Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1851 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Neighbour And His Fiancee / Help!!! My Neighbour Is A Screamer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by oloyemeji: 3:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: . by RoyalBlak007: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
just act normal..greeting doesn't cost a penny...
act normal
Re: . by ichommy(m): 3:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
1. You might discuss it with him

2. Is not a must to greet Sir, If he's older than you, greeting him first won't do you bad.

Better still, dey your LANE.
Re: . by oloyemeji: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
This is too petty for me to contribute to... Greetings don't add to the bank account, does it?
Re: . by oloyemeji: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
[quote author=Fabulocity post=51174728][color=#770077][size=12pt]
Re: . by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
What has he done to warrant labeling him your enemy?

oloyemeji:
Mam not a fans of greetings I do act normal ,what I believe is d guy act imature and he has an ego,o do Av ego too but due to maturity I dey bury am when it comes to greetings,if we no greet for 5 years it doesn't cost me or bother me but why I react to is my wife shouldn't ask me why I didn't answer when he unfortunately greet her in my presence for the first time it makes. Me feel my wife is taking. Side with my enemy.

5 Likes

Re: . by oloyemeji: 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
Yieldings:
What has he done to warrant labeling him your enemy?

he is not my enemy,it is wrong use of word pardon. Me for that,I want to say someone tht keep malice with me.
Re: . by dangotesmummy: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
How beautiful the world would have been if we have no expectations from anyone or expect people to act nasty and not to act according to your standards.stop taking trivial matters personally.

Like I say time and time again. Nigerians are naturally not nice to anyone except there's something at stake or they don't have a choice

Solution; mind your godamn buisness. If they greet you fine,if they don't fine too.jeez

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by demelza: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
Mon Dieu!
Now I understand why the bible says we should be like children.
See grown men beefing themselves because of who will greet first.
Something that even kids will find hard to sustain.
It is a wah!

@OP
I really have no advice for you.
If you have kids around you, look at the way they play and fight.
Hopefully you will learn something.
Re: . by oloyemeji: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by dangotesmummy: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
oloyemeji:
Like I say time and time again. Nigerians are naturally not nice to anyone except there's something at stake or they don't have a choice. I like this I already. Know what to do since I Av choose to act neutral.Thanks everyone.
good for you
Re: . by SadSongz: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
Forgive me poster, I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
There is virtually nothing in who greets first and who greets last.. Initially I was like that with my next flat neighbour and his wife. But later I ignored. I always greet them first.. Now the husband and wife also greet first too, sometimes.. Take it as part of life and living well with your neighbors. And funny though, we are now best of friends. The husband has helped me in different dire moments
Sometimes he helps me to buy 20 litres fuel , if I forgot to buy on my way home. And I perchance see him driving off 2 buy his.. And me too, I help him sometimes.. So nothing there in greeting jare, especially at home. It doesn't remove anything from your status.
But place of work? They must greet me first! Orelse my staffs will have an earful from me. Lol.
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Am I the only one who thinks this OP isn't making sense? I don't even understand what the issue is.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
Just be careful in pointing fingers at someone, calling them your enemy. This is how innocent people in Nigeria are accused of being witches and wizards, and being blamed for others' misfortunes. It's mindsets like yours who keep perpetuating this cycle - when you're calling people who have done you no wrong your enemy.

Now you're saying he's "keeping malice" with you because he's not greeting you. That's really no different than calling him your enemy or do you not know what malice means? You're using these strong words to describe this man and cannot justify them.

You can't do anything "to" him. You can't force him to greet you, just like you have made up your mind not to greet him either.

oloyemeji:
he is not my enemy,it is wrong use of word pardon. Me for that,I want to say someone tht keep malice with me.

2 Likes

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
I am not understanding you OP
Re: . by oloyemeji: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
freecocoa:
Am I the only one who thinks this OP isn't making sense? I don't even understand what the issue is.
do u need to insult?
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
oloyemeji:
do u need to insult?
Where's the insult please?
Re: . by demelza: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
freecocoa:
Acidosis:
I am not understanding you OP
Op has a neighbour who does not greet him first even though Op has greeted him first severally.
But same neighbour greets the wife first.
So Op decided not to greet or answer the neighbour at all which made the wife to ask questions.
Now what should Op do to the neighbour?
Re: . by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2016
It is said that simple minds discuss people; average minds discuss events; and great minds discuss ideas.

OP, I think you should know what category you fit into by now.

Only simple-minded meshuggeners -- wait, is that too big a word? Alright, only simple-minded buffons can worry over something as footling as niceties in human relations. Who cares about greeting(s) if it isn't resulting to a credit alert from my bank?

What's all these pomp and jazz over exchange of greetings anyway? If you put that time you used in entertaining delusions of how your neighbour is this or that, I'm sure your life wouldn't be as complicated as you've weaved it to be.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2016
I know greeting is a big deal in Nigeria and greeting your neighbours is just normal.

If I notice am always the first to greet a particular person, I stop immediately.

That much I can say.

op, ignore this your neighbour.

1 Like

Re: . by oloyemeji: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Joavid:
I know greeting is a big deal in Nigeria and greeting your neighbours is just normal.

If I notice am always the first to greet a particular person, I stop immediately.

That much I can say.

op, ignore this your neighbour.
You make sense without been sentimental most Are saying what they can't do.
Re: . by Viking007(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
freecocoa:
Me too. Tiri gbosa to those who were able to decipher the OP's issue.
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2016
demelza:
Op has a neighbour who does not greet him first even though Op has greeted him first severally.
But same neighbour greets the wife first.
So Op decided not to greet or answer the neighbour at all which made the wife to ask questions.
Now what should Op do to the neighbour?

The only reason I'd stop greeting someone first, is if I notice they don't respond to the greeting or their body language displays hostility, other than that, I don't care who greets first, especially where two adults are concerned.
Re: . by Exponental(m): 6:35am On Nov 20, 2016
Greeting.... this is something women talk about. Mrs Husband, go and get busy, make more money for the family. Buy a washing machine and rent/build a flat.
Re: . by Slimmos(m): 9:50am On Nov 20, 2016
Oga wetin u dey write sef?
Re: . by eyinjuege: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2016
Buy him christmas present.

Christmas is here folks... cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by missvera(f): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
freecocoa:
Nooo, you are not the only one. sad

I dey think sey na only women dey carry such yeye matter for head undecided. I'm wrong this time angry
Re: . by juman(m): 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
Free you mind.

I think greet when you feel to greet, dont greet when you dont feel like greeting him.

Not big issue.
Re: . by Richy4(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
I do not even know what to say to you OP... If not that you said you were married, I would have thought you were under 21....Maturity should always play a major part in all your everyday life sir...I do not understand why you were acting this way..

I have lived in a place for 3 years. I do not even know my neighbours names... I met them sometimes at the parking lot...wave and zoom off...u don't expect greetings from anyone and I expected that they don't expect same from you...but if they surprised u by saying hello. ..u politely say hi and walk away. ..See this world/life is just simple. You guys should stop making things a bit complicated...The world is not difficult to live in...

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Help On My Marriage / Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / My Wife Is Giving Me Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.