Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (29651 Views)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Passport With 10-year Validity Effective December / Federal Government Set To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by erimmy(m): 8:28am On Nov 21, 2016
dauddy97:

what is there website?
Bros I'm an immigration officer and I work in ikoyi passport office .Check my signature for details.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by ebudon0962: 8:49am On Nov 21, 2016
somehowpenis:
Who needs the _stupid passport..
Y the renewal of passport and obtaining the new one are the same amount?
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by ebudon0962: 9:07am On Nov 21, 2016
Bishop1monte:
who needs it
me n u still need it coz u may travel @ any time.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by thedarkside: 9:12am On Nov 21, 2016
Sikay19:

People always encounter delay because as a matter of fact to acquire passport cost nothing less than 27k so dont go on a long run to follow the normal process because you cant get it at lesser price and you will still be delayed under canopy or scorching sun grin grin

the problem is,we have many illegal immigrants from other countries in nigeria..

we are so busy putting ourselves down that we forget that nigeria is a choice nation to very poor africans..

we never think of that..

it makes sense to make it only 5years..
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by PaulIdu: 9:21am On Nov 21, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Paul, yours shouldn't be a problem. Use your Trump connection because you have to be in Washington DC got Trump's inauguration on Jan 20.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by sweetgala(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
Other countries have most of their ID's validity for twenty years.. Driving license inclusive and Nigeria is still starting out with passport!!

Most in Europe is 10.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by deloon(m): 9:42am On Nov 21, 2016
It's about time.
They should do same to the Driver's license.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by berrystunn(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2016
canalily:
Does Nigeria check passport of immigrantsundecided

Yes in cash
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Mustay(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
Other countries have most of their ID's validity for twenty years.. Driving license inclusive and Nigeria is still starting out with passport!!

I think you should modify this comment because it's misleading and has no elements of sarcasm. Passports of other countries I have seen are generally 10 years and it pisses me off why Nigeria is not the same. India, SA, USA etc - they are ten years max. Drivers licences also have shorter renewal times for obvious reasons.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Mustay(m): 11:46am On Nov 21, 2016
sweetgala:

Most in Europe is 10.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport_validity

Notice how many African countries have lesser validity periods.

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by internetgangste: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2016
dauddy97:

what is there website?
Www.immigration.gov.ng
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by sweetgala(m): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Mustay:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport_validity

Notice how many African countries have lesser validity periods.

It is ridiculous. It is a money spinning process. I spent over 160 Euro to renew mine sometime in april. The process was long drawn out and required me to spend a while day at the consulate
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by dauddy97(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
when did I know it will be ten years, I need this passport bfor December 6

Daboomb:

Mr. Man, you can help yourself!
Just Google any question you have, since you have access to internet.

Anyway, the below are the links you need, to get all the information you want:

http://www.immigration.gov.ng/index.php?id=50 --- This one tells you about the various types of Passport and the REQUIREMENTS to obtain one.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportguidelines --- This one is the PORTAL of the Immigration Service, where you start the application ONLINE.

Read them properly, start the application, get a date, print it out and then go to their office in Festac (nearest to Badagry).

Dont approach Touts, you may be defrauded. Go direct to the Immigration Staff at their office.

Good luck......... but why not wait til it is 10yrs? shocked shocked undecided
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
HopeAlive14:

Na just uncommon sense you need.
Na mumu you be.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by HopeAlive14(m): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Flashh:

Na mumu you be.

Boy, obviously you do not have answer to the question I asked and there was no need for you to resort to insults.

My advice to you: Be civil, show some respect and make good use of the home training you received from your parents.

It will certainly go a long way to help you in your future.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
HopeAlive14:

Boy, obviously you do not have answer to the question I asked and there was no need for you to resort to insults.

My advice to you: Be civil, show some respect and make good use of the home training you received from your parents.

It will certainly go a long way to help you in your future.

You can sit down, grab your phone and call anybody"boy" online at your residence.

This is the "common sense" I was talking about. Despite the fact you still want to make sense, you had to still show how ill-mannered you are.

Adios!
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by HopeAlive14(m): 7:08am On Nov 22, 2016
Flashh:

You can sit down, grab your phone and call anybody"boy" online at your residence.

This is the "common sense" I was talking about. Despite the fact you still want to make sense, you had to still show how ill-mannered you are.

Adios!

Your initial response gave you away as boy. If you weren't one, you wouldn't have responded with an insult in the first place.

Only boys who are yet to master self control respond in such immature ways.

Again, I advise you to learn to be civil in your responses to others (online or not) because it will certainly go a long way to help you in your future.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
HopeAlive14:

[s]Your initial response gave you away as boy. If you weren't one, you wouldn't have responded with an insult in the first place.

Only boys who are yet to master self control respond in such immature ways.

Again, I advise you to learn to be civil in your responses to others (online or not) because it will certainly go a long way to help you in your future.[/s]

Piece if hogwash!

You keep typing same thing which implies you are out of point. The more you keep replying, the more I will keep breaking down your flaws for you to see.

Now, let's go back to your first comment on this thread, because you are talking about immaturity", like that isn't what you possess.

Now, let me get this straight to you. The info this thread passed across, is to inform people about the years extension of the International passport. Which is quite okay, that give more time for people to have more years validity of what they pay for.

But it's baffling with kids and some "immature minded" adults on this forum, that hardly pick and see meaningful things out of some things, which you are one of them with your comment. Based on the fact, that I doubt if you have and know the usefulness of the card with that your comment. That was the reason why I replied you and to tell what you need, which is "common sense".

If you want to keep reacting to threads with that lame comment; I will advise you to go "Celebrity or Romance Section" to go post that comment, seems that is where irrelevant threads are created mostly.

Don't ever ever tell me I am immature, because that's what you are.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by HopeAlive14(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
Flashh:

Piece if hogwash!

You keep typing same thing which implies you are out of point. The more you keep replying, the more I will keep breaking down your flaws for you to see.

Now, let's go back to your first comment on this thread, because you are talking about immaturity", like that isn't what you possess.

Now, let me get this straight to you. The info this thread passed across, is to inform people about the years extension of the International passport. Which is quite okay, that give more time for people to have more years validity of what they pay for.

But it's baffling with kids and some "immature minded" adults on this forum, that hardly pick and see meaningful things out of some things, which you are one of them with your comment. Based on the fact, that I doubt if you have and know the usefulness of the card with that your comment. That was the reason why I replied you and to tell what you need, which is "common sense".

If you want to keep reacting to threads with that lame comment; I will advise you to go "Celebrity or Romance Section" to go post that comment, seems that is where irrelevant threads are created mostly.

Don't ever ever tell me I am immature, because that's what you are.

I agree with you that "The info this thread passed across, is to inform people about the years extension of the International passport. Which is quite okay, that give more time for people to have more years validity of what they pay for."

But I asked "how will this end recession?" which is the challenge the nation is currently passing through.

Rather than provide an answer, you resorted to insulting me.

If you were well taught, well read, well educated or so wise as you claim, you wouldn't have replied with such demeaning and undignified words.

Buy it or not, I still advise you to be civil in your responses to others; and yes, it will go a long way to help you in your future.

In any case, I see that YOU are most active in "Celebrity or Romance Section" undecided (do check your topics you posted on NL) so keep that advise to yourself.

Learn to look well before you start throwing stones.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
HopeAlive14:

I agree with you that
But I asked "how will this end recession?" which is the challenge the nation is currently passing through.

In any case, I see that YOU are most active in "Celebrity or Romance Section" undecided tongue (do check your topics you posted on NL) so keep that advise to yourself.

Learn to look well before you start throwing stones.
I will spare you the rest. but I just have to pick this one.

Seems you are new to Nairaland, or you don't know the clues of Nairaland. If you check someone's profile; the one at first, means that is the section the person is active, followed the the next.

Even if you see my comments on those sections, but not as "immature" as yours. grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by HopeAlive14(m): 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
Flashh:

I will spare you the rest. but I just have to pick this one.

...the one at first, means that is the section the person is active, followed the the next.

Even if you see my comments on those sections, but not as "immature" as yours. grin

I will spare you many dear, but "the one on your first" is at the "Romance" section and going by your explanation above, that is the section you are most active on.

And I didn't talk about your comments, I talked about your topic which you posted.

The topic you posted in the Romance section gives you away as not only a boy, but one who is immature and in dire need of the "common sense" you are prescribing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
HopeAlive14:

I will spare you many dear, but "the one on your first" is at the "Romance" section and going by your explanation above, that is the section you are most active on.

And I didn't talk about your comments, I talked about your topic which you posted.

The topic you posted in the Romance section gives you away as not only a boy, but one who is immature and in dire need of the "common sense" you are prescribing.
Seems you are seeing something else. Politics comes first, followed by Phone, then Romance.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by borntosuccess(m): 4:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Nice one
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Konquest: 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
centvin008:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/215834-nigerian-government-extend-international-passport-validity-10-years.html
^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
A 5-year passport validity for adults is too short!
This doesn't fit into international
best practices!
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Ezilytina(f): 4:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
pls how can I apply and get an international passport d same day. It is urgency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Check Out How Orderly Lagos Traffic Was In The 60's / True Story: The Married UK 'prostitute' From Nigeria And The Govt / Video Of The New Ebute Metta Train Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.