Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life (1933 Views)

3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by befocused: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jesus has different meaning to different people, some people see him as their Savior, some people see him as their provider and some see him as their helper while some see him as their healer. The only way to know what Jesus means to you is by knowing why you need Jesus.

We all need in for several reasons and we’ll be discussing some of those reasons.

For good health

In the Bible, if you look at the woman with the issue of blood she has visited several doctors to treat her and still she was not healed. But she only had one encounter with Jesus Christ and she was healed. Only Jesus could have done that.

Most people believe that once a doctor treats them, they’ll get healed. But look at the woman with the issue of blood, she even tried several doctors but nothing happened not until she met Jesus Christ. So you should know that doctors can treat you but only Jesus can heal and make you whole.

If you want to enjoy good health, Jesus can give you good health. If you are sick and you need healing, Jesus can heal you. If the doctors tell you your case is beyond them, there is still someone that can heal you and that’s Jesus Christ.

For prosperity

Peter started his career as a fisherman, in short he was an experienced fisherman but one day he went out fishing and he caught nothing. Fortunately Jesus was in his boat then Jesus gave him an instruction on how to fish, he only followed the instruction to respect Jesus but Peter deep within him felt he had all the knowledge about fishing. When he followed the instruction given to him, he was able to prosper. Jesus can help you prosper too.

A lot of times we feel we know it all, we feel we have worked for many years so we have all the experience we need to succeed. Yes, those can make you succeed but you might still not feel fulfilled. With Jesus it is a different situation as you prosper and get fulfilled at the same time. What else could you ask for than that?

The Bible says that Jesus died so that we might be rich, so can you see that Jesus is willing to prosper you, all you need to do is listen to His instructions just like Peter did and you will prosper.

For salvation

Salvation means being saved with the assurance of making heaven. Salvation can only be gotten through Jesus Christ. Zacchaeus in the Bible was a tax collector who wanted to see Jesus by all means, when he finally saw Jesus he was able to receive Salvation, not only Zacchaeus but his entire household because Jesus told him “Today, Salvation has come to this house”.

If Zacchaeus was not determined enough he would not have received Salvation that day. Zacchaeus was a short man but that did not stop him from seeking Jesus, he had to climb a sycamore-fig tree just to see Jesus.

So no matter the circumstances you find yourself, that should not stop you from seeking Jesus. Always set your mind on seeking Jesus and you will receive Salvation.

To fulfill destiny

During the early years of the church, Paul formerly known as Saul persecuted the followers of Jesus Christ but when he had an encounter with Jesus Christ he was able to discover and fulfill his destiny. His destiny was not to persecute the followers of gospel but his destiny was to preach the gospel to the gentiles.

In fact Paul thought that by persecuting the followers of the gospel that he was working for God not knowing that he was actually working against God. Not until he had an encounter with Jesus then he was able to retrace his steps. There are lots of things we do that are not in line with God’s will but when you have Jesus you’ll know God’s will for your life.

If you want to discover and fulfill God’s will for your life then you need to accept Jesus Christ into your life. You cannot fulfill your destiny all by yourself and that’s why need Jesus, it is only Jesus that can help you.

For power

If you noticed the life of the disciples of Jesus, they were ordinary people before they met Jesus Christ. But after they received Jesus into their lives, they received power to perform miracles. When you have power, your life cannot remain the same as you will be filled with more confidence.

There are lots of ways to get power but the only reliable power is that of Jesus. Powers that you get through other means do not last or they may not even be enough to help you face life challenges

To get power from Jesus, all you just need to do is ask. The bible says you should ask and you shall receive.

To increase your faith

There was a man in the bible who Jesus wanted to heal his son of evil spirit but the man’s faith was low and he had to ask Jesus to help his unbelief, it’s was after his faith was increased that his son was healed.

Most times people get comfortable with their level of faith and fail to ask Jesus to increase their faith. You should not be too comfortable with your level of faith but always try to move to a higher level. The higher you go the more miracles you have access to receive.

Always desire to increase your faith and continually ask Jesus to help you increase your faith as only him can do it.

To receive mercy

Mercy is like showing kindness to people that could be treated harshly. Example of someone who received mercy in the bible is blind Bartimaeus. He was born blind and he had no hope of seeing with his eyes again until he met Jesus. He called on Jesus to have mercy upon him and he was healed.

He received his healing because he was able to cry out to Jesus for mercy and Jesus had mercy on him. Don’t always think mercy will follow you automatic but instead you should always ask for mercy so that you can receive.

Receiving mercy can never be too much, so you should learn to ask Jesus to have mercy upon you every day as you’ll need it.

To receive grace

Grace simply means unmerited favor, it is something that you don’t deserve but it is being given to you. Paul was a man who received grace from Jesus just by having an encounter with him. It was the grace that Paul had upon his life that made it easy for him to do the will of God. Even when Paul was in prison, he was still preaching the gospel, this could only have been grace.

For you to be facing challenges and at the same time, you are still encouraging others it shows there is a level of grace upon your life.

There are some things that you cannot do on your own but only the grace of God will help you achieve it. When you become born again, you will not change all of a sudden but with time you keep shedding old habits as grace is being released unto you.

You need grace in your life and the first step to receive grace is to accept Jesus into your life once that is done you can start enjoying the grace that is made available to you.

To receive favor

At a point in the ministry of Jesus, He sent out his disciples and one of the instructions he gave them was that they should not go with money and he said “a worker should be given what he needs”. That is favor! Jesus told his disciples not to hold money because he was sure they were going to receive favor wherever they went as they had received Him already.
Even when we receive favor from men, it happens because God has sent them to favor us. So, don’t think it’s about how friendly you are, it is only God that can favor someone.

You should remember that once you have Jesus Christ in your life and you begin to do his will, you will never lack favor from men and God. So, if you want to receive favor regularly then you should work for Jesus and he will always favor you.

To receive wisdom

When you look at the life of Peter, he wasn’t well read but when he met with Jesus, he started learning and he became wiser.

When you have Jesus in your life, you will have godly wisdom to help you deal with life issues that may come your way.

To most people godly wisdom seems like foolishness to them, so they prefer to operate in the worldly wisdom.

For you to fulfill your destiny, you need have godly wisdom and you can only get that through Jesus Christ that is one of the reasons why you need Jesus in your life.

So why do you need Jesus?

The truth is you need Jesus in your life. You should accept him and he will accept you, always remember that it is important for you to have Jesus Christ in your life as he is the only one that can help you achieve what you want in life.

Source
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by Adepet222(f): 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2016
Yes, we all need him in our lives
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by befocused: 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
Adepet222:
Yes, we all need him in our lives
Sure! we also need him in every area of our lives 'cos he can do all things
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by ScienceWatch: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
If you want to know if a Pastor is real or fake, simply examine his WORKS. The WORKS will reveal if a Pastor is recognized in heaven !

What are the "WORKS" Jesus always refer to : It is all the Miracles, Signs, Prophecy and the many Wonders given for our benefit so that we might believe that we are truly LOVED.

Examine what Christ is saying about himself;
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the WORKS which the Father hath given me to finish, the same WORKS that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Christ commanded, “As the Father sent me, so send I you.”

Now very carefully examine what Christ is commanding his chosen ones;
John15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit (Miracles, Signs, Prophecy and the many Wonders), and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Importantly, because most humans lack the ability to switch between intellectual concepts and spiritual concepts, Jesus spoke differently to his apprentice pastors/disciples compared with the way he spoke to the masses.

Suffering people of all races and religions are now lovingly and effectively helped by the Holy Scoan Church and Emmanuel TV and youtube.com to overcome the centuries old trap laid for them by powerful church leaders, governments and influential Satanic groups.
See clearly how the Holy Gospels and the Holy Books Of ACTS come to life in Scoan Church Nigeria.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by HCpaul(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
befocused:

Sure! we also need him in every area of our lives 'cos he can do all things

But still can't say hi....

How can you need a guy whose earthly father and mother are known and still choose to idolize him for the sake of religion? How??

Religion is man's greatest ignorance
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Need Jesus In Your Life by befocused: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
HCpaul:

But still can't say hi....

How can you need a guy whose earthly father and mother are known and still choose to idolize him for the sake of religion? How??

Religion is man's greatest ignorance

I understand you but what I'm talking about is not religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus.

I believe in Jesus 'cos whenever I pray in his name, I get answers to my prayer.

I guess u are seeing things this way cos u've not built a relationship with Jesus. why not try build a relationship with Jesus

(1) (Reply)

#throwbackthursday: COZA Nigeria Welcomes Benny Hinn To Abuja (photos) / 7 Reasons Why Religion Is A Mental Disorder / The Final Truth About Tithe By Paul Eneche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.