Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Bloggers Watch It, You Can Be Sued To Death Literally - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Bloggers Watch It, You Can Be Sued To Death Literally (424 Views)

Let Watch It Grow, Glow And Flow / It's A Must To Watch It And See Life Reality / How I Made 200$ For Doing Nothing (literally) From My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Watch It, You Can Be Sued To Death Literally by MakeADifference: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2016
I just want to sound a note of warning to people who post anything anyhow.

An example is one post in which church-run universities were said to charge outrageous amounts and that members couldn't afford etc. I was expecting to see millions as fees. Without stress I can mention private universities in Nigerian charging 3x what the listed universities were charging.

Those who wrote that post should be lucky the churches involved are nice or don't care about 'irritants'.

I currently have a situation where someone posted about a university (not in Nigeria). The newspaper has now been sued by the varsity for $50m. Simple story that the university had non-accredited courses has led to a court battle. Can't give more details.

One thing you should know is that when you are sued, it may not even be to win the case. It may only be to make you sweat.

Aside lawsuits, you may be unlucky to have an opportunity in these universities in future. Remember the man who protested at the gates of the National Assembly, calling for scrapping the Senate. Not long after he was there to face screening for a position and you can be sure he now regrets his earlier actions.

Steer clear of baseless assertions. It would hurt you one day.
Re: Bloggers Watch It, You Can Be Sued To Death Literally by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2016
True Talk Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Watch It, You Can Be Sued To Death Literally by Onyejemechimere(m): 9:48am On Nov 19, 2016
MakeADifference:
I just want to sound a note of warning to people who post anything anyhow.

An example is one post in which church-run universities were said to charge outrageous amounts and that members couldn't afford etc. I was expecting to see millions as fees. Without stress I can mention private universities in Nigerian charging 3x what the listed universities were charging.

Those who wrote that post should be lucky the churches involved are nice or don't care about 'irritants'.

I currently have a situation where someone posted about a university (not in Nigeria). The newspaper has now been sued by the varsity for $50m. Simple story that the university had non-accredited courses has led to a court battle. Can't give more details.

One thing you should know is that when you are sued, it may not even be to win the case. It may only be to make you sweat.

Aside lawsuits, you may be unlucky to have an opportunity in these universities in future. Remember the man who protested at the gates of the National Assembly, calling for scrapping the Senate. Not long after he was there to face screening for a position and you can be sure he now regrets his earlier actions.

Steer clear of baseless assertions. It would hurt you one day.
nice point cc: obinoscopy,mynd44

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Fiverr With This Top 5 Gigs / See What This Script Will Do When Installed In Your Wordpress! / Give your life to Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.