Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? (934 Views)

Why Is Sacrifice Made Before Burying Someone That Drowned? / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Masquerade That Was Killed In Active Service In Akwa Ibom Buried By Masquerade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by lameda07: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2016
I have been confronted with this question many times without much scriptural or moral justification but observed that such practice seems universal.

Please assist with verifiable reason(s) why such happens.
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by CoolFreeday(m): 8:21am On Nov 19, 2016
interesting question!
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by cornoil(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Na so we meet am, na tradition. Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar.
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by AfroMighty(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2016
What I learnt according to we Yoruba's believe is to avoid such occurrence again in the family or town so that is why the dead body is buried by the river where it get drowned
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by lameda07: 1:45am On Nov 20, 2016
I think it is beyond that. Let's do a little research further.

cornoil:
Na so we meet am, na tradition. Give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar.
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by lameda07: 1:51am On Nov 20, 2016
AfroMighty:
What I learnt according to we Yoruba's believe is to avoid such occurrence again in the family or town so that is why the dead body is buried by the river where it get drowned

I would rather we see beyond Yoruba's.. as someone already Posited that it's about prevention of regular flood which I don't see any logic in that.

Do remember that this practice is the standard globally.
Re: Why Are Drowned Victims Buried By Seaside? by lameda07: 1:52am On Nov 20, 2016
Where are the elders of the land

(1) (Reply)

The Yoruba And Their Fungi / 8 Unbelievable Love And Marriage Customs Of The World / How Much Do You Know About Your Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.