Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! (6713 Views)

Tennis: Australian Open 2012 / Tennis: Australian Open 2011 / Australian Open 2009 - Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by iice(f): 4:51am On Jan 27, 2007
Yippee, Congrats to Serena.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by dblock(m): 4:52am On Jan 27, 2007
Only wnated he to win cos of the unfairness of her critics, but yeah good win serena
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 27, 2007
Serena completely destroyed Sharapova! This was the first game on the women's side that i watched for every single minute!

Sharapova failed to even muster anything in this match! Completely destroyed in 1hr and 3mins! At least now her critics can shut up forever!
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 27, 2007
Williams is now world number 14! From 81!
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by opeemi1(m): 7:03am On Jan 27, 2007
I'm glad someone finally sharapped the noisy chic. I couldn't believe it could be done in such a humiliating manner. Welldone Serena! What a way to announce ur return!
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by bolaoni(m): 7:47am On Jan 27, 2007
YES!

SERENA IS BACK! This is the best news of the year!

Hope she can go back to the No1. Position she deserves SOON! cheesy

*where is Vennie girl?*
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 7:55am On Jan 27, 2007

"I would like to dedicate this win to my sister, who is not here, her name is Yetunde," Williams said - her voice cracking with emotion - of her sister who was shot dead in Los Angeles in 2003.

"I just love her so much. A couple of days ago I said if I win this it will be for her so thanks Yetunde," added the American, who will now climb to 14th in the world on Monday.

@Bola, Venus has a wrist injury.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by kobe(m): 9:22am On Jan 27, 2007

Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by toptho(f): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2007
Congrats to Serena,didnt watch the match but i heared she steamrolled noisy maria.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by LoverBwoy(m): 1:23am On Jan 28, 2007
she looks sexier aswell grin, damn i woke up to the post match interview

did all i could to watch it 2.30am sad
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 28, 2007
@ loverbwoy,

you needed to have seen the game live. It was a proper spanking! [b]Sharap[/b]ova lost the ability to squack like a duck after that game!
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by LoverBwoy(m): 3:46am On Jan 28, 2007
lol her (sharapova) grunts are getting louder aint they?

I saw a bit of the highlight, man was she pulling off those shots! strong and fast as ever.
After all the injuries and outside influences i was thinking she gave up on tennis already, even thought she would only make it to the fourth round

What a comeback!  grin more reason to watch tennis again
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by hotangel2(f): 4:23am On Jan 28, 2007
Ohh y'all. Yesterday's match was amazinG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soo frigging happy. Serena won.

All those people calling her unfit should show their faces now. tongue

She definitely kicked sharapova's ass. I Love maria though, really. But im proud of serena.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2007
FedExpress is two sets up (7-6, 6-4) in the final of the men's singles. Can he win the title without dropping a set in this tournament?
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by toptho(f): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2007
Oh yes he can,keeping my fingers crossed,but gonzalez is putting up a good challenge
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by toptho(f): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2007
Federer grin kiss has done it 7-6,6-4,6-4.That guy is well on track to beat sampras record of 14 grand slams.Kudos to Gonzalez though
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 12:16pm On Jan 28, 2007
Hail the king!

It took him 140 minutes to overcome Gonzalez.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by bolaoni(m): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
here goeth Samps records. ALL HAIL KING ROGER wink
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by dblock(m): 6:44am On Jan 29, 2007
Freaking federer, too hell with you ya freakin freakin
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry Gonzo Lost cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by texazzpete(m): 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2007
I never knew sweat and muscles could be so damn sexy until i watched serena in action. damn, she's HOT!

uh, yeah, good game grin
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2007
texazzpete:

I never knew sweat and muscles could be so damn sexy until i watched serena in action. damn, she's HOT!

uh, yeah, good game grin

When questioned over her fitness, Serena answered:

"I think it's all because I have a large bosom and a large a**. I have a large a** and it always just looks like I'm bigger than the rest of the girls."

"I've been the same weight for I don't know how long and I could lose 20 pounds and I'm still going to have these bosoms and I'm going to have this a** and that's just the way it is."

Now I know why she has alot of fans.   cheesy
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by dblock(m): 7:13am On Jan 31, 2007
God Damnnn, Is that Serena shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Rattatatatatatatatattarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, WOOF WOOF, She is HOTTTTTTT, Okay I'll stop now
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by Grizzly(m): 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2007
I dont like federer to be winning all the time,
I have never supported him in a single game since he began his winning streak,
I think i can do better
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2007
How come no one's interested in the "small" (as referred to by Davydenko) tournaments currently going on?

Can someone also tell me how the round robin format works?
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by toptho(f): 11:01am On Feb 04, 2007
Dont think they are showing them on tv or are they ,just read about it online.i know Hingis won in tokyo but there are so many going on.
Round robin,i think is when every player plays each and everyone in the tourney/group whichever the case,they were arguing about it on tv so i don't know how it would really work.It sounds strenuous
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2007
The tournaments that started just after the Aussie Open are:

WTA Tokyo which the Swiss Miss won 6-4, 6-2, a record fifth Pan Pacific Open title in the early hours of today. Sharapova retired in the semi-final against Ivanonic due to a hamstring injury. The other seeds that participated are Dementieva, Jankovic, Li, Peer, Hantuchova. Hingis earned $182,000 for her victory.

ATP Zagreb Open, Croatia (Indoor Carpet) which featured Ljubicic, Baghdatis, Soderling, Youzhny, Benneteau, Verdasco, Vliegen, Clement as seeds. Baghdatis beat defending champion Ljubicic 7-6, 4-6, 6-4 in the final.

ATP Movistar Open Vina del Mar, Chile (Clay) which features Gonzalez, Montanes, Massu, Roitman, Arguello, Horna amongst others. Gonzalez was beaten by Montanes in the quarter final. Massu meets Horna in the final.

ATP Delray Beach, FL, USA (Hard), where the round robin format was used, features Blake, Mayer, Becker, Malisse, Garcia-Lopez, Spadea, Haas amongst others. Blake and Malisse will meet in the final.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2007
Update on ATP Movistar Open:

Peru's Luis Horna won the MoviStar Open on Sunday for his second ATP Tour title, beating hometown favorite Nicolas Massu 7-5, 6-3.

Update on ATP Delray Beach:

Xavier Malisse of Belgium rallied past top-seeded James Blake 5-7, 6-4, 6-4 Monday, completing the rain-delayed final in the wind for his second Delray Beach International title.

Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2007
This week's tournaments are:

WTA Pattaya Open
Pattaya City, Thailand
Feb. 5 - 11
which features Marion Bartoli (FRA), Maria Kirilenko (RUS), Maria Santangelo (ITA), Shuai Peng (CHN), Sania Mirza (IND), Gisela Dulko (ARG), Vasilisa Bardina (RUS), Aiko Nakamura (JPN) as seeds.

WTA Tour Open Gaz de France
Paris, France
Feb. 5 - 11
which features the big guns  - Justine Henin Hardenne (BEL), Amelie Mauresmo (FRA), Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS), Nadia Petrova (RUS), Nicole Vaidisova (CZE), Patty Schnyder (SUI), Dinara Safina (RUS), Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) as seeds.

Good to see JHH back on court, tennis court I mean.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2007
Update on WTA Paris:

Justine Henin and Kuznetsova both lost their first sets but eventually won their matches to quailify for the quarter finals.  Justine, who beat Loit 3-6, 6-2, 6-2, will meet Bychkova (RUS) or Golovin (FRA) while Kuznetsova, who beat Srebotnik (SLO) 6-7, 6-4, 7-6 will face Safarova (CZE) or Vaidisova (CZE) in the next round.

Also through to the quarter final is Dinara Safina who beat frenchwoman Camille Pin 2-6, 6-2, 7-6. She faces Muller (GER) or Petrova (RUS) in the next round. 

Amelie Mauresmo faces Dechy (FRA) later today.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2007
WTA Paris - Quarter-Final Fixtures

Justine Henin (BEL) vs. Tatiana Golovin (FRA)
3/6  6/2  6/2              6/4  6/4

Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Lucie Safarova (CZE)
6/7  6/4  7/6                          6/4  6/2

Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. Nadia Petrova (RUS)
2/6  6/2  7/6             6/1  6/2

Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Amelie Mauresmo (FRA)
4/6  6/4  6/4                       6/3  6/2
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by PDF: 11:06pm On Feb 09, 2007
Czech Lucie Safarova stunned world number five Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia 6-3 6-4 to set up a semi-final clash with Belgium's Justine Henin at the Paris Open on Friday.

Saturday's other semi-final will feature holder Amelie Mauresmo of France, (who fought to a 7-6 7-5 victory over eighth seed Anna Chakvetadze) against Russian fourth seed Nadia Petrova, who booked her place in the last four with a clinical 6-3 6-2 victory over Dinara Safina in an all-Russian clash.

Former world number one Henin, returning to competitive tennis after a three-month break for personal reasons, outlasted Frenchwoman Tatiana Golovin 6-2 3-6 6-3.
Re: For Tennis Lovers: Australian Open! by dblock(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2007
safarova is superb, I believe that she can beat anyone, if she puts her mind to it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sports Photo Quiz 1 / Nigeria Ease Past Egypt In Badminton To Book Final Berth / Mali Vs Cameroon: AFCON 2015 (1 - 1) On 20th January 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.