Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Girl Right! Forget It - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Girl Right! Forget It (467 Views)

What Is That One Lesson Life Has Thought You That You Will Never Forget? / Nature!don't Forget Where You Actually Came From / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girl Right! Forget It by shehuolayinka(m): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2016
​If you are born a girl, forget about having human right and equality. Just forget it, don’t try fighting, just look at your mate and copy them.

You actually don’t have one, (freewill) to them, you are born to become sex tool, your body is meant for stress relief and relaxation. the only thing you are good at and for, is as a conceiver and a carrier for an apparent heir (child birth) and thus becoming “Samuel Peter to Vitali Klitschko” .
Only few born here, as a girl child have liberty, right to education, right to choose your preferred partner, right to choose your religion, right to decide how many child you want to bring to this world, cloths to wear, – whilst most, who I call the unlucky, (born to an illiterate and stupid parent) get their life planned and decided for them.
The town is Abobo, a relatively peaceful town in Okehi Local Government Area of Kogi State, is part Kingdom of the “Ebiraland”, an ethno- linguistic group of Nigeria, that trace their lineage to the Wukari tribe of Taraba State.
The second largest ethnic group after the Igalas in Kogi State. The ebiras, with a population of 884,396 people, (2006 census) albeit disputed, but current estimation of its population put it at 1,4 million; are blessed with beautiful women, with a landmass of 3,426 km, an area birthed with large deposits of mineral resources, but having a high population of illiterate people, and poverty, which has blighted the growth of ebiraland. Its women, are hardworking, not that lazy, but the men here…, contribute largely to the problems besieging this beautiful area.

The vogues here: teenage pregnancy, little of interest in education, school dropping, lazy youths, (mostly male) who a female Ebira friend, described as “good for nothing”. Men here, are narcissistic, misogyny, whilst women here are servient and meant to be obsequious.
Some few weeks back, I wrote an article about a student of mine, whose sister was being giving out to an old man. Her mum defence for her actions, was “no money in the house” , as her beer parlour business was crippling and she needed to reduce the number of mouths getting food from her. The most annoying was that, my student quintessential sister, was 17 and husband to be, was already with four wives.

An Ebira female friend, also shared her family story with me, some few days back; her experience with her dad, a man with two wives, and 9 children (8 girls and 1 boy).
We did talked for a long time and told me how her dad, after secondary school at age 18/19 told her and step sister to get a man, as he won’t be sponsoring them (girl child) to higher institution, as in his defence, “I have no money”. That was in 2014, this my friend, was lucky to have an upright mother, but her step sister was not. Got married, had a child, and fast-forward to 2016, with a two month old pregnancy, her husband, told her point-blank to move back home from Lagos, as he is planning to get another wife.
Last Sunday, a young lady with two children, left her matrimonial home, to another man’s house, and her reasons were, “my husband gives me no money, no food, no care. All he does is: go out in the morning, come back late in the night and bark at me to open my leg” she said, when being asked by community leaders why she left her husband house to another man’s house.
You would think, this only happens in my PPA, but basically it is a general problem here. Albeit, you still have brilliant people here and hardworking mothers and fathers.

Here, women who are strong, survive, but those not, trade their body for cash.

(1) (Reply)

Calabar 'clean And Green' / The Importance Of Women's Sexual Confidence / New Original Naira Notes Needed For Owambe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.