Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Beware Of D'prince Supermarkets; They Sell Both Fake And Expired Products - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware Of D'prince Supermarkets; They Sell Both Fake And Expired Products (1450 Views)

How Much Do They Sell Face Mask And Hand Sanitizer In Your Area? / Lagos Seals Big Boss Supermarket Over Sale Of Expired Products / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of D'prince Supermarkets; They Sell Both Fake And Expired Products by babeabike: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm usually not a fan of write ups but this is so important to me .For those that won't be patient to read to the end.The essence of this ,is to warm unsuspecting public from purchasing expired (or possibly fake goods from popular De Prince supermarket that has one of its branches in Omole.

Yesterday afternoon, I pleaded with my husband to take me to De Prince supermarket in Omole all the way from one end of the town where we stay.Though reluctant, but he still did just to please but he kept wondering why he will travel all the way in the name of quality

On getting there,I was fast and sharp to pick a cartoon of Huggies snug and dry which goes for N18050,and then we paid and headed to the car park.On getting into the car,I put a call to my friend just to be sure I had bought what I truly wanted.And just before I ended the call,she reminded me to check the expiry date (but I waved it saying "it's De Prince supermarket they cannot sell fake"wink.

Just to be sure before leaving the park,I looked round the cartoon for the expiry date, I found none,so I headed straight back inside to the cashier to inform her of my discovery, we opened the carton,searched everywhere ,still no expiry date.The brought me another cartoon of snug and dry,still no dates on it ,just batch numbers.

So I politely requested for a refund which she then referred me to the acting manager, instead of just apologising and returning my money or indicating on the receipt that I could come another day for it, he kept on persuading me to go and use for my baby like that,can you imagine.After pleading him to just let me have the receipt with indication that I have a refund of 18050 to pick up later,still he refused.

I had to do something, so I picked up the bunch of key on his desk just to get his seriousness and attention because of course you can't force me to buy something without dates which could be possibly expired or adulterated. I got the worst of my surprise walking to the exit when the semi attendant at the door gave me a punch on my face.So I got a punch for insisting I wasn't buying a fake/expired products nor using it to buy something else as the acting manager insisted

I wasn't surprised when one of the cashiers worked to me and pulled me to a corner apologising for what happened,also acknowledging that the diaper was expired and had the dates wiped off ,that she was very surprised when the acting manager insisted I go with the diaper without dates ,even after I had detected it had no dates

Before I knew it, My husband came around and the guy was locked up and the police station, then I suddenly became a super star after I had been humiliated for wanting something quality with my money.Everybody started begging me,the real manager had arrived .Other customers were now sharing their experiences of how they had bought either fake or expired products.

After so much pleading from everyone left and right ,I had to forgive and just let go but promised the manager that I will get the word out to unsuspecting public to beware of their chain of stores for expired products.

Then we left omole and headed back to our end of the town.I .I was filled with so much thoughts. All I wanted was a good diaper for my son, but what did I get? Humiliation.I have forgiven but I needed to share this story for customers to beware of De Prince supermarket stores, they are use to selling either expired or adulterated (stories from other customers confirmed this).

What will you not see in Nigeria? Fake rice,fake cabbage, expired (but wiped off) ,all in the name of getting rich quick.

This is my story,

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of D'prince Supermarkets; They Sell Both Fake And Expired Products by Baroba(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
God bless you for this, many unadulterated goods/ expired products are imported by all and sundry into Nigeria.. I wish every Nigerian will adopt this name and shame concept, maybe these criminal elements will have a rethink of what they are selling to the general public.

Its unfortunate, the agencies you are meant to ensure these things are not happening are just as corrupt. God help us..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Remedies For Anxiety Disorder / Vixea Manplus / Things That Happens To The Breasts During Sexual Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.