Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj (3246 Views)

LOL! See The Funny Look On Dbanj's Face When He Saw May D's Braids / Insight & Review On Dbanj DKM Album / VIDEO: Wizkid Finally Talks About His New Record Label 'STARBOY ENTERTAINMENT' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Jessicablo(f): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2009
i think this is not fair but yet alban shoudl know procedures if you not really close with a fellow artist.

http://tnbfocus..com/2009/11/alban-speaks-up-on-dbanj.html
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
Whoever wrote the piece of trash needs to spend sometime in school.

Secondly, Dr Alban. . . . . .well, . . . . .i reserve my comment
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by punchlinee: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2009
jessicablo u seem to be jobless,
why dont u get a bigdiik to shove up ur pusssi instead ,
beleieve me u will enjoy that instead of spamming these thread.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Jessicablo(f): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2009
@yeah punchlinee come sholve it up your mama's pusssi

@mr imo, i wrote it, its obvious someone with goood education like you should talk with some brain in his head.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Genuflect(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2009
What was the point of that piece? He was just told to see D'banj's manager, na why im come dey vex? International act? Like say D'banj too no be international act
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 11, 2009
joblessness in d air, lol
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by tayoast(m): 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
So, D'Banj shd av jumped @ his suggestion? Bunch of bulls!!!
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by bufflevy: 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
d'banj and dr alban are not age mates, neither are they mates in music .D'banj is local Dr alban is international it is a priviledge for d'banj to even sing with Dr alban.Protocol what the Bleep is protocol if it was ludacris or lil wayne or any american musician for that matter that is not as big as dr alban (dr alban has sold 16 million albums more than both this artists)will he have told them to follow protocol.The long and short of it is that nigerians we dont appreciate ourselves Dr alban is regarded as a legend in europe.If u fools dont believe me just go to youtube and see the millions of views he has.dr alban collects 80,000 euros per show how much does D'BANJ collect per show 2 million naira.Dr alban has not released an album in almost 7 years yet he has no less than 6 shows a month now you do the math.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Genuflect(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
@bufflevy And your point is,
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by bufflevy: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2009
dummy my point is how can d'banj tell a whole dr alban to call his manager its an insult .imagine micheal jackson calling neyo for a collabo and he says call my manager is that not an insult.so i believe dr alban is right that d'banj has an attitude problem.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Genuflect(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2009
@bufflevy Your point is still invalid. You might not have noticed but Dr. Alban doesn't really shack an average Nigerian. So D'banj prolly looked at it from the business perspective and let the dude go. And dude who the Bleep are you to call me a dummy? Respect yourself!
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by bufflevy: 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
Bros no vex!! .I agree you are right by saying from the business perspective and shit, but respect needs to be given to those who deserve it.I agree with you Dr alban does not freak the average nigerian but the average european till date .He is one of our greatest Musical exports i say all this not because i am his hardcore fan but because i was in europe in the 1990s when he was dominating and know he was patriotic in his music at least shouting out nigeria in interviews even when most europeans thought he was from sweden.Dr alban deserves respect l,he is no more in his prime i agree but still respect needs to be given to those that deserve it.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Genuflect(m): 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2009
I understand your explanation, bros. Dude deserves respect
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by mbulela: 4:03am On Nov 17, 2009
i am no fan of Dbanj (despite listenig to his music) and my opinion on him is well noted on this site.
however, all this talk about Alban being a legend in Europe is utter crap.
Alban was popular in sweden (ordinary sweden) and a little bit in the rest o the UK for about a year or two.
since then,he has gone under music wise.
the name and fame he build is not big enough for him to live on or over a decade or so after.
whoever is claiming he has 6 shows a month should either show proof or retract such.
i hope the shows does not include playing in some of these run down night clubs around red light districts?
who is Alban not to call his manager?
if he was really serious and had such a ragile ego, he should have gone through Charly boy his cousin.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by timmynaija(m): 9:55am On Nov 17, 2009
I think i have to come in here and leave a reply to no one but to what i know, No1 Sweden is not common as one said in the replies i read,is one of Europe super powers and the highest in tech in the whole of Europe even if its population is 10million people with land space of 1.1 million Square metre.
Am not a fan of Dr Alban but I have met him once in Stocholm while i was at his night club.

The few things i know about Albans show are this, he does not play in small night clubs or tiny places some artists performs and claim to have performed in this and that country as they claim, Albam is one of this artists that catch the eye of the average European and never the less at a time he refuse to mention the country he comes from.
Even if his music dont impact the average Nigerian he still makes impact to the world and Europe most especially and not just Sweden.

Dbanj is a legend of our time and Alban was in his prime but till this day he still have a perfect crowed of over 10000 pr more during concerts in Europe till date,same as Femi Kuti is got here in the Scandinavia making his the second Nigerian to pull the highest crowed in concerts after Alban.

This are facts because alban sold over 14million albums.
SEE A FEW FROM WIKI ONLINE BIO ATLEAST NOT CREATED BY A NIGERIAN

In 1990, he met with Denniz Pop from the SweMix label. Together with Denniz and Rap-Queen Leila K, his first record, "Hello Africa" - his declaration of love for his African home - broke all records. Alban Xhezair Nwapa took the stage name Dr. Alban, a nod to his dental studies. His debut album Hello Africa sold roughly 1 million copies worldwide.[citation needed]

One year later this success was surpassed by the second album One Love. 1.6 million singles of the song "It's My Life" were sold (the single was even used as background music for a Tampax advert). It was #1 in the Netherlands, Israel and Germany and #2 in the UK. The following single "One Love" was #5 in Israel. The album immediately sold over 1.7 million units. Then followed the albums Look Who's Talking and Born In Africa. All in all, Dr. Alban has racked up worldwide sales of over 5 million albums and over 6 million singles, which resulted in 7 times Silver, 30 times Gold and 30 times Platinum. His hit single "No Coke" was used to illustrate an anti-drugs campaign in Sweden. The single "Sing Hallelujah" reached #5 in Israel.

After a re-release of "No Coke", Dr. Alban confirmed his Euro dance style with his hit "Look Who's Talking", which reached #4 in Israel, #6 at MTV Europe, and #54 in UK. "Let The Beat Go On" was #12 in Israel, and #12 at MTV9.

READ MORE HERE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban AND LET NIGERIA STOP THIS ARGUEMENT
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by bufflevy: 11:43am On Nov 17, 2009
Thank God for the internet so we can shut this stupid ignorant Nigerians that know nothing .if you dont believe what i said about shows and look at the thousands of his shows uploaded by his varous fans on youtube.I dont need to speak much as the internet is here youtube came out in 2005 yet look at Dr albans views if he is a forgotten artist how come ITS MY LIFE has 8 million views SING HALLELUYAH 5 MILLION VIEWS NO COKE 4MILLION VIEWS and this songs came out 17 years ago long before youtube, D'BANJ highest views even though youtube came out in his generation is 80,000 views bros statistics speak for themselves.Go to wikipedia and click its my life and you will see how he topped the charts in racist european countries in the early 1990s when white thought we where monkeys. As for sweden hope you know Sweden was not ordinary in the 1990s it was third only to USA and Uk IN most music exports by a country,look at artist like Ace of Base,Roxette (in case you dont know them they sang the classic song it must have been love but is over now).Do u ignorant guys know that dr albans manager,producer (dennizpop) record label and studio is the same studio that discovered britney spears(Baby one more time album),backstreet boys (millennium,black and blue) and N syncs first two albums .Backstreet boys released their first four albums from Cherion studios and also pink first album.if dont believe me look at the link below in 1995 at Dr albans peak in front of 90,000 french fans can d'banj pull half of that even now.The irony of all this that D'banj was in uk and could not succeed in the music industry and ran back to nigeria ,but Dr alban did not run away like all this cowardly nigerian artists but chose to conquer europe and he did so successfully he has a NO 1 song in Uk for your information.D'banj is a Local artist simple .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK7PLV-1kb4
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by mbulela: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2009
i repeat, i am no fan of Dbanj but the fact remains that Alban is not Michael Jackson.
If he and Dbanj have no previous history and Dbanj probably does not even know jack about him, why not use official means?
like i suggested earlier,using his cousin Charly Boy would have had the much needed impact.
You can bet that Dbanj will never tell charly boy to call his manager, even if he smoked all the weed in lagos.
Yet it is an incontestable fact that Charly Boy is no where near a star as Alban.
I just don't see the reason for Alban's anger.
and for those querying Dbanj,while he might have been ignorant, it is not like he offended God.It is just Dr. Alban.
And i repeat, in Euro music, Sweden is no where as big a stage as the UK.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Abagworo(m): 2:04pm On Nov 18, 2009
timmynaija:

Dbanj is a legend of our time and Alban was in his prime but till this day he still have a perfect crowed of over 10000 pr more during concerts in Europe till date,same as Femi Kuti is got here in the Scandinavia making his the second Nigerian to pull the highest crowed in concerts after Alban.

This are facts because alban sold over 14million albums.
SEE A FEW FROM WIKI ONLINE BIO ATLEAST NOT CREATED BY A NIGERIAN

In 1990, he met with Denniz Pop from the SweMix label. Together with Denniz and Rap-Queen Leila K, his first record, "Hello Africa" - his declaration of love for his African home - broke all records. Alban Xhezair Nwapa took the stage name Dr. Alban, a nod to his dental studies. His debut album Hello Africa sold roughly 1 million copies worldwide.[citation needed]

One year later this success was surpassed by the second album One Love. 1.6 million singles of the song "It's My Life" were sold (the single was even used as background music for a Tampax advert). It was #1 in the Netherlands, Israel and Germany and #2 in the UK. The following single "One Love" was #5 in Israel. The album immediately sold over 1.7 million units. Then followed the albums Look Who's Talking and Born In Africa. All in all, Dr. Alban has racked up worldwide sales of over 5 million albums and over 6 million singles, which resulted in 7 times Silver, 30 times Gold and 30 times Platinum. His hit single "No Coke" was used to illustrate an anti-drugs campaign in Sweden. The single "Sing Hallelujah" reached #5 in Israel.

After a re-release of "No Coke", Dr. Alban confirmed his Euro dance style with his hit "Look Who's Talking", which reached #4 in Israel, #6 at MTV Europe, and #54 in UK. "Let The Beat Go On" was #12 in Israel, and #12 at MTV9.

READ MORE HERE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Alban AND LET NIGERIA STOP THIS ARGUEMENT

@bolded.i'm in total disagreement.what is dbanj's messages?
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by jarhead: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2009
ignorance is bliss, ill rather play a dbanj album to brighten my day than some old dr alban record , no matter wat the dude has sold in europe , dis na naija
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by jayflex: 3:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
I cant believe some of the stuff I'm reading here. Little d'banj shows disrespect to Dr. alban and ppl are justifying it. Damn. maybe y'all are 18 years old or something, if so i dont blame you,but I was old enough to groove Dr. alban's music and i tell you he was the MAN!!

When MTV wasnt too open to black music his mega hits like ''its my life'' and ''hello africa'' were rocking Europe and getting mega air and club play and sales as far back as 1991. unfortunately we Nigerians have a problem with our values. you make a little money, get some fame,have unilag chicks screaming your name and suddenly you're a god. I cant imagine Tic tac (Ghana) being rude to Reggie Rockstone or the hottest senegalese artiste now being rude to youssou n'dour. Thats madness in a sane society
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Mortiple(m): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
IMO, there is no basis for comparison between (the World-famous) Dr Alban and DBanj (at least, in the meantime).  All I am saying: both men are not in the same pedestal musically.  Evidences that we all can see, say so.

Besides, Dr Alban makes sense to me lyrically than the Koko Master.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by bufflevy: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2009
i repeat, i am no fan of Dbanj but the fact remains that Alban is not Michael Jackson.
If he and Dbanj have no previous history and Dbanj probably does not even know jack about him, why not use official means?
like i suggested earlier,using his cousin Charly Boy would have had the much needed impact.
You can bet that Dbanj will never tell charly boy to call his manager, even if he smoked all the weed in lagos.
Yet it is an incontestable fact that Charly Boy is no where near a star as Alban.
I just don't see the reason for Alban's anger.
and for those querying Dbanj,while he might have been ignorant, it is not like he offended God.It is just Dr. Alban.
And i repeat, in Euro music, Sweden is no where as big a stage as the UK.
[quote][/quote]

Like i said earlier but i am not comparing them Dr Alban and Micheal Jackson.I think the comparison is justified for Dr Alban and D'banj the problem is Most Nigerians are myopic and ignorant for you to even say what you said above shows that you know nothing of the music industry in europe .sweden was at a point second only to the Usa in music Exports in the late 80s the early 1990s thank God for the internet do your reseach so sweden is not ordinary .D'banj is arrogant accept the fact so because Mohammed Ali is fragile now and is no more a world champion does it justify anyone to disrespect him or insult him.I know Dr Alban bleeped up by going so low to approach D'banj but at least i am surprised that people are supporting this act of Arrogance and disrespect on a Legend.When 50 cent disrespected Whitney houston American rose up to condemn him but it is only in nigeria where we dont appreciate the sweat of our heros past will open their fucking mouth to praise D'banj.Dr Alban opened doors for D'banj whether you like it or not the Mtv Award D'banj is Making noise about happened because of the sweat of his predecessors who where on made Mtv Believe we are worth having a Channel and an award .in the late 80s when the only black person on Mtv was Micheal jackson Dr Alban broke barriers with a song Called Hello Afrika which was heavily played on Mtv as well as its my life Praising Afrika in his African Accent and AFrikan Beat not like MO hits and co copying Americans.This and Nigerian Comments supporting D'banj can make the upcoming Generation lose faith in our country as it like Nigerians are like Groupies only with when you are hot and when you are not some rat can disrespect and they open their mouth as say serves you right it sad no wonder we dont have role models and Good leaders.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by chronique(m): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
it's only those who do not know music and haven't been following music for a long time that will say dr alban should call d'banj's manager. if d'banj claims he doesn't know dr alban,then i think he's a disgrace to this country. now imagine d'banj being in the uk and being asked questions about dr alban and he replies and says he doesn't know him;what do you think the media would call him? maybe someone will tell me because dr alban doesn't live in nigeria. or maybe d'banj was attending deeper life those years dr alban had hit songs and never got to watch any of his videos cos tv was forbidden. i think he has attitude problem and that's why he lost that glo deal. our naija acts should go and work on their attitude.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by cherisa: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
sharap there chronique
when dbanj was a nobody if he asks for a collabo with dr alban will dr alban not proof foolish levels.
there is nothing wrong in dbanj action , dbanj is a professional , everything should be kept professional
, dr alban should talk to his manager !. if he has a problem talking to dbanj manager then he should gerrout .
TO BE HONEST I NEVER HEARD OF DR ALBAN EXCEPT WHEN I WAS IN SWEDEN
DR ALBAN IS RUDE FOR SAYING DBANJ IS RUDE. ARRANT NONSENSE, FOR UR INFO DBANJ NO SEND DR ALBAN.
who the Bleep is dr alban
COLLABO KO, CALABAR NI.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by mbulela: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
Like i said earlier but i am not comparing them Dr Alban and Micheal Jackson.I think the comparison is justified for Dr Alban and D'banj the problem is Most Nigerians are myopic and ignorant for you to even say what you said above shows that you know nothing of the music industry in europe .sweden was at a point second only to the Usa in music Exports in the late 80s the early 1990s thank God for the internet do your reseach so sweden is not ordinary .D'banj is arrogant accept the fact so because Mohammed Ali is fragile now and is no more a world champion does it justify anyone to disrespect him or insult him.I know Dr Alban bleeped up by going so low to approach D'banj but at least i am surprised that people are supporting this act of Arrogance and disrespect on a Legend.When 50 cent disrespected Whitney houston American rose up to condemn him but it is only in nigeria where we dont appreciate the sweat of our heros past will open their fucking mouth to praise D'banj.Dr Alban opened doors for D'banj whether you like it or not the Mtv Award D'banj is Making noise about happened because of the sweat of his predecessors who where on made Mtv Believe we are worth having a Channel and an award .in the late 80s when the only black person on Mtv was Micheal jackson Dr Alban broke barriers with a song Called Hello Afrika which was heavily played on Mtv as well as its my life Praising Afrika in his African Accent and AFrikan Beat not like MO hits and co copying Americans.This and Nigerian Comments supporting D'banj can make the upcoming Generation lose faith in our country as it like Nigerians are like Groupies only with when you are hot and when you are not some rat can disrespect and they open their mouth as say serves you right it sad no wonder we dont have role models and Good leaders.

[quote][/quote]

dude, since you cannot have a discussion without resorting to insults and swears, i do not wish to continue this exchange with you.
I guess dbanj should send a delegation headed by the information and culture minister to go and beg Alban.
whatever,
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by cherisa: 5:52am On Nov 19, 2009
mbulela:

[/b].Dr Alban opened doors for D'banj
whether you like it or not the Mtv Award D'banj is Making noise about happened because of the sweat of his predecessors

SEE HYPOCRITE , WHICH DOORS HE OPEN??
WHICH SWEAT? SEE HYPOCRET
BEFORE DR ALBAN STARTING SINGNG IN SWEDEN DIDNT EBENEZER OBEY SING AND SUNNY ADE EVEN SHINA PETERS!
SO WHY WOULD U SAY ANYBODY OPEN DOOR, THEY CLOSE THE DOOR BEFORE
HE DOESNT WANT TO DO A COLLABO
SEE HIS MANAGER
NA BY FORCE
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by orlean: 8:01am On Nov 19, 2009
d'banj yo

be Bleep up oo.i think d'banj should swallow his pride and apologise to dr alban.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by orlean: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2009
i think alban behaved immaturely by doing that, he knows the rule of the game, let him follow it. if he wants a collabo with d'banj let him follow the normal protocol.
ALBAN, take it or leave it, D'banj is africa's best.
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by Genuflect(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2009
@orlean Dude, are you bipolar or something?
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by tayoast(m): 12:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
The Alban guy is UNPOPULAR!!

Talk of standards, D'Banj ain't his mate!!!!
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by AloyEmeka6: 2:54am On Nov 20, 2009
[img]http://iloapp.dralban.de/blog/blog?ShowFile&image=m1234749590.jpg[/img]
Dr Alban

Omo new singles with Charlie is banging. check out his site below. Carolina remix and work work Africa remix [/b]and [b]habib . The comments are only from European oyibos.

http://www.dralban.net/
Re: Alban Finally Talks On Dbanj by AloyEmeka6: 2:58am On Nov 20, 2009
tayo_ast:

The Alban guy is UNPOPULAR!!

Talk of standards, D'Banj ain't his mate!!!!

Guy check his youtube videos hit and see how popular he is . He is not popular among Africans for sure like dbanj but oyibo like his music well well.  I saw his last performance in ex swedish star , Thomas Brolin's club and respected the guy. Dr Alban no dey hang around with akara boys like Dbanj o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Songs From The Much Expected Double Album From 9ice "Bashorun Gaa & Versus" / Download Zlatan - Glory (instrumental) / A Nairaland Battle Rapper Releases His Debut Single. Download And Listen!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.