Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship (46302 Views)

10 Main Reasons Why You Should Be Setting Goals / What No One Tells You About Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Strategies That Drive Successful Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 12:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Everybody wants to be successful in life. In whatever we do, our primary aim is to be successful in it. But we realize that often time, our plans take another turn, in the course of execution, or fail totally to yield desired results. This is always the case when we fail to put certain measures in place, or act in ignorance of important steps and considerations.

Consider when you set goals for the year, and at the end of the year, it turns out that you are yet to achieve any of the goals you had set. This exposes a lapse in harmonizing one's personal discipline and attitude, with goals-both personal and organizational.

In this article, I will outline 5 important tips for successful goal setting and entrepreneurship. These tips can help us set viable goals, and effectively implement courses of action that will lead to the achievement of such goals.

1. Setting SMART Goals:

Goals define our role and generally challenge us to be better. It also motivates us to be unwavering and persistent on a particular task.

Therefore, goals that will yield positive results must be SMART. This means that our goals must be;

a. Specific.

b. Measurable.

c. Relevant.

d. Timely and

e. Attainable.

2. Organization:

Our business goals should be broken down into smaller goal sets, with specified role requirements, and carefully assigned to different people to carry out.

However, you should ensure people who are responsible for a particular role, are trained to efficiently and effectively carry out their task. You should also oversee the processes to ensure they remain in harmony with set goals.

3. Efficiency:

In carrying out actions that could lead to the achievement of goals, there is a great need to be efficient and knowledgeable enough in assigned roles. Hence, regular training and evaluation is required to ensure utmost efficiency in a goal getting process.

4. Accountability:

This is a very vital aspect of our existence. We need to be accountable to ourselves and others too.

The African Managers Initiative Team suggests that having an Accountability Partner can address the lapse between our desire to be accountable, and actually being accountable.

what is an accountability partner?

An accountability partner is a person who coaches another person in terms of helping the other person keep a commitment. credit to wikipedia

This Accountability Partner should be someone you trust and respect- preferably a senior colleague or a partner. He/she should be one who can hold you responsible to your goals, and speak up without fear when you lose focus or go wrong. This latest invention by the African Managers Initiative has shown high level of practicability and success.

5. Time Management:

No matter where you are or what you do, time is always of essence, and should be smartly managed for optimum benefits. I will write about time management in my next article. But it is worthy of mention here, as everything I have outlined above could fail if time is not properly and smartly managed and used.

Research shows that every one hour wasted amounts to a corresponding hourly income loss. This is essentially true in core areas of our business life, as inputs directly determine expected output-all other things being equal.

We should therefore be keen on deploying the best suited time management technique for our unique goals and roles. This, I believe is the engine with which every other measures work

cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
do you require something you can lean on for your financial success towards 2017? why not see www.importsng.com

1 Like

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 12:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
your questions are highly welcome

1 Like

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by Diva122(f): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
Self Employment is the best

2 Likes

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by afanide: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
This guy again.......
Always struggling for FTC on his own thread....
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by temmypotter(m): 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Diva122:
Self Employment is the best
that picture on your profile is very wrong, in developed countries. that guy could be facing jail time.

1 Like

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by vroom(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
importexpert:
Everybody wants to be successful in life. In whatever we do, our primary aim is to be successful in it. But we realize that often time, our plans take another turn, in the course of execution, or fail totally to yield desired results. This is always the case when we fail to put certain measures in place, or act in ignorance of important steps and considerations.

Consider when you set goals for the year, and at the end of the year, it turns out that you are yet to achieve any of the goals you had set. This exposes a lapse in harmonizing one's personal discipline and attitude, with goals-both personal and organizational.

In this article, I will outline 5 important tips for successful goal setting and entrepreneurship. These tips can help us set viable goals, and effectively implement courses of action that will lead to the achievement of such goals.

1. Setting SMART Goals:

Goals define our role and generally challenge us to be better. It also motivates us to be unwavering and persistent on a particular task.

Therefore, goals that will yield positive results must be SMART. This means that our goals must be;

a. Specific.

b. Measurable.

c. Relevant.

d. Timely and

e. Attainable.

2. Organization:

Our business goals should be broken down into smaller goal sets, with specified role requirements, and carefully assigned to different people to carry out.

However, you should ensure people who are responsible for a particular role, are trained to efficiently and effectively carry out their task. You should also oversee the processes to ensure they remain in harmony with set goals.

3. Efficiency:

In carrying out actions that could lead to the achievement of goals, there is a great need to be efficient and knowledgeable enough in assigned roles. Hence, regular training and evaluation is required to ensure utmost efficiency in a goal getting process.

4. Accountability:

This is a very vital aspect of our existence. We need to be accountable to ourselves and others too.

The African Managers Initiative Team suggests that having an Accountability Partner can address the lapse between our desire to be accountable, and actually being accountable.

what is an accountability partner?

An accountability partner is a person who coaches another person in terms of helping the other person keep a commitment. credit to wikipedia

This Accountability Partner should be someone you trust and respect- preferably a senior colleague or a partner. He/she should be one who can hold you responsible to your goals, and speak up without fear when you lose focus or go wrong. This latest invention by the African Managers Initiative has shown high level of practicability and success.

5. Time Management:

No matter where you are or what you do, time is always of essence, and should be smartly managed for optimum benefits. I will write about time management in my next article. But it is worthy of mention here, as everything I have outlined above could fail if time is not properly and smartly managed and used.

Research shows that every one hour wasted amounts to a corresponding hourly income loss. This is essentially true in core areas of our business life, as inputs directly determine expected output-all other things being equal.

We should therefore be keen on deploying the best suited time management technique for our unique goals and roles. This, I believe is the engine with which every other measures work

cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 seun

how I wish mercy Marine of Kenya can see you displaying what AMI thought you....kudos

1 Like

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
vroom:

how I wish mercy Marine of Kenya can see you displaying what AMI thought you....kudos

This is the problem with Nigerians.

By the time he gets picked up for intellectual property violations, he'll know!

@ImportExport this is absolutely unethical!!! angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 8:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

kindly go back and read what he said.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
importexpert:

kindly go back and read what he said.

It was only an advice bro. You can dump it in the trash.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

It was only an advice bro. You can dump it in the trash.

advice are always welcomed when they are not out of context.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by DozieInc(m): 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by curatorX: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2016
Automatic FP!
Make I book empty sit!
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 22, 2016
Hmm...
To add, it is important to prioritize your goals. The simple truth is: all goals do not carry the same weight. Some goals have more stronger effects on an entrepreneur's success. Such goals and the activities to make it a success should be treated first.
An entrepreneur should also constantly classify goals in to: important, urgent, and necessary categories. The fact that something is urgent does not mean that it will have a strong impact on your business. Anything urgent can always be delegated to subordinates while the ones tagged 'important' should be attended to by the boss himself... on time.
Whew!
We can only keep making efforts.
God just bless our hustle!
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 3:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Well said..
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by vroom(m): 6:14am On Nov 22, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:

that is complete plagiarism....u were thought n expected to derive knowledge from it, even if u were going to drop it raw, refer to it as AMI materials.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:22am On Nov 22, 2016
vroom:

that is complete plagiarism....u were thought n expected to derive knowledge from it, even if u were going to drop it raw, refer to it as AMI materials.

My hands are up. I have said mine.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by LOVEGINO(m): 10:38am On Nov 22, 2016
Do you Know that you can invest and receive 3.60% of your investment daily forever. click on my signature to register.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
vroom:

GlorifiedTunde:

My hands are up. I have said mine.

please use your brain while talking. dont you know what is referred to as "in text" reference? if you know then please what does the colored stands for? or you didn't read the post? i am really wondering how you do your thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
importexpert:

please use your brain while talking. dont you know what is referred to as "in text" reference? if you know then please what does the colored stands for? or you didn't read the post? i am really wondering how you do your thinking.

So that's in text citation abi? No connotations, no dates.

And you make it sound.like the only ideas lifted was the "accountability partner". So the others are generic and were researched by you?

You cannot school me on citations. And FYI, what you did was not close to a scholarly reference.

You go on making this writeup published. You still do not understand what plagiarism means.

Next time, accord a well detailed reference to AMI at the beginning of such a write up.

Good day!!!
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by importexpert(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
since you have refused to learn i will not try to explain to you any further.
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by joshuaken6(m): 12:53am On Nov 24, 2016
have you ever thought of increasing your traffic so fast in less that 24hours with just N500 worth of airtime... when i say fast i mean from 1,000 views to 10,000 views,look no more https:///3q7irI

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by beingme(f): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2016
Heard about Union Bank Elite Banking? Want to be treated like a king/queen? Open an Elite account today and thank me later. Union Bank Plc have got you covered.

Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by AceKid(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO ENCOURAGE YOU ON AN INVESTMENT PROJECT THAT WILL DEFINITELY HELP YOU OUT FINANCIALLY IN THIS TIME OF RECESSION

https://www.nairaland.com/3484309/let-me-reveal-u-how
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by servicegiver: 2:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Having said that, I wish to add that success starts from the mind...in other words, there is a science of success. Otherwise, everyone of us would have been successful. But one wonders why only a few people are successful and yet many more (over 90%) of the people are not success.

There is a certain formular to success, until and unless you grasp and stay committed to this formular, success will keep eluding so many people.

Food for thought!
Re: Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship by AceKid(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS MEDIUM TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO ON INVESTMENT PROJECT THAT WILL DEFINITELY HELP YOU IN THIS TIME OF RECESSION

https://www.nairaland.com/3484309/let-me-reveal-u-how

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Hot-Cake' Business Opportunities in Nigeria / How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.