at them. The library wasn't so close but at least I knew it'll be less noisy.
An arrow pointed to the receptionist's table, I got the list and decided to quickly peer at them before leaving.
Passing two shelves and I couldn't still recognise any book on the list. I was getting tired. I immediately took interest in the book titled '101 answers for singles' they say 'like attracts like' I had been single for so long I forgot what it entails to be in a relationship.
Trying to take out the book, five others fell to the ground. Shit! I earned the attention I didn't ask for. I felt embarrassed. It was such an awkward moment.
I knew people were staring at me. But this particular gaze felt intact, I looked back at them, I mean him. This guy was FINE. A normal eye contact wouldn't take more than 10 seconds but this glance was intense. He knew I knew he was staring. It was intentional.
"I'm sure he thinks I'm stupid' I said to myself. I quickly stood up and searched for a book in my bag. I needed to be distracted, thank goodness I found. I swiftly wrote the title of the book so I could purchase next time. "Should I walk quickly out of here"? "No this fine boy wouldn't only think I'm stupid but a total slowpoke". I decided to walk 'normally'

To my surprise "Mr fine boy" had already packed his books ready to leave while I was conversing with myself. I felt bliss in my heart. "was he coming to meet me"? this is more than a coincidence. I decided to drag my feet a bit so we could hook up at the exit like in those nollywood movies.
"Excuse me please" his voice couldn't be described as 'deep' it was 'INTENSE'. I took a moment before turning back only to hear, "Are you staying back or leaving? I'll like to pass". Bleep! I hurriedly moved....

http://sandraakaelu..com/2015/12/miranda-episode-1.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Miranda Episode 1 by Sandra23(f): 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
Miranda. episode 2

Resuming late was truly terrible. But Miranda Anukwe had to get a place to stay. I finally got a mini apartment with two rooms ; two beds in each, meaning two girls in each room. Each room had a single toilet & bathroom but we all shared a kitchen located outside the rooms.

I didn't care who my roommate was but I only hoped she could mind her business and take a shower always. I couldn't bear body odour.
I had an average family of two girls and two guys. Being the first kid wasn't so exciting as my siblings were still little atleast they were to my parents. We didn't live in luxury, we only ever got what we genuinely needed.
My parents finally paid for the apartment and I moved in two days later. I thought of going in to ask for help "what if I'm snubbed?" "Its better I carry them myself since its not so heavy" yes, I had just a medium sized box with two fancy bags. Maybe not so fancy but they were the finest bags at home.
I entered the room and it felt crowded. Apparently, my roommate possessed over 4 boxes with bags lying here and there. I felt intimidated.
I walked quickly to my bedside to drop my bags, although my eyes were still on her beautiful belongings.
"Hello, what's your name?"
"I'm Mira, I mean Miranda. I didn't notice I was stammering
"Yours?"
"Oh I'm Pepe"
I swear I heard 'pepper', this world is really something else. Why would a parent name a child 'pepper' I said to myself.
"Nice meeting you pepper"
She laughed really loud, I wondered what seemed so funny until she said "its pepe" such a dimwit I was.
"I'm so sorry pepe, but are all these yours?"
"Well, yes. I couldn't bring all my stuff, it was really difficult finding a good place and this happens to be smaller than I expected". Did I hear smaller? This was enough for my parents or maybe their pockets.
Pepe looked like a really big girl. She was more than 20 years of age, I knew that for sure. But nowadays no one could ever tell. I was going to be 19 in a few months but my family friends never believed. Even my high school friends thought I was older.
Our friendship was rapid. She seemed like a really cool babe. I immediately forgot my 'driving solo' principle and stood by my luggage gisting. Pepe was obviously a talkative, she said a millon things within a minute.
The stuff that came out of Pepe's mouth were unbelievable. But who was I to doubt her? She looked every bit of her words. She claimed to have visited the UK, the U.S, Canada, Germany, Italy and Dubai just within four months. Is this babe a pilot?
I had only been to Dubai for about two weeks during my grade 10 holidays. My favourite aunt took me along with her kids since her husband was never around, I took his space on this trip. I didn't talk a lot about this travelling subject before I fumble.
Pepe invited me to sit on her bed since it was already laid, I didn't notice I had been standing for about an hour. She received a call and stood up to pick her phone at the charging spot, she looked pretty excited by the call.
Immediately she was done, she said "That's my latest guy. He'll soon be coming to take me out for dinner, I'm so hungry. She came back to sit and was going through her phone.
"Eh hen these are the shoes I spoke about"
What was that stink? I wasn't sure if it smelt like a soak away, a gutter or spoilt beans. The odour was terrible.
"Its trending now" she eventually said
I almost threw up , it was 'Pepe's mouth'
"You can go through"....

http://sandraakaelu..com/2015/12/miranda-episode-2.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miranda Episode 1 by Sandra23(f): 11:20pm On Nov 18, 2016
Miranda. Episode 3

Mouth odour was my least expectation, at least not from a grown up like pepe. I began offering her minty gum frequently since it was an embarrassing thing to tell especially as we just became friends and roomies.
School seemed longer & boring on this particular Friday, classes weren't the bit intriguing. My classes ended at 3 and I had plans to sleep till the next day, it'll do me some good.
Entering the room, Pepe looked disorganized, she had things basically everywhere even on the bathroom floor.
"What's wrong?"

"Babe what's up, I'm searching for a short dress"
"What short dress? I mean what colour?"
"Its a black short confam dress, when you see it you'll know"
I had the particular dress out after looking into the 4th box.
"Considering having too many things, you have to separate them properly"
"I know mehn, no time oh! Are you interested in a party tonight" I paid little attention as I was taking my clothes off but I picked up the word 'party'
"Come and groove now, it'll be live"
The last party I attended was my high school prom and since I was such a wreck on the dance floor, I had little fun. In addition, my silly date decided to have a fever on that same night. My only consolation were the pictures I took.
"Are you inviting me to a party?"
"Yes now! One of my friends is hosting us, don't worry we'll stay at the VIP lounge" Did I hear us? Does this girl know the whole world? As each day passed, Pepe sounded more like a love-vendor. She always mentioned "I'll settle you" to most girls that visited our room, cause there were a lot of them who visited. They always came in bunches looking like breast feeding mothers.
I felt like my social life was below 0, I sure needed some spice. I put on a normal jean and my favourite blouse but Pepe didn't find it attractive. She searched through her things and offered another blouse, it was too pretty to reject. It showed a bit of cleavage but I didn't care after all it was a partyy.
Maylynn club, that's what I heard at the entrance, it was packed up. Within 10minutes Pepe was nowhere to be found. After an hour she returned with about 15 girls assigning them to different tables. These tables comprised of big bald headed and fat belled men. Most were on sun glasses, I didn't understand this trend but their heads were the source of concern. The A+ Pepe couldn't get at brushing, she got it at pimping. You go girl!!
"Mira baby won't you dance? You've been sitting all night. Its a party not a church service" well she had a point but how was I supposed to dance?
I gathered courage and stood moving to the booming mix from the DJ. I didn't move so much before I misbehave. Pepe whispered something to me, I couldn't hear properly but I certainly heard 'man' and 'look'. She repeated herself..
"That man likes you, he has been looking since we got in"
"No pepe I didn't come for anyone" At this point I began shouting, the DJ had had too much to drink
"Are you a baby? Have some fun tonight". I detested being called a baby, the disappointment I got from 'fine boy' swiftly crossed my mind "stupid boy, maybe a man would treat me better" I said to myself. The man came along..
He smelt familiar, I mean his perfume. I couldn't place it considering the fact that many people smell alike. He had sunglasses on like the other men but he wasn't totally bald like the rest. His voice seemed shady, it was unclear. It was more like he suffered from a severe cough "That's the way big men talk" I said to myself
He noticed I could barely hear much then he said "let's go baby"
I turned to Pepe, she gave me the go ahead with a wink, I felt better and safer. But deep down, I was fearful.
He chuckled for about 10 minutes before saying from the bathroom "All I want is a nice scrub on my back" was this man expecting me to get in the shower with him? I wasn't a virgin but he certainly wasn't my type.
I got carried away with the fashion magazine, it had my favourite celebrities in it.
"Are you ready for papilo?" I thought I heard someone else till I turned and saw his whole regalia off. Yes, I started looking from the bottom
"Uncle Nnamdi!!!" it was my favorite Aunt's husband
"Call me papilo not uncle" I fainted...

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/01/miranda-episode-3.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Miranda Episode 1 by StarBukola(f): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
Sandra23:
http://sandraakaelu..com/2015/12/miranda-episode-1.html
dear just an advice n pls don't take it d wrong way, pls next time, just give us d tips of the iceberg,.after wish we can read d rest on ur blog. sorry if that sound bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miranda Episode 1 by Sandra23(f): 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Miranda Episode 1 by StarMogul(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2016
StarBukola:
dear just an advice n pls don't take it d wrong way, pls next time, just give us d tips of the iceberg,.after wish we can read d rest on ur blog. sorry if that sound bad
You are right my sister,wonderful story nonetheless. KEEP IT UP......
Re: Miranda Episode 1 by Sandra23(f): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Need An Experienced Content Writer? Call Me 08033422206 / Professional Writer Needed ASAP! / Photography And Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.