Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan (4257 Views)

First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days / Dpk In Storage @ N74 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by sayso: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2009
anoda tori,in 9ja we trust
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by coolG: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
Posted by: Remii
Insert Quote
Quote from: dkings101 on Today at 12:44:12 AM
He can open tat his smelling mouth to say "Shareholders of the eight banks as automatically lost there investors" then what happen to first bank investor. Now every1 can see that is approach for the sacking of the Bank CEO was political and northern agenda. He even had skeleton in his cupboard and he is worried about others. Pls make una no forfeit my money oo if una no wan make God punish una. Stupid CBN and Nigerian Govt, mess up Nigeria and there ideology.

My friend if you had bought Oceanic, UBN, Afribank, ICB and PHB shares at N22, N30, N22, N34, N17 respectively and they are all worth less that N2 now, when do you hope to recoup your investment. Meanwhile  FBN, GTB etc are are doing good and paying dividends so let be object and alllow some people to fix this Quatry (country)  We complain of bad government and underdevelopment but abhor harsh realities.

Maybe you should start by asking when will the investors who purchased First Bank shares at over 50 and 60 naira recoup their investments? If you answer that question, that will be true for other investors holding the shares of the banks you stated above. By the way, where did you see those shares trading less than 2 naira? I do not think any of those bank's shares is trading for less than 3 naira. I hope you did not intentionally misstate the share prices for the purpose of your argument.
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by oge4real(f): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2009
Yet, they passed Sanusi's scrutiny.
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by coolG: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
danvik:

All banks in Nigeria and all over d world hav bad loans, it's not somethin to be cried over, it's how it's being managed dat we shld be concerned about, i think First Bank shld be given kudo for wat they did, it's about the most honest bank in d country as it is and quite profitable too, despite all dis u need to know the quality of the dividend the Bank recently shared, it's d greatest Bank in Naija as of today, and next year wld be quite awesome for the Bank, d opportunity is boundless,  wink

On what basis did you form the opinion that First Bank is the most honest bank? Do you know any of the current 5 biggest bank in Nigeria that has ended the current financial year and did not pay dividend? Are you privy to any of First Bank's corporate and business strategies that gives you insight that next year would be awesome and opportunities is boundless?
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by semid4lyfe(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
All this one wey una dey talk na 'tales by moonlight'. Make una ask Tuface, im go tell u the simple truth - Nobody holy pass.

SANUSI = Ibru = Adigwe = Ojo = Akingbola = Atuche etc
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by Remii(m): 1:27am On Nov 07, 2009
coolG:

quote from: dkings101 on Today at 12:44:12 AM
Maybe you should start by asking when will the investors who purchased First Bank shares at over 50 and 60 naira recoup their investments? If you answer that question, that will be true for other investors holding the shares of the banks you stated above. By the way, where did you see those shares trading less than 2 naira? I do not think any of those bank's shares is trading for less than 3 naira. I hope you did not intentionally misstate the share prices for the purpose of your argument.

FBN did not drop from N60 to present value, since then they have given divided of N1.2, N1, and N1.35 respectively. They have given also bonuses of 1 for 4 and 1 for 6. At current price of N14 your N60 shares of 2007 is about N45 now which means you could get your money if you sold at N20, this is possible and I mean very soon. Remember also that when FBN was N60 the likes of Oceanic was at N38 and ICB was N44, PHB was N28, while Oceanic has given N1.20 since then and only 1 for 10 with no bonus this year (yet to be effected though), ICB has not given anything till it dropped to present near valuelessness.
I have shares of these people and I can tell you they dealt with us shareholders big time.
Re: First Bank Reports N74 Billion Bad Loan by slimes(m): 11:33am On Nov 07, 2009
This signifies years of adulterated audit reports garnished by fraudulent activities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Original Sumec Generator / How To Become A Distributor Of A Fast Moving Product With 10,000 / Websites, Apps And Accounts OTP Verification Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.